• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickhenry76

Second Amendment

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Wisconsin Constitution, Article 1, Section 25

The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose.

I choose the title because of those two statements.

The Bill of Rights describes limits on the power of the federal government, as declared by the states. The 2nd amendment "shall not be infringed" is referring to the federal government not infringing.

The Wisconsin Constitution does not describe our natural right to bear arms as trumping our natural right to control property we own.

I see it this way in terms of our natural or God given rights. A property owner is not literally saying "No Guns", as guns aren't walking in. He is refusing service to customers that carry firearms. Just as he may refuse service to those that don't wear shirts, shoes, etc. The property owner is not taking away that person's right not to wear a shirt. In that way, the property owner is not taking away our rights, he is preserving his rights.

When the federal government requires us to buy and hold a license to purchase an automatic weapon, e.g., they have taken our natural and constitutional rights.

In my opinion, as open carry (and hopefully soon concealed carry) becomes more prominent in Wisconsin, businesses that are taking the side of refusing customers that carry provide an excellent way to choose where to spend money, or not. That's why I like this thread and contributed a name to the list.

Thanks for starting the thread.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I'm going to put Pizza Hut on there because while they recognize our right to bear arms, their employees cannot.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...licy-change-reflects-larger-societal-attitude

Meh.... I'm not sure if I agree with that. I'm pretty sure that most companies do not allow their employees to carry even if they allow customers to do so. Gander Mt. for instance.

You are going to make that list a lot bigger and it will be a little confusing if you start putting such companies up there as well as those who don't allow customers to carry.

protias

Meh.... I'm not sure if I agree with that. I'm pretty sure that most companies do not allow their employees to carry even if they allow customers to do so. Gander Mt. for instance.

You are going to make that list a lot bigger and it will be a little confusing if you start putting such companies up there as well as those who don't allow customers to carry.

It is something I'm going to have to mull over.

protias

Every Pizza Hut I have been to sells beer. 941.237.

Very true. Having said that, I've worked for a few companies that did not allow their employees to be armed, one being a video rental store that will soon dissolve. Pizza Hut will come off the list since these are stores to shop at, not places of employment.

M

McX

Public ignorance & judicial misconduct?
2A is a civil right, it's just not popular enough to be recognized.

civil rights never seem to be important until you are deprived of them, or need them.

jeff niles

No carry

Now Parker Pen Credit Union in Janesville just posted,took all my money out,no place to put it any more will have to buy more guns?

protias

Now Parker Pen Credit Union in Janesville just posted,took all my money out,no place to put it any more will have to buy more guns?

I hope you will follow up with them on why you took all your money out. Buying more guns isn't a bad idea, but you do have to feed them. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.