• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NEW to forum

thieltech

so im new here . but not to guns . recently purchased a S&W M/P 9mm , and will be open carrying in BEAVER DAM and madison . i been reading up here on the law and rights and genral carry information . I also applied for CCW permit and it should be here shortly:) . lots of great info here ! Aaron

Last edited:

thieltech

Welcome. If you are able, come to Perkins in Delafield on Friday.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?96876-Carry-Breakfast-on-Black-Friday

Also, it is a license, not a permit. ;)

Okay will try !

and lol , u got me ! just shows how new i am to all this ! But to that , carrying a gun is definitly a responsability to me and one i take pretty seriously .

Hopefully i dont get bothered by local law enforcement to much. Trying to find other people in or near beaver dam that carry as well .

Last edited:

protias

Okay will try !

and lol , u got me ! just shows how new i am to all this ! But to that , carrying a gun is definitly a responsability to me and one i take pretty seriously .

Hopefully i dont get bothered by local law enforcement to much. Trying to find other people in or near beaver dam that carry as well .

Don't worry about getting corrected. When I first started shooting, I called magazines, clips. I was corrected quickly and started using the term correctly. There is a lot of information here and many active members. We don't know the law perfectly, but we continually strive to know it better, because unfortunately, most police don't know the law when it comes to carrying.

There are a few in Madison that I know. I do not recall any in Beaver Dam (maybe one, but his name escapes me).

XDFDE45

Welcome aboard Aaron
occasion14.gif

AaronS

Its a stinking permission slip.

I look at it as "$50 of freedom". $50 to be able to exercise a right. A right that I thought had been paid for long ago...
I have to wonder what price my other rights should cost...?
How about a $5 fee for each post on the internet?
A $5 charge for the right to vote?
I would like to think I can poop without a fee, but in Milwaukee, we have a sewer charge as well...

I guess it is true, freedom is not free... Sad...

MilProGuy

Okay will try !

Welcome to the forum! :dude:

You are right, carrying a gun is definitely a responsibility, and one that we all should take seriously.

If you utilize your conceal carry permit and properly conceal the gun, you shouldn't catch any flack from law enforcement officers.

thieltech

Thanks 04 zx6r and its so nice today i might go for a ride.

was just out on my HONDA 1000 RR . . little chilly lol

.... thanks for all the warm welcomes EVERYONE ! ...

ON another note how do i go about opening carrying my pistol when i get in my vehical ? do i have to put it in the case and in the trunk every time i get in and out of my car ?

I dont have my ccw license yet , and i wanna make sure im being legal till it gets here in the mail .

once i get my license i can just carry it on my hip while i drive correct ?

Last edited:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
was just out on my HONDA 1000 RR . . little chilly lol

.... thanks for all the warm welcomes EVERYONE ! ...

ON another note how do i go about opening carrying my pistol when i get in my vehical ? do i have to put it in the case and in the trunk every time i get in and out of my car ?

I dont have my ccw license yet , and i wanna make sure im being legal till it gets here in the mail .

once i get my license i can just carry it on my hip while i drive correct ?
Welcome to the forum! The so-called "Dance" to satisfy open carry requirements when getting into and out of a car is this:
How to load\unload in parking lot: Exit vehicle, Activate Recorder, remove encased firearm from vehicle, remove firearm from case and load, place firearm in holster, replace case into vehicle(without firearm entering vehicle). Upon returning to vehicle- Remove empty case from vehicle(without firearm entering vehicle), unload firearm, place unloaded firearm in case with mags etc, place encased unloaded firearm in vehicle.
This question and many more are answered in the sticky at the top of the 1st page of the forum entitled,

"New to Open Carrying (OC) In WI, Here's what you should know " by Motofixxer

Last edited:

protias