• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT Criminal back ground check

phoneguy

I am moving, and the manager of the new apt is doing a CBC on me. Will it show up that I have a WA. state CPL?

Dave_pro2a

AFAIK, it should not.

CPL status does pop up if an LEO runs your info iirc.

SayWhat

I am moving, and the manager of the new apt is doing a CBC on me. Will it show up that I have a WA. state CPL?

nope.

only thing that shows up are felony convictions and credit history. typically the people who do the back ground check don't disclose much information unless the landlord asks (what was the felony conviction?). the back ground check people usually give one of three answers (kinda like nics) proceed, denied or with cosigner.

MadHatter66

CPL status does pop up if an LEO runs your info iirc.

Depends on the agency, but the default is no... A normal ACCESS return does not include CPL status, it includes NCIC/WACIC and Drivers Status/DOL. CPL is run separately, but some systems are designed to grab the required info and run a CPL automatically. Also, a CPL only shows when being run through DOL database... Your CPL info is NOT part of a the NCIC/WACIC file. When you run someone for CPL you also get any guns that have been transferred to them. 99% of those are just handguns that you have to fill out the DOL pistol transfer forms for from a dealer. Unless you bought one private party and got conned into doing a transfer form as well.

Also, your CPL is not public record in WA. So a landlord would not be legally able to obtain that your have one anyway unless one of your references told them about it.

Last edited:

Lammo

SNIP When you run someone for CPL you also get any guns that have been transferred to them. 99% of those are just handguns that you have to fill out the DOL pistol transfer forms for from a dealer. Unless you bought one private party and got conned into doing a transfer form as well.

SNIP

Unless you had a tragic boating accident. :)

Last edited: