• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 234 - New Amentment!

seminoles1999

SB 234 - New Amendment! (May 03) Open Carry

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2011/0234/Amendment/733353/HTML

T I T L E A M E N D M E N T
250 Remove the entire title and insert:
251 A bill to be entitled
252 An act relating to firearms; amending s. 790.06, F.S.;
253 providing that a person in compliance with the terms of a
254 concealed carry license may carry openly notwithstanding
255 specified provisions;

Last edited:

j4l

Hmm... let's see where change #2040675065074405968738375756904.7 leads before changing, yet again..

" Remove the entire title and insert:
A bill to be entitled
252 An act relating to firearms; amending s. 790.06, F.S.;
253 providing that a person in compliance with the terms of a
254 concealed carry license may carry openly
notwithstanding
255 specified provisions; allowing the Division of Licensing
256 of the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to
257 take fingerprints from concealed carry license applicants; "

Am I seeing this correctly? Or just wishful thinking on my part?

firedog

j4l

Oh , I wont. Im going to be 100% skeptical now, until the moment it's signed sealed and delivered by Scott..

77zach

OK, I'm calm now. Only a six pack down so I'm mellow now.
"F" Obama - Abruzzo for president if this is real... LOL

Abruzzo is a pro gun rights democrat. I'm not sure what is going on, but his amendment won't be adopted, that would be too good to be true. If it were, the abomination that is SB 234 could blessedly be killed and we can try again next year with a greater chance of success.

Maybe by seeing a democrat do it, and standing up for our rights, he will induce Republican reps to stand up to the wicked neocon RINO's in the senate. I really have no idea though.

firedog

Abruzzo is a pro gun rights democrat. I'm not sure what is going on, but his amendment won't be adopted, that would be too good to be true. If it were, the abomination that is SB 234 could blessedly be killed and we can try again next year with a greater chance of success.

Maybe by seeing a democrat do it, and standing up for our rights, he will induce Republican reps to stand up to the wicked neocon RINO's in the senate. I really have no idea though.
Ok dude, you're damaging my mellow! I never thought I would be this "whatever I'm feeling right now" calm. I just want to ease these beers down and lay with my wife an encouraged man if you know what I mean. Even if it's just for tonight... LOL ROFLMAO.... It's going to be a good night tater....

Rick H

Are they toying with us or does this have any chance in hell of passing?????????????????????????????????

They must have read the previous amendment of bogdanoff and found that it is retarded and will screw-over everybody including themselves.
There has got to be a reason that this has happened. They are trying to make good on the B.S accident stuff and found there is no other way to do it except allow Open carry to the clause. and there must be more than one of them that feels this way.

Last edited:

Willm3053

This came out of left field, as much as I want to jump up and down like a little school girl, I'm not. Expect the unexpected, Bogdanoff might still have her saying on it.

77zach

This came out of left field, as much as I want to jump up and down like a little school girl, I'm not. Expect the unexpected, Bogdanoff might still have her saying on it.

The best that can happen, which won't, is that the amendment is adopted. In which case SB 234 will die in conference in the senate or on the senate floor. This is if the House could grow a pair/love freedom a little bit more.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
This amendment was offered on 3rd read, not 2nd where it would have a chance.

This is completely transparent political theater designed to mislead people who do not understand the political process and rules of the legislature.

Trust me, this is all for show.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
That all said, it does have a chance of blowing up in Rep. Abruzzo's face and being accepted by a 2/3 majority of the house.

Even if that happens the Senate will still kick it back. Some people were even calling and being rude to Senator's staffs who were going to vote for Open Carry.

Last edited:

brboyer

That all said, it does have a chance of blowing up in Rep. Abruzzo's face and being accepted by a 2/3 majority of the house.

Even if that happens the Senate will still kick it back. Some people were even calling and being rude to Senator's staffs who were going to vote for Open Carry.

Not anyone on this site, I'm sure....