• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

West Sound OC report

Lante

For those of us on the Kitsap and Olympic peninsulas

We are pretty OC friendly over here. Let hear all the good experiences...and any negitive one too.

Lante

Goid time in Poulsbo art galleries.

Yesterday was taking a non gun (not anti) friend around Poulsbo, particularly the art galleries. My friend was apprehensive believing there would be lots of negative reactions to OC.

One comment from a teen with parents of "look at that its so cool" parents looked and kept going.
No issues in anywhere else even in the high end (and very good) gallery near the Marine sciene center. Where I must admit I figured if there was going to be a negitive reaction it would be there.

On a slightly less positive note the "No guns" signs are still up at Kitaap county parks and while rhe code has been changwd the signs have not and a letter and call to the county commissioners have gone unanswered.

Ajetpilot

It's all good...

I have never had a bad experience on the peninsula. Most people don't even notice; those that do have no comment. I've never been asked to leave anywhere. The most I've ever been questioned was while having dinner at Anthony's in Gig Harbor three years ago, and that turned out well. Read about it here: http://tinyurl.com/284gkjs .

In the last few days, I've been to Albertsons Gig Harbor, the liquor store on Borgan Ave. GH, Home Depot GH, Shari's Port Orchard, Lowes PO, Gentleman Jim's Barbershop Purdy, etc. Never a problem at any of these places.

xxx.jakk.xxx

Sweet. Usually I post up in the South Sound OC report, now I can post up here.

Just so everyone knows, Seattle Goodwill, holds an unposted "No Guns" policy, so you may be approached by a loss prevention guy in Silverdale, Bremerton or Port Orchard goodwill and asked to leave. Also, the Silverdale mall has a "No Guns" policy posted at every entrance on a small piece of framed printer paper.

Other than those 2 businesses, I have yet to have any real problems in Kitsap. A few people give me funny looks, but usually it's no looks or questions asking if they made a law making it legal. I was even at an Albertsons in Port Orchard the other day with a Sheriffs car parked in front, I walked by and didn't have any contact at all, so I think we're a good place to OC.

Ajetpilot

Olalla Transfer Station (what used to be the dump). Nothing exciting today.

A couple of weeks ago, a guy recognized and commented on my Kimber.

A year ago, a guy scowled at me, but two weeks later he was with a buddy, and he decided to approach me. From their demeanor and appearance, I assume they were LE. We had a nice chat, I gave them some pamphlets, and we parted on good terms.

Interesting people you meet at the dump.

xxx.jakk.xxx

Went off to Safeway in Port Orchard

Met with a very Crafty but Kind man. He attempted to fool me by tactfully approaching me without me catching sight of his firearm, but I being a skillful master of observation had noticed it right away... Not really though, I just happened to be looking for him and saw him right before he caught me off guard and lured me into defending my OC while he himself was OCing. Lol
Thanks for the Pamphlets Trigger Dr.

3/325

Albertsons in Kingston, late evening. A male customer (mid 50s) remarked "that's a strange looking cell phone." From the look on his face, he wasn't trying to be funny or cordial. I pretended he was, and smiled as if I "got the joke."

Haircut place (I forget the name) across from Walmart in Poulsbo. A male customer (early 20s) asked some questions about it. Very pleasant, no trouble from him or the staff.

That's all I got.

I want to hear stories from Bainbridge Island.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Parks

On a slightly less positive note the "No guns" signs are still up at Kitaap county parks and while rhe code has been changwd the signs have not and a letter and call to the county commissioners have gone unanswered.
We had a similar situation in Lacey, like a lot of cities with little extra money it will take time to get the signs changed. Our Parks and Rec director called the police dept and told them not to enforce the signs and leave lawful OC'ers alone.

xxx.jakk.xxx

Been to Chase Bank by South Park quite a lot without any problems. Have yet to go to Chase in Fred Meyers, though Fred Meyers is very friendly.

xxx.jakk.xxx

Port Orchard
Walmart
Went there to get my friend some shells so we could go out shooting. Grabbed some targets and a "Winchester Portable Target Holder" that was gone after about 4 shots. 4th shot from my XDm went low and left and hit the arm of the holder and destroyed the thing. It would be an amazing shot... if I hadn't been aiming for the center of the target. My aim will get better with more practice. Lol. Oh yeah, no happenings at Walmart

Big 5
Grabbed a Bore-Snake so my friend could clean his shotgun. Again, no happenings.

Mile Hill Subway
Got me a delicious $5 Footlong Cold Cut, the woman making my sandwich did awesome. The guy behind me in line didn't look happy about seeing me wearing my drop leg. I could see his reflection in the sneeze-guard thingy and he kept staring at my leg and looked angry.

Ajetpilot

Port Orchard
Mile Hill Subway
Got me a delicious $5 Footlong Cold Cut, the woman making my sandwich did awesome. The guy behind me in line didn't look happy about seeing me wearing my drop leg. I could see his reflection in the sneeze-guard thingy and he kept staring at my leg and looked angry.

Poor hoplophobe. You probably ruined his lunch. On the other hand, look at the story he has to tell to his hoplophobe buddies. He needs to move back to California, or at least off the peninsula.

xxx.jakk.xxx

Poor hoplophobe. You probably ruined his lunch. On the other hand, look at the story he has to tell to his hoplophobe buddies. He needs to move back to California, or at least off the peninsula.

Yeah. Hoplophobes don't really fit in over here on the Peninsula. I have only seen a few who seemed to be bothered by my gun, whether it's in a noticeable or not so noticeable holster, and I've been OCing for almost a year now.

jeeper1

I was out and about today on my newest mobility scooter in Sequim.
I OCed in Walmart, Brians Sporting goods (new business that just opened) and Good Will.
I CCed (zipped jacket part way up over my XP40 in a Serpa holster) in Costco (had to get a new card to replace the one I misplaced).

xxx.jakk.xxx

I was out and about today on my newest mobility scooter in Sequim.
I OCed in Walmart, Brians Sporting goods (new business that just opened) and Good Will.
I CCed (zipped jacket part way up over my XP40 in a Serpa holster) in Costco (had to get a new card to replace the one I misplaced).

Awesome. It seems like Tacoma Goodwill (The company who run the Sequim Goodwill) may not be as Anti-Gun as their Seattle sister company.

tony d tiger

1-3 OCT @ Ft Flagler SP

OC'd in and around the SP & Port Hadlock - the Friends of Fort Flagler had a very nice open house at the renovated hospital building; the park manager and another ranger were there, along with many other people.
I had a nice plate of smoked salmon, fresh fruits, cheese & bread - and a taste of a nice shiraz... very nice park, if you haven't been.