• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Perfect shot

DamonK

Then again your assistance may have been against the law, and now your good deed shall be punished to the extent allowed by law.

I guess I have both the faith in my fellow man (LEOs included) and the willingness to sacrifice for the good of my fellow man(or woman)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

WalkingWolf

Um...take a look at the gun laws for Washington D.C. and Illinois...just for example

OK, which laws have wording outlawing common sense? Cite please?

Could this be what you are referring to in Illinois?

(745 ILCS 49/) Good Samaritan Act.

(745 ILCS 49/1)
Sec. 1. Short title. This Act may be cited as the Good Samaritan Act.
(Source: P.A. 89-607, eff. 1-1-97.)

(745 ILCS 49/2)
Sec. 2. Legislative purpose. The General Assembly has established numerous protections for the generous and compassionate acts of its citizens who volunteer their time and talents to help others. These protections or good samaritan provisions have been codified in many Acts of the Illinois Compiled Statutes. This Act recodifies existing good samaritan provisions. Further, without limitation the provisions of this Act shall be liberally construed to encourage persons to volunteer their time and talents.
(Source: P.A. 89-607, eff. 1-1-97.)

Or maybe this law?

§ 720 ILCS 5/7-1 - Use of force in defense of person

Sec. 7-1. Use of force in defense of person. (a) A person is justified in the use of force against another when and to the extent that he reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or another against such other's imminent use of unlawful force. However, he is justified in the use of force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm only if he reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or another, or the commission of a forcible felony.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Ok, got me there. But perhaps he meant to say laws that go against or defy common sense.

Maybe, but there is a big difference, and actually Illinois has a loophole so in a way concealed carry is not as limited as in other states. As long as one posses a FOID card they can transport a unloaded firearm concealed. That means in restaurants that serve alcohol, the church, in a park, and since it's Illinois most business are not posted. And they do not have to notify officers they are carrying. All that is required is along with the FOID the gun be in a case designed for firearms and unloaded, the ammo(magazine) can be carried in a seperate compartment. While it takes nads to do it, and probably would be a hassle it is legal, in fact it is the only way transporting a firearm is allowed in Illinois. In my state of NC, it is a crime to transport a unloaded firearm in a case unloaded unless it is some part of the weapon can be seen, or it is in a locked container, or not within reach.

1245A Defender

well,,,

The perfect shot:

One large shot glass.
1.5 oz of Grey Goose vodka.
McIlhenny hot sauce.
One large raw oyster.

.....the perfect shot

makes me wonder about the state of the tide in front of my house here on Hood Cannal...
Not Vodka,,, Tequila...
Whats the hot sauce for?

We dont need no stinkin sauce...
Come on down for a beach snack,,, any time...

EMNofSeattle

PHP:
Then again your assistance may have been against the law, and now your good deed shall be punished to the extent allowed by law.

If you do something illegal then yes. If you save the life of a police officer or stop a mass shooting I strongly doubt you're going to trial or even be charged. In this case Mr Stacey was released minutes after being cuffed once the officers established who was who.

You're far more likely to get punished for protecting yourself in a dark alley or parking garage from a mugger than you are for assisting a police officer who is pinned down and under fire

1245A Defender

Well,,,

The perfect shot:

One large shot glass.
1.5 oz of Grey Goose vodka.
McIlhenny hot sauce.
One large raw oyster.

.....the perfect shot

makes me wonder about the state of the tide in front of my house here on Hood Cannal...
Not Vodka,,, Tequila...
Whats the hot sauce for?

We dont need no stinkin sauce...
Come on down for a beach snack,,, any time...

So now I am pi$$ed,,, I took the pics, but cant get photo bucket to work,,so maybe it didnt happen...
I checked the tide,,, half way out, or, in... but the oysters were gettable...
1st pic,,, 3 shucked oysters and a glass of tequila on my kitchen counter.
2nd pic,,, me, slurping a freshly shucked oyster.
3rd pic,,, me, taking a sip of 3 generations tequila!

look ma,,, no sauce!!!

ok,,, maybe now for pics...

011-1.jpg

012-2.jpg

013-1.jpg

Last edited: