• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lizzy's Green Cafe Veteran's & Homeless Veterans Dinner Events, 15 & 29 December!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Lizzy's Green Cafe Veteran's & Homeless Veterans Dinner Events, 15 & 29 December!

Thursday the 15th Lizzy's will be open for a limited number of people, namely the Veterans and us. She asked me today to specifically invite the open carry people who attended last year and any guests we wish to bring. The Veterans will mostly be seated in the lounge for this event so we will have enough room in the cafe for the rest of the Veterans and all of us. Please attend if possible to show our support for our Veterans. Dinner will be served around 5:30 to 7. Entertainment starts at 7 with a Las Vegas act in the Lounge. Remember this is an open carry establishment and Lizzy has given us explicit permission to open carry in the cafe and lounge.

Thursday the 29th Lizzy's will be open for a limited number of people. This event is for our homeless Veterans who have nothing and live in the Veterans home. This event also starts at 5 P.M. with dinner served until 7 or so and then entertainment in the Lounge at 7. This is the event most of us attended last year and the one we supported with our donations and gifts. Many of these Veterans are young and have recently returned from a tour of duty and were then discharged. Once again Lizzy specifically has asked that we, the open carry folks and our families that frequent her establishment to please attend if possible to show our support for our homeless Veterans.

Keep in mind that the group on the 29th are the Veterans with nothing so if you intend to donate and donations are limited please donate to the homeless Veterans. I know we all can't attend every event that comes our way and finances are tough. Several of you got together last year and made gifts for our homeless Veterans. If anyone wants to spearhead this please do and post on the forum for help if you need it.

Please folks, attend at least one of these events if you can. I hope most of us can at least attend the event on the 29th for our homeless Veterans.

Lizzy's Green Cafe
3731 S. Beaumont Ave
Kansasville, WI

Phone: 262-878-6162

msusnVet

Thursday the 15th Lizzy's will be open for a limited number of people, namely the Veterans and us. She asked me today to specifically invite the open carry people who attended last year and any guests we wish to bring. The Veterans will mostly be seated in the lounge for this event so we will have enough room in the cafe for the rest of the Veterans and all of us. Please attend if possible to show our support for our Veterans. Dinner will be served around 5:30 to 7. Entertainment starts at 7 with a Las Vegas act in the Lounge. Remember this is an open carry establishment and Lizzy has given us explicit permission to open carry in the cafe and lounge.

Thursday the 29th Lizzy's will be open for a limited number of people. This event is for our homeless Veterans who have nothing and live in the Veterans home. This event also starts at 5 P.M. with dinner served until 7 or so and then entertainment in the Lounge at 7. This is the event most of us attended last year and the one we supported with our donations and gifts. Many of these Veterans are young and have recently returned from a tour of duty and were then discharged. Once again Lizzy specifically has asked that we, the open carry folks and our families that frequent her establishment to please attend if possible to show our support for our homeless Veterans.

Keep in mind that the group on the 29th are the Veterans with nothing so if you intend to donate and donations are limited please donate to the homeless Veterans. I know we all can't attend every event that comes our way and finances are tough. Several of you got together last year and made gifts for our homeless Veterans. If anyone wants to spearhead this please do and post on the forum for help if you need it.

Please folks, attend at least one of these events if you can. I hope most of us can at least attend the event on the 29th for our homeless Veterans.

Lizzy's Green Cafe
3731 S. Beaumont Ave
Kansasville, WI

Phone: 262-878-6162

I would like to attend, but what are the scheduled hours a person can open carry at this event? I see in state statutes a clause about a specific event of limited duration. I do not want to get arrested.

protias

I would like to attend, but what are the scheduled hours a person can open carry at this event? I see in state statutes a clause about a specific event of limited duration. I do not want to get arrested.

Lizzy's is a very carry friendly place.

msusnVet

Lizzy's is a very carry friendly place.

I guess they must have a license to serve alcohol, if they in fact do then the specifice event of limited duration I would think comes into play when open carry is involved. So who has the written permission and hours to open carry in a tavern at this event?

