• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jan 19th nationwide State Capital rally?

drewf

Has anyone else heard of a national grassroots rally at all the state capitals being planned for noon on the 19th? Is this getting any traction from the major 2nd Amendment orgs out there? VCDL has lobby day on the 21st here in Virginia, which is to meet with legislators, but this other thing looks like a rally for a larger audience. Anyone have any info?

09jisaac

There is also suppose to be one Feb 8th.

It is a big cluster that isn't well planned and largely unsupported. If you cannot get a major showing, I wouldn't try. It does make it seem like no one cares to support your cause if you are the only one showing up.

motoxmann

there's been a couple posts about this already. as stated above, and as was discussed on the thread in my CT state section, its all about the numbers. if it's poorly planned and low numbers attend, it'll actually hurt the cause making it appear as if noone supports your cause, and therefore would be a bad idea to have at all. but if you can get a large enough group to really stand out, then its well worth it

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I just got this in my obama mail

The National Day of Service is Saturday, January 19th, with events in all 50 states honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Pledge to give a few hours of your time in your community –

motoxmann

I just got this in my obama mail

The National Day of Service is Saturday, January 19th, with events in all 50 states honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Pledge to give a few hours of your time in your community –

um, your obama mail? what does that mean?
and what the heck is The National Day of Service?
sorry if those are stupid questions, I honestly don't know