• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wayne Co Sheriff's Dept Defines "Disorderly Conduct"

DanM

Last edited:

Ezerharden

Yea no bias in that article... NOT.I love the fact that they (the police) kept "advising" people not to sell guns to us but go to the buy back program instead. Seems they were implying that it was illegal to sell to us.

ghostrider

Wonder which one of theses he's guilty of.

750.167 “Disorderly person” defined; subsequent violations by person convicted of refusing or neglecting to support family.
Sec. 167.

(1) A person is a disorderly person if the person is any of the following:

(a) A person of sufficient ability who refuses or neglects to support his or her family.

(b) A common prostitute.

(c) A window peeper.

(d) A person who engages in an illegal occupation or business.

(e) A person who is intoxicated in a public place and who is either endangering directly the safety of another person or of property or is acting in a manner that causes a public disturbance.

(f) A person who is engaged in indecent or obscene conduct in a public place.

(g) A vagrant.

(h) A person found begging in a public place.

(i) A person found loitering in a house of ill fame or prostitution or place where prostitution or lewdness is practiced, encouraged, or allowed.

(j) A person who knowingly loiters in or about a place where an illegal occupation or business is being conducted.

(k) A person who loiters in or about a police station, police headquarters building, county jail, hospital, court building, or other public building or place for the purpose of soliciting employment of legal services or the services of sureties upon criminal recognizances.

(l) A person who is found jostling or roughly crowding people unnecessarily in a public place.

(2) When a person, who has been convicted of refusing or neglecting to support his or her family under this section, is then charged with subsequent violations within a period of 2 years, that person shall be prosecuted as a second offender, or third and subsequent offender, as provided in section 168, if the family of that person is then receiving public relief or support.

FreeInAZ

Not trying to be cruel here but for God's sake! The Sheriff's need to up their physical fitness standards in addition to their mental fitness standards. Let's say the OCer was a "real" bad guy - all he'd have to do is run a hundred feet &.there would be a bunch of deputies dropping like flies from heart attacks! :rolleyes:

FreeInAZ

Any updates? I hope many of the marchers filed IA complaints with the sheriff dept. over the deputies actions that were there. The video clearly shows their conduct to be questionable at best.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
he doesn't even know if they filed the charge or not yet. he has made preliminary contact with jim makowski [FONT=proxima-nova, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, franklin-gothic-urw-cond](sean combs' attorney). jim is looking into it for him and will determine what, if any action is to be taken. that's all for now.[/FONT]

FreeInAZ

Thanks for the update Dan. I hope someone at the sheriff's talked some sense into that deputy. If they're the cream of the crop in Wayne Co. LE....God save you all! :eek: