• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Barrett says he sides with law enforcement, Walker supports legalizing concealed weap

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,

grinner

Public safety issue? How am I safer if I'm not carrying a gun?

Democratic gubernatorial candidate Tom Barrett says he won't support legalizing concealed weapons in Wisconsin unless the law enforcement community changes its position and gets behind the idea.

Not supporting CCW until Law Enforcement supports it? WHAT? Apparently we've delegated the determination of our rights to Law Enforcement?!? So Barrett wants WI to be a Police State. Only whatever rights the Police want us to have, we shall have.

Last edited:

Captain Nemo

Barrett is smooooth. He says if he did agree to concealed carry it would be with strict regulation. He would not allow it in shopping malls and little league games. That statement alone will endear him to hundreds of moms.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
Stoll this from another thread

Thought this summed it up quite nicely...
Somebody should make this...

It starts with the police statement news footage of the incident where Barrett is attacked.

Then it goes to the news footage talking about what happened and his injuries.

Then an "announcer" says, "So after all of this....What is Tom Barrett's position on your ability to defend yourself?" Then his(Barrett's own words), "I just don't see the need in Wisconsin."

The announcer, "Tom Barrett, believes EVERYBODY in Wisconsin deserves a beating with a tire iron!"

:lol:

protias

Is anyone here ever remotely considering Barrett? Seriously?
Well Hell freezes over!

hell-michigan.JPG

Oh shi....!

oak1971

Walker or bust. I hate Neumann for draining Walker's cash trying to fight him for the nomination. I think Walker has played too nice for too long. Need some outside groups to savage Barret and expose him for the loony liberal that he is.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
Walker or bust. I hate Neumann for draining Walker's cash trying to fight him for the nomination. I think Walker has played too nice for too long. Need some outside groups to savage Barret and expose him for the loony liberal that he is.

Lets look at the population pockets of the liberal who will vote for him, Milwaukee, Madison, any other "College Town" and the Native American reservations.
I expect a very low turn out from the people who typically vote democrat since this is only a midterm. See that's where we will come out on top, the lesser intelligence democratic voters think this election is not important because it is not for the presidency.
I hope the democrats lose control of both the house and senate this fall, Maybe we will be able to get this country back on the correct track and out of the toilet once we remove the "Yes-men" from office.

detroit_fan

All the polls that I have seen show Walker ahead, so hopefully you guys won't get stuck with Barrett. What a draconian view on concealed carry, can he present any examples of a state passing shall issue and it causing problems? The only public safety issue is the criminals being armed and the law abiding citizens of Wisconsin being denied the right to self defense. 17 more days, I can't wait!

bluehighways

Lets look at the population pockets of the liberal who will vote for him, Milwaukee, Madison, any other "College Town" and the Native American reservations.
I expect a very low turn out from the people who typically vote democrat since this is only a midterm. See that's where we will come out on top, the lesser intelligence democratic voters think this election is not important because it is not for the presidency.
I hope the democrats lose control of both the house and senate this fall, Maybe we will be able to get this country back on the correct track and out of the toilet once we remove the "Yes-men" from office.

I sure as hell hope you're correct. My wife and I drove up north today and saw Walker / Ron Johnson signs in farmers' fields, but also saw a LOT of Barrett signs along the way. It seems there are quite a few liberal idiots up north, and away from the indian reservations. This baffles me, because almost all of these people are gun owners living in the sticks. Apparently they don't want their constitutional rights, or maybe they're just painfully ignorant to how dangerous Tom Barrett would be as governor.

Last edited:

johnny amish

maybe they're just painfully ignorant to how dangerous Tom Barrett would be as governor.

You hit the nail on the head there. My fear is most people don't understand what a gift the ability to vote is. People are willing to risk their lives to vote in other countries, here it comes free of charge, no risk. Far to many people take that gift for granted and put no effort into finding out what these canidates stand for. Also I think most people don't realize the very foundation of this country is the constitution. To many people want to govern with their emotions, or they vote for the canidate that promisses them the most gifts from the public treasury.

Last edited:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
More from Angelo Codevilla 'The Character of Nations', "Law and Locality" on voting

"The Christian and classical traditions agree that the good man, the whole man must fulfill responsibilities to the community -- and that the highest form of responsibility with the community is ruling and being ruled in turn.[sup]3[/sup] Modern states recognize this vestigially: Although they typically confer the status of "citizen" to all nonalien natives, none allows children or the insane to vote, because they obviously cannot fulfill any responsibilities. But what responsibilities must the real citizen be able and willing to fulfill? In classical times, military service was the essence of citizenship. Service on juries and in committees to relieve disasters have been common qualifications, as has the ownership of property. Most modern states, however, have removed all these, including (for natives) the capacity to read and to understand. Whereas citizenship once required that the citizen be able to exercise independent judgement, that he not be merely the tool of others, modern states don't care about that. The bargain is straight forward: Stay out of jail, and you may vote. In some American states, even imprisoned felons may vote. But a citizenship that asks little means little" (Locations 2740 - 2754) [sup]3[/sup] Aristotle. Politics ..."

Last edited:

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
I sure as hell hope you're correct. My wife and I drove up north today and saw Walker / Ron Johnson signs in farmers' fields, but also saw a LOT of Barrett signs along the way. It seems there are quite a few liberal idiots up north, and away from the Indian reservations. This baffles me, because almost all of these people are gun owners living in the sticks. Apparently they don't want their constitutional rights, or maybe they're just painfully ignorant to how dangerous Tom Barrett would be as governor.

You got to remember, several people up here have relocated from liberal strongholds such as Chicago and other urban hellholes. That's probably why you saw the barrett signs.
I can always tell the new transplants in the area, they tend to drive little hybrids with obama decals on them, and other vehicles that will quickly be found useless when the snow flies. Some of the liberal yuppies will buy a little subaru with 4WD and think that will get them through the roads in the winter.

My friends tend to drive 3/4ton 4WD trucks with some sort of conservative decorations on them and their huunting dog sitting in the front seat with the wife and kids sitting in back.