• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tell Seattle Mayor how you feel about open carry and other gun related issues...

jsanchez

Plan ahead: Mayor to host town hall at Van Asselt Community Center 7/18

Mark your calendar: neighbors in the 98108, 98118, amd 98144 area codes are invited to attend a Mayor's Town Hall meeting on Wednesday, July 18 from 5:30-8 p.m. at Van Asselt Community Center (2820 S. Myrtle St.)

The event starts with a community information fair from 5:30-6:30, followed by a youth performance from 6:30-6:40, then the open Q&A session with Mayor McGinn and City staff.

The town hall is another in a series of town halls throughout Seattle, through the Engage Seattle initiative, designed to "to provide concrete ways for Seattleites to help make our city a better place." Find out more at the website.

rapgood

Plan ahead: Mayor to host town hall at Van Asselt Community Center 7/18

Mark your calendar: neighbors in the 98108, 98118, amd 98144 area codes are invited to attend a Mayor's Town Hall meeting on Wednesday, July 18 from 5:30-8 p.m. at Van Asselt Community Center (2820 S. Myrtle St.)

The event starts with a community information fair from 5:30-6:30, followed by a youth performance from 6:30-6:40, then the open Q&A session with Mayor McGinn and City staff.

The town hall is another in a series of town halls throughout Seattle, through the Engage Seattle initiative, designed to "to provide concrete ways for Seattleites to help make our city a better place." Find out more at the website.

The way I see it, since this is a public park (http://info.kingcounty.gov/Assessor/eRealProperty/Dashboard.aspx?ParcelNbr=7857002030), then OC is lawful.

redboneshadow

Van Asselt Community Center No Gun Sign. In Violation.

I personally went down to the community center where McGinn will be speaking on the 18th and they have not complied with gun's being legal in city parks and rec. centers.
Looks like they want to get sued again. Turned info. over to Dave Workman. We show up and if they throw us out that gives us legal right to once again slap down the city
for noncompliance.

Attachments

• No Guns Sign Seattle.jpg
    No Guns Sign Seattle.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 120

hermannr

I personally went down to the community center where McGinn will be speaking on the 18th and they have not complied with gun's being legal in city parks and rec. centers.
Looks like they want to get sued again. Turned info. over to Dave Workman. We show up and if they throw us out that gives us legal right to once again slap down the city
for noncompliance.

Don't you think the Appeals court would like to give McGinn a 6 month vacation in the state pen for contempt? I think that would be great.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
for noncompliance.

There is nothing in the SMC 18.12 about firearms. http://clerk.ci.seattle.wa.us/~public/toc/18-12.htm

This is one of those old signs that needs to come down or be changed.

jsanchez

So who all are going tomarrow nite. If anyone saw the news tonite, the mayor is taking a beating over police reform. The city attorney, city council and minority groups are all beating him up. Tomarrow nite would be a great nite to show up, set a good impression of open carry, win some hearts and minds, educate people about self defense and how safe this state is compared to others. The list goes on and on. So who's coming.......

redboneshadow

Date and Place Have Been Changed!!!! Mayor's Town Hall South Seattle

Either someone tipped him off that some of us would show up or, well you guess. I have no clue at this point. Checked his web site and the new updated info. is here:

http://mayormcginn.seattle.gov/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/8-14-12-Mayors-Town-Hall-St-Marks.pdf

Figures he moves it to a church which makes it difficult to open carry at.

Mayors site: http://tinyurl.com/csw6h2w

So date is 8-14-2012 @ 5:30

Church is 2 blocks North on Beacon East side. 6020 Beacon Ave. So.

tombrewster421

Either someone tipped him off that some of us would show up or, well you guess. I have no clue at this point. Checked his web site and the new updated info. is here:

http://mayormcginn.seattle.gov/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/8-14-12-Mayors-Town-Hall-St-Marks.pdf

Figures he moves it to a church which makes it difficult to open carry at.

Mayors site: http://tinyurl.com/csw6h2w

So date is 8-14-2012 @ 5:30

Church is 2 blocks North on Beacon East side. 6020 Beacon Ave. So.

That's funny. He's so afraid of the citizens. As he should be. Of course what he really needs to worry about is his job rather than his life.