• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Applied for permit in Enfield

loft

I wrote the letter and printed thinking I would have to send it, but alas - I didn't have to. Now to choose my first pistol... seeing as there are several that I want lol.

Thanks again for your help! I really appreciate it. :)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

davidmcbeth

Banned
I wrote the letter and printed thinking I would have to send it, but alas - I didn't have to. Now to choose my first pistol... seeing as there are several that I want lol.

Thanks again for your help! I really appreciate it. :)

Nice you got your permit....I would recommend a 357 but that's just me ... never had that jam ever. Pistols, once in a blue moon...

I just like revolvers ... but I have some pistols.

loft

I was leaning towards a Walther PPS. The only thing that has me on the fence is the backstrap issue that some have. Do I have to wait to buy a pistol after getting my state permit?

brk913

I was leaning towards a Walther PPS. The only thing that has me on the fence is the backstrap issue that some have. Do I have to wait to buy a pistol after getting my state permit?
No, you can go straight from Middletown to the store and make your purchase....I just got rid of a Walther, was not happy with it at all, have you rented one or shot one somewhere yet?

loft

No, you can go straight from Middletown to the store and make your purchase....I just got rid of a Walther, was not happy with it at all, have you rented one or shot one somewhere yet?

I've shot quite a few different pistols. Walther, S&W, ISSC, Ruger, (couple others I don't remember the name) and Glock. Absolutely hated the grip on the Glock but the rest were nice.

loft

I was on the way home from the girlfriends house and got to thinking... my normal route goes right by a school. Now I know I'd be federally bent over for bringing a firearm on school grounds, but are we allowed to drive through a school zone while carrying? I'd really hate to take an alternate route.

Rich B

I was on the way home from the girlfriends house and got to thinking... my normal route goes right by a school. Now I know I'd be federally bent over for bringing a firearm on school grounds, but are we allowed to drive through a school zone while carrying? I'd really hate to take an alternate route.

If you have a state-issued permit, you are fine. Just don't enter the property of a K-12.

If you have questions like this and you are planning to carry, it is good that you ask them, but you should really be seeking some professional training from a good outfit.

I would recommend you start with something like this: http://ctcarry.com/Training/RightsResponsibilitiesMindset

davidmcbeth

Banned

You really should know the answers to these types of ? before you carry. Just saying..best to know before a cop & court teaches you.

loft

Rich thanks for the link! I will definitely check that out. I'll have to follow it to see when the other classes are since I wouldn't make it in time for the class on October 2nd.