• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

White House to "work around NRA" using Walmart

unreconstructed1

Same is happening here. We have 2 walmarts. Both are almost out of ammo and I asked about the 7.62 ammo when I was in there other day. I never buy ammo there any way. They said they are no longer going to carry it anymore here. The guy says every one has been coming in asking for it too. lol Glad we have got other options in this area.

My Wal-mart stays dry on ammo as well, in most popular calibers. Funny thing is though, I went in a few years ago to pick up some 9mm ammo, and having just bought an Enfield, figured it'd be worth a shot to see if they carried ammo for it as well. An employee saw me looking and asked if I needed any help, so I asked him if they carried .303 ammo. The clerk matter-of-factly informed me that Wal-Mart did not, and would not, carry Assault weapon calibers. I thanked him kindly and picked up some 7.62x39 ammo instead.

WalkingWolf

My Wal-mart stays dry on ammo as well, in most popular calibers. Funny thing is though, I went in a few years ago to pick up some 9mm ammo, and having just bought an Enfield, figured it'd be worth a shot to see if they carried ammo for it as well. An employee saw me looking and asked if I needed any help, so I asked him if they carried .303 ammo. The clerk matter-of-factly informed me that Wal-Mart did not, and would not, carry Assault weapon calibers. I thanked him kindly and picked up some 7.62x39 ammo instead.

I have been having to call around to get 45 acp casings. One of the largest gun dealers and handloading supply business was completely out. I had to buy them all the way from Florida, and then they were small primer 45 acp. I have two hundred backup 45 I am hoping to have 500 loaded rounds once I get my brass. I can't even find any lead at tire shops locally, it is going so fast it is ridicules. Even if you check dies and molds many are out of stock. Hopefully the surge in reloading will encourage smaller gun shops to carry supplies, though they will be more expensive.

mpguy

I have been having to call around to get 45 acp casings. One of the largest gun dealers and handloading supply business was completely out. I had to buy them all the way from Florida, and then they were small primer 45 acp. I have two hundred backup 45 I am hoping to have 500 loaded rounds once I get my brass. I can't even find any lead at tire shops locally, it is going so fast it is ridicules. Even if you check dies and molds many are out of stock. Hopefully the surge in reloading will encourage smaller gun shops to carry supplies, though they will be more expensive.

What state are you from? I'll check the local reloading shop next Wednesday, if you like.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

WalkingWolf

What state are you from? I'll check the local reloading shop next Wednesday, if you like.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

North Carolina. I have 300 coming from Florida, with the 200 I already have will give me 500. Thanks I appreciate the offer.

eye95

I was under the impression that wal mart ad said thanks but no thanks to the VP.

At any rate I sent them an email today.

Yeah, it is amazing how much trouble Wal-Mart is getting into not because they did anything, but because someone might have asked them to do something.

and to which they said NO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

eye95

This will probably be debunked just like the unsupported assertion that they were working with the WH against the NRA.

We can't get ammo at the Exchange either. The cupboards are getting bare. The most popular calibers are almost all gone. All that is left the the crappy stuff.

F350

This will probably be debunked just like the unsupported assertion that they were working with the WH against the NRA.

We can't get ammo at the Exchange either. The cupboards are getting bare. The most popular calibers are almost all gone. All that is left the the crappy stuff.

Maybe y'all should come out west, we have a LGS that has at least 2 dozen cases of every popular caliber pistol stacked on the floor and most rifle ammo as well (just not dozens of cases).

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
33193455.jpg

Best post.

Mercy

Maybe y'all should come out west, we have a LGS that has at least 2 dozen cases of every popular caliber pistol stacked on the floor and most rifle ammo as well (just not dozens of cases).

Heh. I'd have to go east to get there, and the local shops we've checked (large & small alike) are sold out of most calibers.

Frustrating, especially when all I wanted was some .22 for plinking.