• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Favourite Poem. Every Man Should have a Rifle. By Henry Lawson!

Haz.

This is the Australia I remember, long before the insane do gooders and currupt government leaders got the upper hand. This is the Australia we the few are fighting to restore.

Cheers, Haz.

Every Man Should have a Rifle.

By Henry Lawson.

So I sit and write and ponder, while the house is deaf and dumb,
Seeing visions "over yonder" of the war I know must come.
In the corner - not a vision - but a sign for coming days
Stand a box of ammunition and a rifle in green baize.
And in this, the living present, let the word go through the land,
Every tradesman, clerk and peasant should have these two things at hand.

No - no ranting song is needed, and no meeting, flag or fuss -
In the future, still unheeded, shall the spirit come to us!
Without feathers, drum or riot on the day that is to be,
We shall march down, very quiet, to our stations by the sea.
While the bitter parties stifle every voice that warns of war,
Every man should own a rifle and have cartridges in store!

Trent91

This is the Australia I remember, long before the insane do gooders and currupt government leaders got the upper hand. This is the Australia we the few are fighting to restore.

Cheers, Haz.

Every Man Should have a Rifle.

By Henry Lawson.

So I sit and write and ponder, while the house is deaf and dumb,
Seeing visions "over yonder" of the war I know must come.
In the corner - not a vision - but a sign for coming days
Stand a box of ammunition and a rifle in green baize.
And in this, the living present, let the word go through the land,
Every tradesman, clerk and peasant should have these two things at hand.

No - no ranting song is needed, and no meeting, flag or fuss -
In the future, still unheeded, shall the spirit come to us!
Without feathers, drum or riot on the day that is to be,
We shall march down, very quiet, to our stations by the sea.
While the bitter parties stifle every voice that warns of war,
Every man should own a rifle and have cartridges in store!

Excellent poem! Truly embodies the spirit of what being AMERICAN really means. Taking arms and fighting for what is right when the time comes!

GOD BLESS THE USA!!!

Haz.

Excellent poem! Truly embodies the spirit of what being AMERICAN really means. Taking arms and fighting for what is right when the time comes!

GOD BLESS THE USA!!!

G'day Trent,

I love his poems. He wrote at a time and about the Australia that I knew, that I lived, that I remember, that existed when I was in my prime, but which is sadly now long gone. I do agree, "God bless America" and its people. Cheers, Haz.

Trent91

G'day Trent,

I love his poems. He wrote at a time and about the Australia that I knew, that I lived, that I remember, that existed when I was in my prime, but which is sadly now long gone. I do agree, "God bless America" and its people. Cheers, Haz.

G'day to you as well!

I am truly sorry for the current political climate in your country! Are the citizens of Austrailia able to impact the government as well as we are in the US? If so, I'd be raising hell with politicians every day!!

God bless Austrailia, the US, and all of the citizens of both alike!!

Haz.

G'day to you as well!

I am truly sorry for the current political climate in your country! Are the citizens of Austrailia able to impact the government as well as we are in the US? If so, I'd be raising hell with politicians every day!!

God bless Austrailia, the US, and all of the citizens of both alike!!

We are and we continue to do so. This is the type of Government we are up against. Before the last election, the Australian people were very conserned and against the introduction of a proposed carbon Tax and from all the polls it was clearly shown that the people would vote accordingly. In the lead up to the election the leader of the labor party and her treasurer publicly stated several times in and on all media available, "There will be no Carbon Tax under a government I lead." Immediately after the election which was hung, the Labor party won on that promise, and then teaming up with three indipendents and the Greens they gained power and in came the Carbon Tax which they promised would not happen. It was pushed through the lower house last week and will get through next month because they hold the numbers.

The people of Australia have been protesting vehemently ever since. A convoy was organized in which thousands of ordinary people traveld from all over Australia, from deep in the red center, Perth, and far northern Queensland by car, trucks, campervans, this took weeks to organize including time traveled, and they staged a protest rally on arrival in Canberra, our capital city. The police only allowed portions of the convoy at a time, into the circut surrounding parliment house and in so doing the media filmed and reported that only a small number of people actually arrived and were protesting. M'P's in parliment scoffed and boasted calling the convoy; "The Convoy of No Consequence," and introduced the Carbon Tax Bill. In other words, they consider the people of Australia, and what they wanted of no consequence and we are in their eyes, people of no consequence. Rio Tinto announced this morning it is selling off its aluminium smelters, which are huge users of electricity. They know we will not be able to compete with producers who have no carbon tax.

Here's what Hon Warren Truss MP Leader of The Nationals sent us.

