• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Krista Burns Candidate for State Representative Given NRA Rating of 'B'

kburns

I'm Krista Burns, running for State Representative in one of Milwaukee's traditionally liberal Districts (UWM area south to Bay View). I'm proud to say that I am a supporter of open carry, and have been given an NRA rating of 'B'. To some that may seem insufficient, but when you consider that my opponent has consistently received a grade of D- to F. I am the second amendment candidate.

If you are a hunter, enjoy gun sports, or are concerned with protecting yourself, family and property and live in the Milwaukee area, please let your friends know that they will have an advocate in Madison if I am elected.

Thanks.

KansasMustang

Not a Wisconsin resident,,,

However I am a Veteran and a concerned member of this forum. In my humble opinion if it were me I would ask you what your exact stand on the 2nd Amendment is? My personal stand is, anywhere, anytime, and in any manner I see fit. "The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED". That's as simple as the English language gets as far as I can tell. So if you were my candidate and you didn't support that, then you wouldn't get my vote. Or,,you and I would be having some heartfelt discourse on the subject, and if you failed to support and defend the constitution you would have to find another line of work. Just me sayin' it.

fjpro2a

NJ resident weighing in

Krista Burns supports most of the right things. She is the 2nd Amendment candidate, supports open carry, and believes in personal protection. Although it would have been nice for her to explain more (concealed carry, castle law, etc.,) getting a B rating from the NRA should not be held against her. I am getting increasingly irritated by some of the NRA endorsements this year as well as some of the positions the NRA is taking. I am a lifetime member who constantly considers revoking my NRA membership, Support Karen Burns. It is good to "win" large and small victories. Consider her opponent, for heaven's sake.

TFred

So, an the face of it, you would vote for an NRA-D over an NRA-F or an NRA-C- over an NRA-D? Remember that Bush-41 was the lesser of two weevils and set us on the road that we are now traveling.
Until and unless there is a viable third candidate, one's refusal to vote for the lesser of two evils usually ensures that the greater of the two will be the winner.

The NRA is a one-issue organization. The act of voting is not.

TFred

KansasMustang

Third party candidates is not really the issue. A third party is. Of course anytime you run a third party ticket we always wind up getting the greater of two evils. Vote rePUBican, and get Progressive light,,,

eye95

The question to ask is why a B? There are actions that the candidate could've taken that would cause the NRA to lower her rating with which many of us would have no problem. Then NRA's positions are not perfectly in line many of ours on the 2A.

The stand on not voting for the lesser of two evils seems to me to be a ploy of elevating oneself above the fray. Get in there and do something that helps. If it means voting for a candidate who is not in perfect line with you to keep a candidate out who is 180 degrees opposed to you, then so be it.

The perfect is the enemy of the good--and gives us our present government. Thanks.