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Anyone Can Open Carry At Lizzy's Green Cafe

The restaurant is "to the right" when you walk through the front door while the lounge is "to the left" when you walk through the front door. The owners of the restaurant and lounge, Lizzy and Adam, have stated publicly many times that everyone is welcome in their establishments and open carry is welcome.

I open carry in the cafe and lounge whenever I am there. I don't want this thread to turn into the "agent" or "limited duration" or "specific event" rants it has in the past when discussing open carry in the lounge in accordance with the law. To put it bluntly we have the owners permission to always open carry in the entire establishment every single time we visit. Besides, the bathrooms are in the lounge so if you dine in the restaurant and need to use the restroom you have to enter the lounge to do so.

To answer your question these two events start at 5 and run until ??? whenever everyone leaves....please attend if possible. The event on the 29th is for our homeless Veterans. It's very sad to see our Veterans homeless. Lizzy and Adam have these events every year and these ARE special events which we specifically have been invited to attend. We...being open carry people. Lizzy herself spoke with me directly and asked me to post the two events and to invite the open carry community and our families.

Hope many of us can attend at least one event. I will certainly attend the event on the 29th.

protias

I guess they must have a license to serve alcohol, if they in fact do then the specifice event of limited duration I would think comes into play when open carry is involved. So who has the written permission and hours to open carry in a tavern at this event?

Lizzy and Adam have given us permission to be there armed anytime they are open. Like I said, they are very carry friendly.

msusnVet

I looked up Wis Stat. 941.237 (3) (g) and from what I see the owners may be breaking the law by allowing open carry all the time since they have a tavern. Someone has been misinformed and someone is likely to get arrested because of it.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Start Your Own Thread. Don't Trash This One.

I looked up Wis Stat. 941.237 (3) (g) and from what I see the owners may be breaking the law by allowing open carry all the time since they have a tavern. Someone has been misinformed and someone is likely to get arrested because of it.

If you want to discuss the law start your own thread and discuss it there.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

With respect, never accept legal information/advice from any but your own paid attorney.

The cops are law enFORCErs, like hammerheads, everything is nail.

Last edited:

protias

Not trashing anything or anyone, before I attend I will seek an opinion from the Racine County Sheriff's Dept. just to be safe from an arrest.
Please start your own thread. There is no need to continue to derail this one.

protias

I wish to attend the events, please do not hassle me for being careful.
I am not hassling you, I'm just saying to start a new thread instead of derailing this one. As for going to the police to ask their legal opinion, they don't know the carry laws as well as we do. They are not lawyers. Some of them do what they think is what the law states, but that is what Wisconsin Carry, Inc helps out with. Click on each one of the dates to look at what WCI has helped out with in this state: http://www.wisconsincarry.org/default.html

msusnVet

I am not hassling you, I'm just saying to start a new thread instead of derailing this one. As for going to the police to ask their legal opinion, they don't know the carry laws as well as we do. They are not lawyers. Some of them do what they think is what the law states, but that is what Wisconsin Carry, Inc helps out with. Click on each one of the dates to look at what WCI has helped out with in this state: http://www.wisconsincarry.org/default.html

Thank you for the URl, but I will take the DOJ statute over anything that organization you posted or any other organization has to say about the law involved.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Thank you for the URl, but I will take the DOJ statute over anything that organization you posted or any other organization has to say about the law involved.

OK, here's the story. Lizzy's is a restaurant and as far as I know, doesn't have a class B license so it doesn't matter. If it does, the 'event of limited duration' would be the Verterans meal time. Do you have a WI concealed carry license? If so, it doesn't matter.

msusnVet

OK, here's the story. Lizzy's is a restaurant and as far as I know, doesn't have a class B license so it doesn't matter. If it does, the 'event of limited duration' would be the Verterans meal time. Do you have a WI concealed carry license? If so, it doesn't matter.

Before I attend this coming week I will go over to the establishment and find out the facts. I only live 45 miles away and I do not trust some of the things I read on internet forums.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Before I attend this coming week I will go over to the establishment and find out the facts. I only live 45 miles away and I do not trust some of the things I read on internet forums.

Have fun! Do you have a ccl? If so, it doesn't matter if you have permission or not. As others have said, don't call the cops, they are allowed to lie to you.