• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bikers??? How many actual bikers are on here?

CalicoJack10

I noticed that there are a lot of people on here with motorcycle related names or stories. So I am wondering how many bikers we actually have from Wisconsin in here. I know I ride a lot, and I am sure that there are others. Who are you, what do you ride, how long, whatever...................

CIMG0141a.jpg

DSC00121.jpg

Vandil

I have had on 03 Katana (Kan-o-tuna) for about 4yrs now. Traded an old Springfield SAR-8 pinner for it. Commuter bike for me, gets about 55mpg compared to my GT which gets about 15 with the way I drive it. Not SQUID worthy but it's a comfortable ride with decent mileage and pep.

Reminds me I need new tires this season.:uhoh:

turbojohn41

04 ultra

Heres mine I rode it to the Baraboo picnic.

Attachments

• new ultra2.jpg
    new ultra2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

Cobbersmom

Here's my VStar 650. Also have a TW200 for riding our logging roads in Vilas County AND (to keep this gun related) I carry my gun in my backpack. Also have a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 for sale!

Attachments

• 149672_1516289754259_1444924657_31350492_109805_n.jpg
    149672_1516289754259_1444924657_31350492_109805_n.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 259

metalman383

06 fz1. And waiting in reserve I have an 09 V-Rod. For some strange reason my Harley dad and his friends, seem embarrassed when I take the Yamaha on their group rides.

M

McX

1979 Suzuki GS850 full dress. never went much for harleys, no crotch rockets- not into bikes i have to hump to ride, i prefer to sit upright behind my windshield, with my shaft drive, just tooling along, seeing the sights at 50 mph or less. collector plated it, so i dont have to mess with renewals anymore. used it some last summer, with gas going up will have to use it more this summer. had this bike for 25 years now.

kawisixer01

I've rode on the street for 12 years now, a little dirt previously. Mostly sport bikes or "rockets" to the ill informed. I've done some track riding and stunt riding. Never really got hurt or crashed on a sportbike. I bought a brand new Harley night rod special a couple years ago and nearly got killed after I got ran over a month into owning it in a hit and run. Spent over a week in intensive care, the first two days on life support. Ended up with three plates holding my skull /face back together, a sick amount of road rash, and an arm that didn't work at all for about four months due to damaged nerves (brachial plexus). I still ride, I put the night rod back together and also have a kawasaki zx-10r thats pretty tricked out with track specific parts. I pretty much always wore protective gear but the night I got hit was one of those relaxed not going anywhere nights and didn't. Now I don't even ride around the block without full protective gear.

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
I crashed my 04 V-rod in October (Slimy Crud Run - was actually a beatuiful day). The property owner said a couple bikes go off at that particular corner every year during the SCR. I was the second of that particular day. I got off lucky with only a totaled bike and severely sprained ankle.

My new ride is an 11 V-rod Muscle which I only drove a couple miles before I bought it, and the snow came...

I also have a 73 Honda CL350 that needs a lot of love.

I hope they repeal the transport law soon so I can be protected when I go for a ride.

M

McX

i'm jealous, i got no gnarly pics of me, on a gnarly bike to post, all i got is my old iron horse. i got no leathers, no tattoos, no biker boots...........i feel so left out -sniffle.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Bought my first bike (81 Yamaha Maxim in 1996 ) in 1997 I bought a Used 1994 Kawaskai Vulcan 1500 , I joined ABATE (A Brotherhood against totalitarian enactments - a State Motorcycle rights Organization ) of Wisconsin in Spring of 1997 , in the summer 1998 I bought a Brand New 1998 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 then as a Joke I submitted my name on the Ballot for a ABATE of Wisconsin Board of Directors at Large Position - I won. For 3 Years I sat on the Board of Directors, was able to Travel to SMRO ( State Motorcycle Rights Organizations ) Conferences all over the Country, I was also lucky enough to be sent to Washington DC to attend Lobby school by the American Motorcycle Association. I was one of the Board members that Voted for the purchase of Land,80 acres that is now our state Party Land.

I have attend countless Club Parties, was an original member of a local Club in Green Bay that is now the Black Pistons MC ( A subsid of the OutLaws MC ) & was an invited guest at the DC Eagles Club House for a private party. I no longer belong to the Club as my professional Business took top priority.

Ted Nugent, My Sister & Me.... the bike of my Dreams & myself on the 1998 Vulcan.

I have been out of the wind for 7 years :( But have my eye on the new 1800 Kawasaki Voyager Touring cruiser.

Last edited:

LR Yote 312

Yeah, I Ride.

First street bike was a '72 BSA 650 Lightning.
Earned a few Class Champion trophies with it down
at Great Lakes

Still got it too...along with a few others.

'68 BSA Thunderbolt
'66 Bonneville
'67 Bonneville block and then later acquired a '67 frame
also picked up a '50 factory Triumph hardtail frame.

Spent 10 years bendin wrenches for few dealers.

Daily runner is a Shovel.

LR Yote

BrewTownBagger

I've been on two wheels since I was about 8yrs old, that's when I got my first mini bike. I have raced motocross, flirted with the grim reaper on many crotch rockets, and enjoyed cruisin with the tunes cranked while on my bagger. I put about 6k miles on a year cruising this great state and country. I have been to sturgis twice, dragons tail once and Laconia once.
photo.jpg

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

A B-rotherhood A-imed T-wards E-ducation

DuKane chapter member and now Wisco.

Attachments

• DSCF0555.jpg
    DSCF0555.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

CalicoJack10

Yeah, I Ride.

First street bike was a '72 BSA 650 Lightning.
Earned a few Class Champion trophies with it down
at Great Lakes

Still got it too...along with a few others.

'68 BSA Thunderbolt
'66 Bonneville
'67 Bonneville block and then later acquired a '67 frame
also picked up a '50 factory Triumph hardtail frame.

Spent 10 years bendin wrenches for few dealers.

Daily runner is a Shovel.

LR Yote

I still have wet dreams about building a real digger with an old shovel in it. No fat tires, No fancy paint, king and queen, rigid frame, twisted spokes, and so on. But I would have to keep it within the guidelines of the original diggers, not this modified stuff that most people think is awesome now a days.

Trip20

Haven't been riding all my life like some of you guys, but it's all I do now a days as of '07. All my other hobbies have gone to the wayside. I do all my own service and mods. Right now I'm in the middle of a rear fender project. Waiting on a new wiring harness so I can mock up the wiring, build the connectors and I'll be ready to send it to paint. Can't wait to get out on the road.

Snake161

No worries metalman. I have an 06 FZ1 and a 05 Kawi ZRX1200R. Both are very comfortable, reliable and powerful. I was enamored with Harley's at first, but they really aren't anything special. A good 30-40% of a Harley's parts (depending on the model, it could be more) are made in china and other east Asian countries. I'll take my Japanese bike that is made in one place, and doesn't include any major parts made by a commie. Don't want to start fights, though! Riding is riding, and every man has his preference!