• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KC Side Decembber OC Meet 12/8

HighFlyingA380

Hi ya'll! I missed the last one due to deer season, and December will [most likely] be my last one one this side. (Graduating UCM on Dec. 15th! :banana:) I'd really like to get one last good meeting in before I head to the dark side, so I figured I'd get the ball rolling. What say ye!?

Update:
Saturday, December 8th, @ 5:00pm

4:00 pre-meeting meet @ Starbucks for the media
89th & Metcalf
8801 Metcalf
Overland Park, KS 662122074
United States
913-642-2588

Last edited by a moderator:

SixGunCowboy

Hi ya'll! I missed the last one due to deer season, and December will [most likely] be my last one one this side. (Graduating UCM on Dec. 15th! :banana:) I'd really like to get one last good meeting in before I head to the dark side, so I figured I'd get the ball rolling. What say ye!?

I'm game. What about December 1st? I have that evening free.. But where?

mspgunner

Did you get over your pouting? A couple of weeks ago you stated that you were done with this forum and were demanding that your profile be deleted.

If he is back, welcome him, we need all the help we can get!
I fully intend to head over to the KC side for one of the meet ups!

Unfortunate, Dec. 1st does not work for me.

We can make it happen, yes we can!

If he is back, welcome him, we need all the help we can get!

But we don't need the posting of think so and false information as law and then getting all pissy when challenged.

HighFlyingA380

Seems like the 1st won't work for most. Let's make it the 8th @ 5:00pm; Second Saturday as usual. Hopefully that might fit into your plans. I'll be joining ya'll on the dark side soon!

The 8th is better for me also. Overland Park? :) I just OC'd there last weekend. No problems! Just watch the city council news...
I'm up for that. I've been watching some videos on OP OC on YouTube, and they seem to favor the anti-OC folks. What say you (and everybody else) on us using this meeting to contact some press and balance it out a bit?

Last edited:

mspgunner

Seems like the 1st won't work for most. Let's make it the 8th @ 5:00pm; Second Saturday as usual. Hopefully that might fit into your plans. I'll be joining ya'll on the dark side soon!

I'm up for that. I've been watching some videos on OP OC on YouTube, and they seem to favor the anti-OC folks. What say you (and everybody else) on us using this meeting to contact some press and balance it out a bit?

We have a STL out to breakfast/luch @ 10:00 AM on the 9th, my fault I posted it. The second Sat. in Jan. the 12th is the MSSA BOD meeting, I'm on the BOD. That might actually work (The BOD meeting in Columbia usually ends by 1 or 2:00) since I'll already be darn near half way across the State. If it isn't snowing, that just might work out. I'll need the place and time. Also if one of 'ya all could ****PM me an email address/cell number**** because I have no idea where the heck your meeting places are. I don't want to be clear over on the west side and not be able to find the darn place!

Mr.40

I went to the last city council meeting in OP and a pic of me was in the paper and was also shown on the news. I got a message the other day from kcstar reporter wanting to interviewe and take some pictures of me OC'ing in OP. I'm going to call him and set up a time this weekend or week.

HighFlyingA380

We have decided to do an earlier, preliminary meet at Starbucks for the media. This will allow it to be outside and still light out, as most places won't want them to film inside. Also, those of you who don't want to be in it can opt-out while not missing the meeting. The Starbucks meeting is still in the works with media, but we're planning on 4:00.
89th & Metcalf
8801 Metcalf
Overland Park, KS 662122074
United States
913-642-2588

We're still looking for a restaurant for the dinner, and need suggestions. So far of what I looked at, there's Panera, Jose Pepper's, Wok n Roll Express, Mr. Gyros Greek Food... Keep in mind, I'm just going off of UrbanSpoon for what's close to Starbucks and what's cheap. Let's get some participation going; That's the only way it'll work! :lol: