• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking to buy a new piece....

briehl12

Looking to buy a new XDM40... Anyone have any grate news about this piece? I currently have a G26 that I like, but I like the look of the XDM too.

trevorthebusdriver

Love, love, love mine! Full size Bi-tone(Silver/Black)in .40. It's my OC gun. I'm happy with Outdoor Emporium(by Safeco Field) for service and prices.

Last edited:

Leatherneck

I love the XDm! Unfortunately mine was lost in a tragic boating accident along with all the rest of my firearms.
Check out Surplus Ammo in Tacoma. They had a better price in store than what I paid online (plus I had to pay FFL fee).

fire suppressor

I love the XD! I use to have a Glock then I tried out a XD and my entire life changed. I sold my Glock and used the money to buy a brand new XD and have never regretted it. Over 2,000 rounds and not a single jam, miss fire or problem of any kind! Easy take down and cleaning they really are the entire package. I trust my life to my XD every day as it has become my primary OC and EDC gun. I am known as the gun guy at work at was getting a lot of questions about them last year so I made a youtube video about them I could have my fiends and co workers watch. Every person is different but for me XD is the only way to go and I always highly recommend them. Below is a link to my youtube video it is not the highest dollar production but it may answer some of your questions, I also go into how to take them down and clean them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMY6Gow3Kh4

onlurker

Why .40? I may have a lead on a 9mm for a decent price if you're looking to buy soon. PM if you're interested.

As for news, it's hard to argue against an XD(M) in any flavor. It's a solid platform to shoot from and an excellent OC piece.

fire suppressor

Why .40? I may have a lead on a 9mm for a decent price if you're looking to buy soon. PM if you're interested.

As for news, it's hard to argue against an XD(M) in any flavor. It's a solid platform to shoot from and an excellent OC piece.

It has been a while sense I looked at ballistics but last time I did research I thought a 40 has the velocity of a 9 with the initial hitting power of a 45, that's why I went with 40 for my carry gun. Plus the magazine capacity is fair

onlurker

It has been a while sense I looked at ballistics but last time I did research I thought a 40 has the velocity of a 9 with the initial hitting power of a 45, that's why I went with 40 for my carry gun. Plus the magazine capacity is fair

My research concurs with this and is why my OC piece is .40, I was just curious on the OP's choice.

Zdoom

I carry the XDM 45 ACP with the 4.5 barrel and love the gun have put around 800 rds though it and have had zero issues with it.

With it in the Black hawk holster it is very comfortable even after carrying it for 12+ hours.

Hardbuck90

I carry an XD .45 everyday and it would take an act of god to make switch to a different weapon. In short I love it.

SigPacker

I would recommend looking for a gun that

A: you shoot well
B: has multiple caliber options

My gun of choice is a Sig 229 in .40 since you can purchase additional
drop in barrels (9mm and .357Sig) and essentially have 3 guns in one!

Bucks Gun Shop

You honestly cannot go wrong with either the XD, the Glock, or the M&P... My advice would be to go to Wades, Sams, or Norpoint and rent one of each model that you are considering and try it out firing the gun... They will feel very different when you are firing them on the line versus when you are just holding them in the store... Find the one that feels the best to you... That is the one to buy... If you take care of them they will all last you a lifetime... Heck, I have an old Iver Johnson shotgun that my grandfather bought for my dad... It only cost $12.50 at the time and it is still in excellent shape and hunting... Just take care of your equipment and it will take care of you...