• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

James Yeager-Open Carry is Stupid - Part 3 - Starbucks.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Hey, it's another guy with the word "tactical" in the title of his blog/podcast whose opinion I (therefore) do not care about.

ETA: Whatta surprise, he's also a former LEO.

:rolleyes:

I said this in response to similar fools:

I really don't care about the opinion of some guy with the word "tactical" in his "podcast" or blog. Most of those folks have too large a stiffy for law enforcement to be genuinely pro-rights, as is revealed by how they squirm the first time anybody acts outside their comfort zone. (What a surprise: I just checked, and both of those "practicaltactical" dudes are current or former LEO. Their opinions: worthless.)

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

Yeager, Piers Morgan, Limbaugh, Hannity, Feinstein...

I am not inclined to waste precious time listening to the opinions of someone just because they managed to garner a spotlight rather than having something intelligent to say.

EMNofSeattle

Yeager, Piers Morgan, Limbaugh, Hannity, Feinstein...

I am not inclined to waste precious time listening to the opinions of someone just because they managed to garner a spotlight rather than having something intelligent to say.

and all but one of those people worked their way to their position, so obviously someone cares what they think.... this sounds more like jealousy of successful people....

PistolPackingMomma

and all but one of those people worked their way to their position, so obviously someone cares what they think.... this sounds more like jealousy of successful people....

Jealousy? :rolleyes:

Yeah, sure. I'm "jealous" of the success they've acquired by doing other people's thinking for them. :lol: God knows the only ones who deserve our respect are the ones spouting easily memorized soundbites for engaging debate into complex issues! You've found my Achilles heel, Eric. I secretly aspire, as an Anarchist, to have just such a podium so I may influence the atrophying minds of others to think exactly as I do. It has never been a hope of mine to encourage people to develop critical thinking skills so they may decide things for themselves!

Whew. Feels good to have THAT one off my chest. :lol: The shroud is off, become a disciple of PistolPackingMomma!!!

EMNofSeattle

Jealousy? :rolleyes:

Yeah, sure. I'm "jealous" of the success they've acquired by doing other people's thinking for them. :lol: God knows the only ones who deserve our respect are the ones spouting easily memorized soundbites for engaging debate into complex issues! You've found my Achilles heel, Eric. I secretly aspire, as an Anarchist, to have just such a podium so I may influence the atrophying minds of others to think exactly as I do. It has never been a hope of mine to encourage people to develop critical thinking skills so they may decide things for themselves!

Whew. Feels good to have THAT one off my chest. :lol: The shroud is off, become a disciple of PistolPackingMomma!!!

Sure I'd join.... but after the catholics I have no money left :uhoh:

Besides I listen to Rush all the time, I don't even agree with half the things he says, but to claim he has nothing intelligent to say is quite incorrect. same with Yeager... I enjoy Yeagers videos...

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

One of the many wonderful things about being a PPM disciple, is that I will not demand portions of your property to sustain my position. We also have cookies!

Besides I listen to Rush all the time, I don't even agree with half the things he says, but to claim he has nothing intelligent to say is quite incorrect. same with Yeager... I enjoy Yeagers videos...

I'm not at all surprised you listen to Rush and like Yeager. And I did not claim that Rush had nothing intelligent to say. Pigs and acorns, as the saying goes. However, listening to someone because they have made themselves a career out of controversy and poking other groups with sticks does not automatically constitute an individual who is blessed with intellect.

davidmcbeth

Banned

The problem I have with Rush is that his show could be five minutes long but he goes on and on and on about the same thing for 2 hrs. Not that I agree with everything he says. I really don't listen to him too often, when driving about mainly.

Logan 5

I dunno. Half the time I think James is just flapping his lips to see if his tongue still works. But this time I think he's fairly accurate.

I don't see this group as being the problem, but too many people are OCing just to make a statement. What? That they have rights? OC for a reason, yes. But is making a statement a good reason? Look at what happened with Starbucks. I have pics gleened from the 'net showing people not just carrying, but brandishing RIFLES AND SHOTGUNS INSIDE Starbucks, grinning like they just beat the Grinch. WTF? What'd they do? Jizz in their pants or something? Because it's their right!" WHAT RIGHT? Many of the OCers I personally know only started doing it after it became the "thing to do" for attention and praise. Guys, very very few were doing this in the days of yore when doing so would get you arrested & convicted. But now...? Now I compare it to what Mark Twain was saying about the fair weather patriot.

And some of the folks that do it just for attention and praise come here. I see it when they're too illiterate to understand that Starbucks didn't ban guns, and they spout off the anger and vile comments saying their gonna go elsewhere.

I'm all for the 2nd A. I'm all for the RKBA. And I'm all for both open carry AND concealed carry. But I firmly support common sense as well. And looking how some of you responded...it's a reason why I don't come here very often. As I said, some of you are too unstable to safely use (or even possess) a firearm, and there are those here that really come from the anti-gun community. That's sad.

WalkingWolf

I OC to make a statement! "I am not a victim!" Don't like it~~"Bugger off".

Runaway is a idiot with a big mouth. People can OC for any reason they wish, including making a statement.

Bernymac

One of the many wonderful things about being a PPM disciple, is that I will not demand portions of your property to sustain my position. We also have cookies!

I'm not at all surprised you listen to Rush and like Yeager. And I did not claim that Rush had nothing intelligent to say. Pigs and acorns, as the saying goes. However, listening to someone because they have made themselves a career out of controversy and poking other groups with sticks does not automatically constitute an individual who is blessed with intellect.

You had me at "cookies"!

eye95

I OC to make a statement! "I am not a victim!" Don't like it~~"Bugger off".

Runaway is a idiot with a big mouth. People can OC for any reason they wish, including making a statement.

OC makes another statement when we act normally: "The mere presence of a gun should be of little concern--especially if you know it is there and can observe the carrier."

One of the reasons I OC is to normalize the sight of a gun. The conceal and license movement had (either as a goal or as a side effect) the result that the sight of a gun became quite out of the ordinary. Carriers got suckered into the license and hide paradigm. We need to get out of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>