• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Nipping" out officer subversion of the fourth.

twoskinsonemanns

I've got no problem with sniffing dogs, as long as one single false positive has the dog removed from the service permanently.

Actually even with that rule i still have a problem with them.

To be more effective the justice system should employ psychics to give a judge a list of 100 addresses each morning of people who are committing crimes. The judge could then issue the warrants right then. Man imagine how many more citizens we could imprison!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

+1

Do take a moment to click on the link. If you're in a hurry, just skip to the last third of the video to see the damning dog testimony.

This case is about the Pastor Anderson who was tasered and dragged through the broken glass of his car window a few years ago at a Border Patrol roadblock set up inside Arizona, not on the border. The BP messed him up pretty good, if you saw the photos after he was released. I didn't follow the case. Almost didn't have to follow it; you knew the BP was gonna lose this one: they picked on a young guy who was exercising his rights, who was filming it, who was clean-cut and telegenic, and was a member of the clergy. Boy, oh, boy, did the Border Patrol ever step in it that time. The video of the roadblock incident is on YouTube, and apparently a number of pre-trial hearing videos, more than just the dog video linked above.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I've got no problem with sniffing dogs, as long as one single false positive has the dog removed from the service permanently.

Actually even with that rule i still have a problem with them.

To be more effective the justice system should employ psychics to give a judge a list of 100 addresses each morning of people who are committing crimes. The judge could then issue the warrants right then. Man imagine how many more citizens we could imprison!

According to the video government testimony, dogs never falsely alert.

Lets face it. Between no false dog alerts and court rulings in the direction of dog sniffs not unreasonably extending traffic stops, these are just year-round fishing licenses for police.

Chap

I was in the military staying on base in Gitmo Cuba. They brought the dogs through our rooms. My room was called out so I returned to the room and was asked to point out my bed. After which the dog was walked by the bed and it sat down. The handler smiled and said where are your drugs? I said I don't have any go ahead and check. He looked around then opened the end tables drawer. Stood up and sighed. Never mind he said, I said what's up? He told me the cookies in my night table drawer were the kind he gave his drug dog as a treat when he found drugs. The dog was done for the day. I was found not guilty.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I was in the military staying on base in Gitmo Cuba. They brought the dogs through our rooms. My room was called out so I returned to the room and was asked to point out my bed. After which the dog was walked by the bed and it sat down. The handler smiled and said where are your drugs? I said I don't have any go ahead and check. He looked around then opened the end tables drawer. Stood up and sighed. Never mind he said, I said what's up? He told me the cookies in my night table drawer were the kind he gave his drug dog as a treat when he found drugs. The dog was done for the day. I was found not guilty.

ROFL! Great story! You barracks cookie-muncher, you. Shame on you for embarrassing the majesty of the law dogs.

OC for ME

I hope you spread the word about those cookies and that dog to your buddies before you left.

I wudda been leaving cookies everywhere, especially in the handlers room(s). Even the CO's rooms.

davidmcbeth

Banned

You got lucky .. in my command, you would have been found guilty ... really...they were N-U-T-S ... welcome to SAC

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
You got lucky .. in my command, you would have been found guilty ... really...they were N-U-T-S ... welcome to SAC

The old fallacy that the dog never false alerts? That if he alerts and there are no drug present, its because there were drugs there previously? :)

Or, because you baked MJ into the cookies to fool the people on the other end of the dog's leash? :D