• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holly Adams - Mother of Virginia Tech student, releases statement

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
On this anniversary of Virginia Tech, I want to say I support guns on campus. Guns Save Lives. When you see the ANTI's like Colin Goddard and Lori Hass say that nobody wants guns on campus, that is not true. Read the statement below from the mother of one of the students..

Ed Levine

- - - -
On April 16, 2007, my child, Leslie Sherman, was killed by Seung-Hui Cho during the Virginia Tech massacre. Today is the fifth anniversary of her death. Always in my memories, every day I wish that this tragedy was a nightmare and I could wake up to hold my daughter even if it is just one more time. That opportunity might have been possible if someone been able to defend and protect my daughter in her classroom before Cho took 30 precious lives.

There is an unfortunate drive for more gun control and the continuation of preventing guns on campus by parents whose children lived or survived during that fatal day. Several family members of those victims have actively voiced their support for increased gun control measures. As result, it has been assumed that they speak for all families of the Virginia Tech victims. I am writing this to make it clear that this is not the case. They do not represent me and my views.

Speaking for myself, I would give anything if someone on campus; a professor, one of the trained military or guardsman taking classes or another student could have saved my daughter by shooting Cho before he killed our loved ones. Because professors, staff and students are precluded from protecting themselves on campus, Cho, a student at Virginia Tech himself, was able to simply walk on campus and go on a killing rampage with no worry that anyone would stop him.

I ask a simple question: Would the other parents of victims be forever thankful if a professor or student was allowed to carry a firearm and could have stopped Seung-Hui Cho before their loved one was injured or killed? I would be. I also suspect that the tragedy may not have occurred at all if Cho knew that either faculty members or students were permitted to carry their own weapons on campus. Cho took his own life before campus police were able to reach him and put a stop to his killing spree.

A sad testament to this anniversary date is the number of similar killings in schools and public places that have taken place afterwards as if nothing has changed to help prevent such needless and heartbreaking events. That is why I fully support the VCDL (Virginia Citizens Defense League) in their outstanding efforts to help prevent this type of tragedy and loss from occurring in the future.

Holly Adams
- - - -

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This should be seen on every computer in this country. I hope each member here takes it on him/her self to pass it along.

67GT390FB

This should be seen on every computer in this country. I hope each member here takes it on him/her self to pass it along.

peter, before we do thatand i'm sure ed already has but has anyone vetted that this is indeed a true letter and this person is indeed who they say they are. i am not above believing the wrong people would put out an untrue statement trying to catch someone like philip in a lie. if this indeed factual i agree lets shout it from on high.

TFred

Aside from the Bloomburgs and the Schumers and the Goddards, who all use these kinds of criminal events to propagandize their view of people control, at least the general population tends to give the families of victims the benefit of the doubt when it comes to genuine motive.

What we must always strive to put out there into the arena of ideas is the fact that what these folks claim to want is for there to never be another shooting on a campus. And what we need to always say next is that we agree, nobody wants there to be another shooting on a campus... but Gun Bans do absolutely NOTHING to accomplish that goal.

TFred

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
On this anniversary of Virginia Tech, I want to say I support guns on campus. Guns Save Lives. When you see the ANTI's like Colin Goddard and Lori Hass say that nobody wants guns on campus, that is not true. Read the statement below from the mother of one of the students..

Ed Levine

Ed, could you cite where this came from? I have no doubts about the authenticity, but some of those I want to forward it to are going to claim it was dreamed up unless they can see where it comes from.

Thanks.

stay safe.

VApatriot

I wish that I could personally thank her for her willingness to make her views known to the public. I can't imagine how difficult it is for her and her family to have to relive what happened that day. Unlike the the antis, it seems that it has taken quite a bit more time to heal before she could even think about addressing her loss in terms of political action, but it shows great strength on her part to take a stand, even now.

I'll try to spread this around anywhere that I can.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
peter, before we do thatand i'm sure ed already has but has anyone vetted that this is indeed a true letter and this person is indeed who they say they are. i am not above believing the wrong people would put out an untrue statement trying to catch someone like philip in a lie. if this indeed factual i agree lets shout it from on high.

Very Good Point!
I'm jumping into the "It must be true if it's on the internet" trap.

ed

Ed, could you cite where this came from? I have no doubts about the authenticity, but some of those I want to forward it to are going to claim it was dreamed up unless they can see where it comes from.