Dear Friend,

It didn’t take long. Rio Tinto's decision to sell-off its Australian aluminium assets is a sign of things to come as Australian manufacturers assess the costs of Labor's carbon tax.

It follows a tumultuous week in federal parliament, where a government bereft of legitimacy, cobbled together out of expediency and self-interest, and without a mandate imposed the will of a very few on an entire nation.

The House of Representatives erupted last Wednesday with Labor, the Greens and Independents cheering, applauding and back-slapping as they enshrined deception and betrayal in legislation.

Meanwhile, mums and dads are worried, dismayed at inevitable higher prices for everything and the knowledge that tens of thousands of Australian jobs – perhaps their own – are now in real jeopardy.

Amidst the government’s jubilation at inflicting the biggest carbon tax in the world on Australian businesses and families, I wonder if any of the 74 MPs who voted for it bothered to consider the fears and uncertain futures of families.

Judging by the unseemly self-congratulations, the hooting, hollering and high-fives, I doubt it.

The gloating of Bob Brown, the self-congratulation of Messrs Oakeshott, Windsor and Wilkie, and the celebration of Julia Gillard and her cohorts only serve to inflame the betrayal felt by ordinary Australians across the length and breadth of this country.

Lies paved the path to The Lodge for this Prime Minister. The Australian people were assured there would be no carbon tax under a government this Prime Minister leads.

So much, too, for her ‘community consensus’. That was another pledge quickly dumped. In fact, the only consensus this Prime Minister has rallied around her carbon tax is a resounding ‘no’ from the Australian people.

She vowed to wear out her shoe leather, and she did… doing a runner from outraged Australians.

The people have been shut out, ignored and treated with disdain by this Prime Minister. They did not expect this tax, they have been denied the opportunity to vote on it, and since the last election they have made their displeasure plain.

History will damn this government, reserving a special place in the annals of time for this Prime Minister, condemned by her own words.

Julia Gillard followed up last Thursday by completely capitulating on offshore processing, allowing asylum seekers to live and work in the community while their claims are assessed. Labor has surrendered control of our borders and people smugglers will be laughing… all because the Prime Minister won’t do the reasonable thing and send boat arrivals to Nauru.

The Greens got their way twice in as many days. Labor has lost the plot, has no compass and is leaving Australia adrift and directionless. Only an election can fix this mess.

Kind regards,

Hon Warren Truss MP
Leader of The Nationals

They dont care about us or our country? We have been dissarmed and are nothing but cannon fodder in their eyes, people of no consequence. Any other country and they would have an uprising on their hands by now. All we can do is wait till the next election in 2013 but sadly by then the damage will have been done. All we are now is one giant quarry. Cheers, Haz.

Trent91

We are and we continue to do so. This is the type of Government we are up against. Before the last election, the Australian people were very conserned and against the introduction of a proposed carbon Tax and from all the polls it was clearly shown that the people would vote accordingly. In the lead up to the election the leader of the labor party and her treasurer publicly stated several times in and on all media available, "There will be no Carbon Tax under a government I lead." Immediately after the election which was hung, the Labor party won on that promise, and then teaming up with three indipendents and the Greens they gained power and in came the Carbon Tax which they promised would not happen. It was pushed through the lower house last week and will get through next month because they hold the numbers.

The people of Australia have been protesting vehemently ever since. A convoy was organized in which thousands of ordinary people traveld from all over Australia, from deep in the red center, Perth, and far northern Queensland by car, trucks, campervans, this took weeks to organize including time traveled, and they staged a protest rally on arrival in Canberra, our capital city. The police only allowed portions of the convoy at a time, into the circut surrounding parliment house and in so doing the media filmed and reported that only a small number of people actually arrived and were protesting. M'P's in parliment scoffed and boasted calling the convoy; "The Convoy of No Consequence," and introduced the Carbon Tax Bill. In other words, they consider the people of Australia, and what they wanted of no consequence and we are in their eyes, people of no consequence. Rio Tinto announced this morning it is selling off its aluminium smelters, which are huge users of electricity. They know we will not be able to compete with producers who have no carbon tax.

Here's what Hon Warren Truss MP Leader of The Nationals sent us.

[letter]

They dont care about us or our country? We have been dissarmed and are nothing but cannon fodder in their eyes, people of no consequence. Any other country and they would have an uprising on their hands by now. All we can do is wait till the next election in 2013 but sadly by then the damage will have been done. All we are now is one giant quarry. Cheers, Haz.

Wow. I am amazed, and and duscusted by what the Austrailian government has done to its people. The politicians have totally lost sight of what they were voted into office to do in the first place: serve the people.
My best wishes and prayers go out to you and your countrymen. God only knows who will be suffering unemployment at the hands of the corrupt suits sitting in office. :mad: