• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FLS Caption Contest

TFred

The Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star's Editorial Cartoonist is about as liberal as they come... and unable to be reasoned with. Predictably, he's created a cartoon depicting his view of McDonald for this week's caption contest. I'm sure we have some creative folks here who can come up with something funny while making a point for our view... even though he surely thinks he's priming the other side.

The good news: You don't have to sign up for any site membership to submit an entry.

The bad news (1): They do require you to give your name and an e-mail address to enter.

The bad news (2): Despite his insistence of fairness, he determines the finalists for public voting by passing the entries around his office, full of liberal newspaper reporters... so don't expect to get any farther than the first round.

But... for our own amusement, we can share the entries here! :D

TFred

Here's the link to the page to enter.

Here's the cartoon:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
yes2.jpg

Attachments

• yes.jpg
    yes.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Thundar

LONG GUN OPEN CARRY - Endorsed by SCOTUS!!

Be careful out there. That is an unholstered gun, and a long gun at that. We can't talk about such strange things on this forum.

TFred

As promised, the editorial cartoonist picked four of the lamest captions imaginable for the final "contest"... I pasted them below. I also changed the image link to the "Weekly Challenge" where you can vote if you want to bother... but you do have to have a login for that.

Sad.

TFred

• Pull
  • I’m in charge and I said dance!
  • I call this baby my "Decision Maker"
  • And yet fireworks are illegal. Strange, huh?

I think I decided my personal favorite caption for this cartoon would be:

"What're ya gonna say NEXT State of the Union, Mr. President???"