• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Never hit a woman.

MamaLiberty

Most interesting and thanks for the link.
Turned out that they were trying to get the attention of my oldest daughter as all three of them had just graduated from high school and were getting ready before long to head off to college. These two kids were hoping to see her and wish her well.

Goodness sake... those boys aren't bright enough to come in out of the rain! You don't say what time of day or night it was, but that really seems like a dumb thing to do at any time. Banging on a window like that, especially at night, might get them shot around here. Why in the world wouldn't they just come to the door and act like gentlemen? sigh

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Goodness sake... those boys aren't bright enough to come in out of the rain! You don't say what time of day or night it was, but that really seems like a dumb thing to do at any time. Banging on a window like that, especially at night, might get them shot around here. Why in the world wouldn't they just come to the door and act like gentlemen? sigh

It was nighttime and I believe they had hit some of the bars in DC before stopping by. They were really good kids from good families, but they just didn't think. I had a Browning Hi-Power pointing at them before they stepped back from the window, and the bushes, and I saw who they were. We laughed about it but in retrospect, it really wasn't funny. And I did learn quite a bit from that incident.... along the lines you related.

Jack House

Exactly.
If I've decided for whatever reason that it'd be a good idea to knock you [generic reader] about a bit, I'd strongly suggest doing your best not to let that happen... Just like any other criminal trying to harm you.
(Unless you like that sort of thing. :rolleyes: )
But unlike the criminal, I'd only harm someone for self-defense.
This is such a perfect set up and is just begging for an inappropriate comment. But I'm going to be a good little poster and bite my tongue. :p

On a side note:

I once got into a fight with one of my cousins that ended with us taking a tumble through a patch of bull nettle, not a fun experience, especially since both of us seem especially susceptible to whatever is in those needles. Ended up with massive welts all over our bodies. Guess jeans ain't gonna help too much of you're rolling around in the stuff.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

el rompe toto

I once punched a chick in the face but she punched me 1st, long story short 3 girls where jumping my cousin I was trying 2 brake it up bam I get punch I swing and bam make contact end of fight

Beretta92FSLady

I once punched a chick in the face but she punched me 1st, long story short 3 girls where jumping my cousin I was trying 2 brake it up bam I get punch I swing and bam make contact end of fight

I figure if your going to go at a man you better make it quick, violent, and give everything you got to the cause, because what will follow when the man gets his head straight is a greater brute force than what most women can compete with.

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
Dad shares a story where he was told by his mother to never hit a lady. She went on to say that if she hits you first she is no lady! He was successful in his self defenses under his mother's observation.

el rompe toto

I figure if your going to go at a man you better make it quick, violent, and give everything you got to the cause, because what will follow when the man gets his head straight is a greater brute force than what most women can compete with.

She hit me good 2 I remember my chin hurt a lil the next day

Brimstone Baritone

For me, "Never hit a lady" turned into "Never throw the first punch". Then I added the corollary "Always land the first punch (and the last one, if you can help it)".

Even that rule eventually had to be amended to "Never say Never." :)

Deanimator

Never hit a woman...

unless you're a cop and she won't serve you any more liquor because you're already drunk:

[video=youtube;49kgG0s7lVk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49kgG0s7lVk[/video]

Jack House

unless you're a cop and she won't serve you any more liquor because you're already drunk:

[video=youtube;49kgG0s7lVk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49kgG0s7lVk[/video]
Ohhhh nice reference!

Deanimator

Ohhhh nice reference!

Chicago cops are always whining about the video being shown "too much"... so I link or refer to it as often as possible.

In fact, I think there ought to be a copy of it on the next unmanned spacecraft scheduled to leave the solar system... :D

since9

Campaign Veteran
Oh, Chicago!

EVERYTHING associated with that town wreaks, beginning with our President. It's history of corruption and abuse of our civil and Constitution Rights is SO flagrant that it's lost ALL credibility, and is severe recovery mode only.

Logan 5

If you hit a woman in anger you lose the right to be treated like a human.

Jack House

If you hit a woman in anger you lose the right to be treated like a human.
That really doesn't address the question as posed.

The question put simply: is there ever a time when you consider it acceptable to strike a woman?

Going by your statement, it would appear that you indeed feel there is such a time. However it would be foolish to make assumptions. After all, if were to assume, I could very well assume that you feel it is ok to strike a woman when she steps out of line so as to discipline her. So long as it is not in anger. I don't think you feel that way, just making an extreme example. :p

Logan 5

That really doesn't address the question as posed.

The question put simply: is there ever a time when you consider it acceptable to strike a woman?

Going by your statement, it would appear that you indeed feel there is such a time. However it would be foolish to make assumptions. After all, if were to assume, I could very well assume that you feel it is ok to strike a woman when she steps out of line so as to discipline her. So long as it is not in anger. I don't think you feel that way, just making an extreme example. :p
Why? Don't like my answer?

Ok, perhaps it's not in the format that you find acceptable. So let's try this-

Jack House said:
My question to you is: Should a man never strike a woman for any reason or are there times when it is called for?
I don't know. I don't see any right or reason for me to hit a woman, but thee could be a time and a place where such an action may be considered prudent.

Jack House said:
Mostly I am just curious to see how many here, if indeed anyone, feels that it is always wrong to hit a woman.
Typically, yes I do believe it's wrong to hit a woman. I also feels it's wrong for a woman to hit a man. I really do prefer the least amount of violence possible.

Jack House said:
Yes, there is. I had a girlfriend once that would just slap the hell out of me to get me to react. I finally learned how to react. I also found out she likes S&M. So in that case, well, you get the idea. But out of anger? No. Self-defense? Maybe, if it's life or death. "Just because"? Nope.

I have no respect for men that beat their wives or girlfriends. If they like victimizing a woman, then they deserve every violent act done to them.