• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OpenCarry.org Has Just Announced Our Summer Sweepstakes

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
And it is 100% bigger than the last! :)

Only 73 people entered our last sweepstakes which was won by Joseph Schneider of Wisconsin. And this time, there will be 6 winners!

Come on over to http://www.opencarry.org/sweepstakes2012.html for more details or click on the banner at the top of the page.

Thanks!

John

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Alright, big money this time around!! Cmon folks, let make some donations and make sure OCDO keeps running and stays ready to fight the good fight. I'm sending my donation right now!

Sig229

Wow, this is really nice.

I will be making my donation at the end of this week. I cant donate too much since Im currently unemployed (have a job interview soon though) but I will donate what I can.

Also I was wondering, exactly how are the winners drawn randomly? Is there a program that does that for you or do you just pull a name from a bag or something?

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you so much for your generous support!!!

As for how the drawings are conducted, that is a good question. We thought long and hard about how best to do it.

Ultimately, here is the process. I had a friend of mine (she is a lawyer) observe and help with the drawing and then sign an affidavit to the process in case the question ever came up.

I listed each of the entrants on a sheet of paper and numbered them. She then used a random number generator of her choice to choose a number between 1 and the total number of entrants and I matched the number she generated to the list.

For the upcoming drawing, I hope to video the entire drawing and post it here.

John

Wow, this is really nice.

I will be making my donation at the end of this week. I cant donate too much since Im currently unemployed (have a job interview soon though) but I will donate what I can.

Also I was wondering, exactly how are the winners drawn randomly? Is there a program that does that for you or do you just pull a name from a bag or something?

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you so much sir! Your donation arrived right on schedule and I added you to the sweepstakes. Good luck!

I should add that last time there were only 73 entrants so the chances of winning were very reasonable (1 in 73 as it were). This time, there are 6 prizes so your chance of winning goes up 6 fold! :)

And seriously ... we really do appreciate every dollar. The ads at the top of the page and your support are the only ways that we raise funds. Unlike certain other advocacy groups (for all kinds of issues), we do not send weekly mailers or emails predicting the end of the world unless you give $20. :) Lol.

John

Alright, big money this time around!! Cmon folks, let make some donations and make sure OCDO keeps running and stays ready to fight the good fight. I'm sending my donation right now!

Sig229

We thought long and hard about how best to do it.

<SNIP>

I listed each of the entrants on a sheet of paper and numbered them. She then used a random number generator of her choice to choose a number between 1 and the total number of entrants and I matched the number she generated to the list.

That sounds like an excellent system.

For the upcoming drawing, I hope to video the entire drawing and post it here.

I think video taping it is a great idea.

Also, I was wondering why will the drawing be so late in the year(10-1-12)?

I dont think I can handle the suspense for another five months! lol

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
So when was this contest supposed to end? I can't the page to come up on my phone....Not sure why everyone is asking because I will surely be the winner! Hahaha

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Guys,

Thanks for resurrecting this thread! With the website re-tool and everything that was going on at the end of the year, I totally forgot to hold this drawing.

Over the next couple of days, I will print out the names of all who purchased coins or donated to OCDO, get a few impartial witnesses, and conduct a drawing.

I will post here the names of the 6 lucky winners and make arrangements to ship them their cards! :)

PS. Winners are encouraged to post pictures of themselves with the gift cards when they receive them and later any gear they purchase with them.

PPS. If any gear is to be found these days. :)

John

Z1P2

John,

Can we still purchase those coins, and if so, where? (regardless of whether or not doing so would enter me into the drawing)

Thanks,
Ben