Thanks.

stay safe.
I had dinner with Holly and my friend Brian Reynolds one night after a meeting. Holly responded to one of the Lori Haas emails that started this off. We talked on the phone, discussed her statement and she did not put it out the other day as it was her daughters birthday. We spoke again on the phone and via e-mail and she said she would send something out today.. I had it first thing this AM in my inbox. There was also talk about Philip sending it out in an ALERT all by itself.. so I would expect that as well.

Ed

TFred

I had dinner with Holly and my friend Brian Reynolds one night after a meeting. Holly responded to one of the Lori Haas emails that started this off. We talked on the phone, discussed her statement and she did not put it out the other day as it was her daughters birthday. We spoke again on the phone and via e-mail and she said she would send something out today.. I had it first thing this AM in my inbox. There was also talk about Philip sending it out in an ALERT all by itself.. so I would expect that as well.

Ed
OCDO has issued press releases from time to time, AND suggest sending it to Mike/John/Codrea/Workman for inclusion in one of their Examiner articles.

... Even the N** might put it out in one of their alerts.....

TFred

Last edited:

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
Thanks Ed, as always; fantastic job. I will be sure to take time today to learn about the earthly person her daughter was when I reflect about the massacre today.

ed

IMG_8654edit.jpg

Bowesmobile

Thank you for this. I hope no one minds, but I posted this and an explaination on my Facebook wall. So that at least my 100+ friends would know the truth, that not all families are against carrying for personal protection. If someone objects I will remove it from my wall. But after reading I think this was the intent of the letter.

Ric in Richmond

Ed Levine

- - - -
On April 16, 2007, my child, Leslie Sherman, was killed by Seung-Hui Cho during the Virginia Tech massacre. Today is the fifth anniversary of her death. Always in my memories, every day I wish that this tragedy was a nightmare and I could wake up to hold my daughter even if it is just one more time. That opportunity might have been possible if someone been able to defend and protect my daughter in her classroom before Cho took 30 precious lives.

There is an unfortunate drive for more gun control and the continuation of preventing guns on campus by parents whose children lived or survived during that fatal day. Several family members of those victims have actively voiced their support for increased gun control measures. As result, it has been assumed that they speak for all families of the Virginia Tech victims. I am writing this to make it clear that this is not the case. They do not represent me and my views.

Speaking for myself, I would give anything if someone on campus; a professor, one of the trained military or guardsman taking classes or another student could have saved my daughter by shooting Cho before he killed our loved ones. Because professors, staff and students are precluded from protecting themselves on campus, Cho, a student at Virginia Tech himself, was able to simply walk on campus and go on a killing rampage with no worry that anyone would stop him.

I ask a simple question: Would the other parents of victims be forever thankful if a professor or student was allowed to carry a firearm and could have stopped Seung-Hui Cho before their loved one was injured or killed? I would be. I also suspect that the tragedy may not have occurred at all if Cho knew that either faculty members or students were permitted to carry their own weapons on campus. Cho took his own life before campus police were able to reach him and put a stop to his killing spree.

Amen and thank you!!!

i am still appalled that Steger is still on (his failed) watch!!

riverrat10k

Thank you, Ed, and my sincerest condolences and heartfelt sympathy for Mrs. Adams and her family. I too wish she could once again hug her daughter. Just as I wish I could again hug my friends, the Harvey family.

What so many anti's misunderstand is that we value our guns not because we value destruction, but because we value LIFE.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
While attending the VT protest back in November a lady walked by after the speakers had concluded and I offered her a sticker. She told me that she agreed with sticker but didn't feel comfortable wearing it in her new role with the university. Her friend's husband, a professor I believe, had been killed in Cho's massacre when he left his office to confront the killer. If permitted he would have likely had a firearm with him, but was prohibited by university policy. Sadly the university still pushes these failed polices that force people to choose between employment to provide for their families and education to be better suited to work later versus taking precautions to ensure their lives are protected. There need not be an either / or requirement here except the university chooses to force this choice upon everyone associated with the school. Employment or self defense? What a sick situation to pose.

Bowesmobile

Of course someone will object. Even before the shooting the liberals have been creating gun free zones wherever they had. I would suggest you stand strong and LEAVE it on YOUR wall so that others can start to learn how YOU (we?) feel.

I should have added "from this board". Not that I think anyone would.

67GT390FB

Ed

thanks ed, i figured as much but just wanted to make sure.