• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Al Sharpton's goons in Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmanhockey7

I'm very happy the nearest one to me is about 2 hours away. I wouldn't want to be any closer than 2 hours away.

FreeInAZ

What would be the purpose of injecting WHITE ARMED PEOPLE into one of their protests? Even they (National Action Network) are entitled to their right to peaceful assembly and to speak freely.(1A) This and the fact that they have chosen Federal property to hold these events at makes it at best a risky venture with nothing but bad PR to be gained in my opinion. I see in my mind 20-30 people in front of these buildings/events if their lucky. Why bother with them, as the only thing that would get us any press attention would be a fight/attack or worse.

Just my honest opinion - your's may vary?

Last edited:

TheQ

What would be the purpose of injecting WHITE ARMED PEOPLE into one of their protests? Even they (National Action Network) are entitled to their right to peaceful assembly and to speak freely.(1A) This and the fact that they have chosen Federal property to hold these events at makes it at best a risky venture with nothing but bad PR to be gained in my opinion. I see in my mind 20-30 people in front of these buildings/events if their lucky. Why bother with them, as the only thing that would get us any press attention would be a fight/attack or worse.

I'd go if I wasn't busy. Nothing wrong with a peaceful, respectful, distant counter-protest. We did it to the moms this spring. Not to mention, not all people on this site are white or even men. Please check your racial and sexual assumptions at the door.

It is true the 2A movement is composed mostly of Caucasian men. The only way we'll change that is if we stop repeating the stereotype ourselves. Us saying it makes others feel unwelcome.

countryclubjoe

Tomorrow in Detroit. I wonder where the city will get the money to pay the police, fireman and EMT's etc to cover this event.

Detroit declared BK today. First major city in the country's history to do so. A horrible city.

18 billion in debt.

Best regards

CCJ

Last edited:

wizzi01

Tomorrow in Detroit. I wonder where the city will get the money to pay the police, fireman and EMT's etc to cover this event.

Detroit declared BK today. First major city in the country's history to do so. A horrible city.

18 billion in debt.

Best regards

CCJ

I am not sure what constitutes a major city but I believe Stockton, CA with a population of just shy of 300k declared bankruptcy last year.

Oh I just saw you are from New Jersey, and you talk about Detroit. That is some funny stuff right there.

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

I am not sure what constitutes a major city but I believe Stockton, CA with a population of just shy of 300k declared bankruptcy last year.

Oh I just saw you are from New Jersey, and you talk about Detroit. That is some funny stuff right there.

The fact that I am from NJ allows me to talk about only 1 city. Hence that city is Detroit. Enjoy your stay.

CCJ

wizzi01

The fact that I am from NJ allows me to talk about only 1 city. Hence that city is Detroit. Enjoy your stay.

CCJ

No it doesn't allow you to talk about Detroit when you have cities that have worse crime then Detroit. The only difference is they can't be measured in per 100,000 like Detroit so they stay off those records.

FreeInAZ

I'd go if I wasn't busy. Nothing wrong with a peaceful, respectful, distant counter-protest. We did it to the moms this spring. Not to mention, not all people on this site are white or even men. Please check your racial and sexual assumptions at the door.

It is true the 2A movement is composed mostly of Caucasian men. The only way we'll change that is if we stop repeating the stereotype ourselves. Us saying it makes others feel unwelcome.

Please - you of all people should have understood my point! SPIN Mr. Spinmaster. This is a no win in the media. It will make counter protestors look like ghouls celebrating a black youths death in the main stream press, you know this, which really makes me wonder what the heck you're thinking? It's a moot point anways as you won't be there and I seriously doubt any others who oppose gun control will be either. Your thin attempt above is laughable. You / our MOC membership is 90% white male members, do you dispute this? So yes we do need to get those of color and women onboard too. Tell me, exactly how many MOC events are taking place in Detroit on a yearly basis?

Last edited:

Ezerharden

Please - you of all people should have understood my point! SPIN Mr. Spinmaster. This is a no win in the media. It will make counter protestors look like ghouls celebrating a black youths death in the main stream press, you know this, which really makes me wonder what the heck you're thinking? It's a moot point anways as you won't be there and I seriously doubt any others who oppose gun control will be either. Your thin attempt above is laughable. You / our MOC membership is 90% white male members, do you dispute this? So yes we do need to get those of color and women onboard too. Tell me, exactly how many MOC events are taking place in Detroit on a yearly basis?

Is that an offer to set one up?

FreeInAZ

Is that an offer to set one up?

Sure I'll help with funding it Ezerharden. Maybe a picnic in Detroit? Hart Plaza, Belle Isle. Tell me what items you need & I'll send you or Onnie the funds. You are less "southwest" than me. :)

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

I am sure the guy in Az will happily fly into the D to set this up, he is Mr MoneyBags after all

On a serious note however I would suggest a picnic or some other event at Martin Luther King Park in Grand Rapids here

Far from it. However - I will always put my money where my mouth is. Grand Rapids is sorely in need of more exposure to lawful OC from what I've read in the papers online. +1 for the suggestion.

TheQ

Jeff,

I don't manage events in the metro area...especially from Lansing. We have a regional team that works on that. If you know a restaurant in the D that would welcome us, contact seregion@miopencarry.org and I'm sure out team will be happy to set it up. If they don't, I or Adam will.

Funny thing is, every time I ask for a restaurant suggestion, only the crickets answer. Will this time be any different?

How would countering this be any different than countering the mom's rally?

Last edited:

TheQ

Jeff,

I don't manage events in the metro area...especially from Lansing. We have a regional team that works on that. If you know a restaurant in the D that would welcome us, contact seregion@miopencarry.org and I'm sure out team will be happy to set it up. If they don't, I or Adam will.

Funny thing is, every time I ask for a restaurant suggestion, only the crickets answer. Will this time be any different?

Last Michigan Open Carry, Inc event held in the D was the 2011 tree lighting. 5 people showed. The attendance may have something to do with it. I was there, you still lived in MI at the time but the funny thing is I don't recall you being there, Jeff. Why is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

FreeInAZ

Jeff,

The more well attended events in DETROIT have always been outdoors. Don't know why, it just is. Picnics are the way to go there in my honest opinion. Plenty of areas to have one: Belle Isle, etc...

FreeInAZ

To your other question - mom's rally was about gun control directly.

NAN - rally is in protest to what they see as a unjust verdict and a black teen being killed. Gun control is not their direct objective.

TheQ

The more well attended events in DETROIT have always been outdoors. Don't know why, it just is. Picnics are the way to go there in my honest opinion. Plenty of areas to have one: Belle Isle, etc...

The tree lighting was outdoors....

TheQ

To your other question - mom's rally was about gun control directly.

NAN - rally is in protest to what they see as a unjust verdict and a black teen being killed. Gun control is not their direct objective.

They want to eliminate SYG. I'd say the impacts gun activist, wouldn't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.