• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We need to get our terminology straight- its HUMAN rights, not GUN rights

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
We've been duped into using the terminology by the forces of darkness- its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights we're fighting for. Guns have no rights, humans have the right of self preservation. It's about our inalienable rights- life, liberty and happiness. Life demands the means to sustain it. Just was we demand safe drinking water, we demand the ability to defend ourselves against those who would deny us our inalienable right to LIFE.

So, its the restoration of our HUMAN rights we seek.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

...So, its the restoration of our HUMAN rights we seek.
You are correct. However human rights include rights that some gun rights activists would disparage, thus blunting and splintering this rights advocacy community. Divide and conquer. United we stand, divided we fall. Compromise is failure on the installment plan particularly in opposition to ignorance.

Gil223

We've been duped into using the terminology by the forces of darkness- its not GUN rights, its HUMAN rights we're fighting for. Guns have no rights, humans have the right of self preservation. It's about our inalienable rights- life, liberty and happiness. Life demands the means to sustain it. Just was we demand safe drinking water, we demand the ability to defend ourselves against those who would deny us our inalienable right to LIFE.

So, its the restoration of our HUMAN rights we seek.

Personally, I put "human rights" in the same category as pacifism. They are both excellent concepts - in the philosophical sense - but they are both a bit too idealistic. In order for either to work, everybody (globally speaking) has to "get on-board". If there is one individual "bully" left in your neighborhood, somebody will be given a "bloody nose" (which is [ostensibly] the reason we have laws - to protect those who are less capable of self-protection). Similarly, if there's one geographical bully left - and there's always a bully somewhere - some lesser nation will be dragged unwillingly into armed conflict (this is one of the spurious reasons given for the formation of the "League of Nations", which we know today as the toothless tiger called the UN). Greed is what truly "makes the world go 'round". Pax... :)

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

snip... the reason we have laws - to protect those who are less capable of self-protection).

I thought laws were to punish violators, not protect those less able or inclined. If that were the case, wouldn't that be a Nanny state of sorts?

Gil223

I thought laws were to punish violators, not protect those less able or inclined. If that were the case, wouldn't that be a Nanny state of sorts?

I didn't manufacture the reasoning behind laws, I simply stated it. Laws are not so much designed to punish violators, but rather, establish the rules that define criminally - and civilly - actionable behaviors (probably in the hope that most people would avoid such behaviors if they were aware of them). As an added benefit, most of today's criminal laws specify the minimum and maximum permissible times for "rehabilitation". If not to protect the weak from the more powerful, wouldn't that result in tyranny by the more powerful? Oh, wait... that's our current administration's desire! ;) Pax...

09jisaac

the reason we have laws - to protect those who are less capable of self-protection

The reason we have SOME laws is to protect those less capable of self-protection, the reason we have MOST laws are totally other reasons. Such as putting smaller, less funded, businesses out of business, such as distilling laws or weapon manufacturing laws, or other laws to "protect" those that don't need or want "protection" such as with Obama-care.

But laws are meant to protect those in need of protection.

Side note: What is "Pax"? I notice you end most (if not all) of your posts with that word. Is it a kiss of peace or does it have another meaning to you?

Gil223

The reason we have SOME laws is to protect those less capable of self-protection, the reason we have MOST laws are totally other reasons. Such as putting smaller, less funded, businesses out of business, such as distilling laws or weapon manufacturing laws, or other laws to "protect" those that don't need or want "protection" such as with Obama-care.

But laws are meant to protect those in need of protection.

Side note: What is "Pax"? I notice you end most (if not all) of your posts with that word. Is it a kiss of peace or does it have another meaning to you?

I find nothing to disagree with in your post, 09. Yes, "pax" is Latin for "peace. Pax... ;)

scott58dh

Humans, Guns, & Rights of the People

Human Rights vs. Civil Rights, "Our Bill of Rights was created out of a need to address the concern among the States that the Constitution did not fully “prevent misconstruction or abuse of it’s powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added”…by Dennis Jackson
:arrow:;http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?id=1806

"While gun control proponents and other advocates of a kinder, gentler society incessantly decry our "armed society," in truth we do not live in an armed society. We live in a society in which violent criminals and agents of the state habitually carry weapons, and in which many law-abiding citizens own firearms but do not go about armed. Department of Justice statistics indicate that 87 percent of all violent crimes occur outside the home. Essentially, although tens of millions own firearms, we are an unarmed society." A NATION OF COWARDS by, Jeffrey R. Snyder,,,,:arrow:http://jim.com/cowards.htm

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil: which some reaching after have been led astray from the faith, and have pierced themselves through with many sorrows." ASV
"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." ASV

"God, Guts & Guns Made America Free and We'll Fight To Keep All Three." NRA, John G. Mitchell, 1978,,:arrow:;http://www.americanheritage.com/content/“god-guns-guts-made-america-free”

Hopefully I am able to get my point clearly understood, which is that this country has lost it's moral and ethical direction, after the cultural revolution of the 60's, and has become totally self serving and just wanting "what *I* deserve".

When the time comes that WE as a society begin to realize that the end doesn't justify the means, *you mind your business & I'll mind mine*, then WE will be further ahead in the battle of a life time, to Defend our Constitution and BOR by hopefully spreading the news that there is a chance for a real change to put somebody in the Presidential Office that will be able to appoint PRO-Constitutional Justices, with the help of a Republican Majority House & Senate.

No, he is not perfect, but he's a major improvement over the Anti-American, non-flag saluting, foreign heads of state ring kissing ,flip-flopping disgrace to the Great US of A that's in there now.

Mr. Romney is our best shot for a secure National Defense & Constitutional RKBA proactive, Pro-Traditional Family President.

Peace & RKBA Forever :cool:

Last edited: