• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is it just me, or is NCGV (local brady bunch) getting desperate?

RayBurton72

I got this email today:

Dear Ray,
I received a press release from New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino who head up the Mayors Against Illegal Guns Coalition. An excerpt from the press release is below:
"Today, Al Qaeda issued a video message featuring Adam Gadahn, an American-born member of the terrorist group, urging followers to commit violent acts of jihad by exploiting weaknesses in U.S. gun laws and the gun background check system.

According to Gadahn, “America is absolutely awash with easily obtainable firearms. You can go down to a gun show at the local convention center and come away with a fully automatic assault rifle without a background check and, most likely, without having to show an identification card. So what are you waiting for?”

Watch the complete video.

For years we have fought for tougher regulations, licensing and enforcement to protect the people of North Carolina and the United States. We all know that gangs, the criminally insane, domestic abusers and others have taken advantage of the weaknesses in our gun laws. Now we have to add a more dangerous enemy into the mix - terrorists who wish to use our loopholes to commit acts of jihad.

Our current legislature cannot afford to turn a blind eye to Al Qaeda's latest call for violence. Please consider donating today so that we can take our message of common sense regulations to the political leaders of this state.

With your financial support we will make North Carolina, and the United States, safer for all of our citizens. As Mayor Bloomberg said this morning, “The terror statement released today is absolutely accurate in one respect: terrorists and other criminals can easily buy guns in the United States with no background check, and no questions asked. This video may help Washington understand that weak gun laws aren’t just a crime problem, they’re a national security threat."

With your continued support we will help legislators in Raleigh and Washington, D.C. understand that we cannot allow the loopholes in our system to stand any longer - our safety depends on it.

Thank you,
Roxane Kolar, Executive Director

P.S.- Please donate today to help send a message to our legislators that North Carolinians support common sense gun laws that will help protect our state and our nation.

Last edited:

Dreamer

I wanna know where the gun shows are where you can "come away with a fully automatic assault rifle without a background check and, most likely, without having to show an identification card."

Utter rubbish...

First off, full-auto firearms (Class III) are NOT legal to transfer in a FTF private transaction without first obtaining a Class III tax stamp. Second, such a transfer MUST go through an FFL. Third, to get a Class III tax stamp requires not merely a NICS check, but a detailed FBI/BATFE background check, and can often take up to 3 months to clear.

And in NC, if you are an individual attempting to purchase a Class III firearm, you need to have your local Sheriff sign off on the BATFE application, so there is ANOTHER level of background check that gets done.

Lies, lies, and more lies.

I suggest someone take copies of this letter to their local Postmaster, and file charges of Mail Fraud against NCGV, because they are attempting to solicit donations under false pretenses. This letter is as clear-cut a case of mail fraud (which is a FEDERAL offense) as I have ever seen.

They want to play dirty?

That's just fine. We'll just play by the rules, and the USPS does NOT have a sense of humor when it comes to mail fraud.

And if they have a website where you can donate through the internet, that constitutes wire fraud, and we can get the FCC and the FTC in on the party too.

NCGV may have very well just "shot themselves in the foot" with this one...

Release the hounds...

Last edited:

xd shooter

ccording to Gadahn, “America is absolutely awash with easily obtainable firearms. You can go down to a gun show at the local convention center and come away with a fully automatic assault rifle without a background check and, most likely, without having to show an identification card. So what are you waiting for?”

Wow...Part of the problem here is that the general public, never having attended a gun show, doesn't know how false this is.

In addition, At the gunshows I've attended, there were a lot of Patriotic Americans, exercising their 2nd amendment rights, who might not take too kindly to an arabic/muslim person asking "Where are the automatic weapons?" :)

EricDailey X-NRA

I wanna know where the gun shows are where you can "come away with a fully automatic assault rifle without a background check and, most likely, without having to show an identification card."

Utter rubbish...

[/B]

Well, maybe they're thinking of some place near the border with Mexico where there are a whole lot of Obamas' BATFE managers doing special efforts to monitor guns-walking across the line.

EricDailey X-NRA

Hizzhonor

"As Mayor Bloomberg said this morning, “The terror statement released today is absolutely accurate in one respect: terrorists and other criminals can easily buy guns in the United States with no background check, and no questions asked..."

It's true but it's a lie.

Criminals CAN buy guns, lots of guns, all day long. Then they can visit Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Wall Street and walk through Central Park or Times Square. No need to find a gun show, but Mike didn't refer to gun shows, Gadahn did.

riverrat10k

Like Dreamer's take. Anyone who received the letter should send a copy to their postmaster asking for prosecution of mail fraud. The group is soliciting funds using a fraudulent claim. Surely this is actionable.

EricDailey X-NRA

Community Organizing?

Is it just me, or is NCGV (local brady bunch) getting desperate?

I got this email today:....

Pat McCrory was recently heard to say that North Carolina is a national target for Milwaukee style political activism and will soon be home to thousands of ACORN-style volunteers moving here to counteract the majority party in the General Assembly. You might guess right if you predict that NCGV is already making new friends like that.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Pat McCrory was recently heard to say that North Carolina is a national target for Milwaukee style political activism and will soon be home to thousands of ACORN-style volunteers moving here to counteract the majority party in the General Assembly. You might guess right if you predict that NCGV is already making new friends like that.

Well, groups like Acorn are going to be sorely disappointed when they move to NC. There are no union laborers left in this state, ever since the Globalists moved all our textile mills abroad. And the Agriculture sector in NC (as is the case in most of this country) is primarily manned by migrant workers who are not union (and in most cases, no here legally) so they want NOTHING to do with any sort of organization that would "get then on the radar"...

And the few laborers in NC that ARE legal, and interested in organizing are old-school Southern Democrats, and tend to see ACORN and its ilk as a bunch of Commie hippies and would rather kick their ass in a barfight than join their anti-American, economy-wrecking propagangda campaigns.

ACORN in NC will be about as welcome as a fart in a crowded elevator...