• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fire Mission: Dick Saslaw's 2015 pre-session survey

Repeater

Too much freedom?

See this question:

Do you think gun advocacy groups such as the NRA influence gun safety issues with personal rights exceeding public safety?

Excuse me, how can person rights ever exceed public safety?

Current results on this question:

Response Percent
Yes 77.3%
No 18.4%
No Opinion 4.3%

TFred

"Do you support continuing the ban on guns on college campuses?"
"Would you support a universal background check for weapon permit applicants?"

What? This guy is a complete moron.

TFred

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

TFred

My reply to him would be "How would you enforce either? How much do you want to bet I can find an example of both of these not working?" (I gotta long list of toys I'd like to buy:p)

va_tazdad

TFred

LOL That is a lot nicer than my opinion of him. Start with useless and mentally deranged and work from there. If Tmack stops quick he is in danger of being swallowed up to his knees.

Google "brainless party hack", and his picture pops up.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Please note that this question does not address the current background check run on applicants for CHPs. It presupposes a "weapon permit" which of course would be direct, as opposed to de facto, gun registration. Also registration of dirks and daggers, nun-chucks, throwing stars, saps and blackjacks among other "weapons". (I'm never sure if a machete is or is not a weapon.)

Saslaw is no moron. He knows that most of the citizens do not pick up on what are really not subtlities.

stay safe.

Thundar

What, exactly, is a weapon permit application?

Would my 14 year old niece need one for her 9mm carbine or her recurved bow?

TFred

Please note that this question does not address the current background check run on applicants for CHPs. It presupposes a "weapon permit" which of course would be direct, as opposed to de facto, gun registration. Also registration of dirks and daggers, nun-chucks, throwing stars, saps and blackjacks among other "weapons". (I'm never sure if a machete is or is not a weapon.)

Saslaw is no moron. He knows that most of the citizens do not pick up on what are really not subtlities.
Ah, yes THAT makes sense.

He asks leading questions, which are not really about the status quo at all, but framed in a "reasonableness" context that allows him to point to the massive support for the NEW restrictions:

1. There is currently NO universal gun ban on college campuses in Virginia, just a couple by VAC and only in buildings and select other areas for the rest.

2. There is currently NO weapon permit, but by attaching the background check to what is IMPLIED to already exist without it, he gains apparent support for a NEW permit requirement in Virginia.

Not a moron. Just pure evil. Oh, how these people must hate their constituents.

TFred

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
After taking the survey and viewing the results, I appear to be a polar opposite of his targeted demographic. Considering that demographic elected him, being a polar opposite of said demographic warms my heart.

DeSchaine

Ugh. 80% support college gun bans. 74% think pro gun groups advance personal rights at the expense of public safety. Whats the famous quote? "A nation that would give up a little liberty for a little security deserves neither." And 84% support universal background checks. Wow.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The good old days? Imagine the consequences of such acts today... [strike]domestic terrorists[/strke] rightous indignation over oppression by the 1% in action. [/sarcasm] (edit by skidmark)

TFred

Run out of town on a rail

"You are my constituents!" Nothing beyond that.

Although Saslaw seems to see certain segments of society (gun owners, conservatives, and the like) in much the same way. But that was not the intent of linking.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"You are my constituents!" Nothing beyond that.

Although Saslaw seems to see certain segments of society (gun owners, conservatives, and the like) in much the same way. But that was not the intent of linking.

stay safe.
He ignores all with equal disdain.