• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry of Rifles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Napkin

Had a question and found this forum. Is there any law that actually forbids the open carry of rifles in Arkansas? The only laws I can find only reference handguns. Rifles aren't even considered a weapon under state law from what I can find.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had a question and found this forum. Is there any law that actually forbids the open carry of rifles in Arkansas? The only laws I can find only reference handguns. Rifles aren't even considered a weapon under state law from what I can find.

5-1-102. Definitions.

(4) "Deadly weapon" means: (A) A firearm or anything manifestly designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting death or serious physical injury; or

6)(A) "Firearm" means any device designed, made, or adapted to expel a projectile by the action of an or any device readily convertible to that use.

http://www.christiangunowner.com/arkansas_weapon_laws.html

LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Status
Not open for further replies.