• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any OCer's in Salinas, Ca?

Yaki

Hi,
I will be getting my gun in 2 more days :banana:(10 day cool off period). I am not planning to OC as I want to get used to the whole gun ownership part first. You can probably tell this will be my first time owning a gun lol.
If anyone here is in Monterey County I'd like to here your experineces unloaded open carrying.

Robin47

Hi,
I will be getting my gun in 2 more days :banana:(10 day cool off period). I am not planning to OC as I want to get used to the whole gun ownership part first. You can probably tell this will be my first time owning a gun lol.
If anyone here is in Monterey County I'd like to here your experiencesr unloaded open carrying.

Hi Yaki, Welcome to the forum.

Go to the California forum, and look up the "Sticky": in the blue area near the top that said's.
"Read this first-open carry Information".

Then read all you can to learn the laws in California, and you can also research all the post's
for many experiences of these OC-ers in California.

Robin47

MountainMike

Hi,
If anyone here is in Monterey County I'd like to here your experineces unloaded open carrying.

Congradulations on your first purchess. Trust me, it won't be your last. Since you're new to shooting I recommend you become proficiant with your firearm before you consider carring. Laguna Seca has a nice well controled outdoor range but for pistols I prefer Markley's in Watsonville. It's an indoor range.

I have UOC'd in Salinas a few times but in all honesty I wouldn't recommend it. I have had all positive encounters, never an (e) check but I think that is because people assume I am a cop. The problem with Salinas is school zones. Every primary road passes through a school zone and there are only a handful of stores outside of them. Seriously, all the areas you wouldn't want to go without a gun (east side), are all school zones.

I haven't UOC'd in any of the surrounding cities.

Yaki

Thamks guys. I have no plans to open carry at this time especially now. I have to get my laws memorized and would prefer to go with others.
I read the sticky I but they tend to be generalized and I was just trying to get thoughts from people who actually walked Salinas :) Hope to meet with you guys soon and again thanks for the welcome..