• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Forsyth County OC experiences...

SEO

Barnes and Noble: No issues
Starbucks: No issues
Walmart: No issues/smart mouth kid
Bojangles: No issues
Sheetz: No issues/got a compliment from an undercover Deputy for carrying
Olde Orchard Diner: No issues
Roses: No issues
Subway: no issues

Whats some of others experiences in FORSYTH County?

SEO

I'd like to hear more about the smart mouthed kid.

As i was walking away from paying at the register he began to run his lip some about me carrying and what got me was his last response, "The goverment is gonna take your gun from you and there is nothing you can or no one else can do about it" with a hateful demeanor. I politely replied, "No they're not." I really couldnt educate him or hear how he knows the government is gonna take our guns because he had a long line and they was really busy; as I stated, he didnt start saying nothing until I started walking off. On the flip side, the Security Officer (unarmed) that night complimented me as I came in and as I left.

rdinatal

As i was walking away from paying at the register he began to run his lip some about me carrying and what got me was his last response, "The goverment is gonna take your gun from you and there is nothing you can or no one else can do about it" with a hateful demeanor. (snip)

This was from an employee? I don't stand for that and would have management involved ASAP.

-R

FlyBoy276

This was from an employee? I don't stand for that and would have management involved ASAP.

-R

*removes voice recorder from pocket and plays it for the general manager*
"Is this Wal-mart, or <insert political discussion show here>?"

papa bear

i carry all over Forsyth is a very anti place it kills me i can't carry in any of the parks, or cemeteries, or the library. there is nothing they can do about private.

SEO

i carry all over Forsyth is a very anti place it kills me i can't carry in any of the parks, or cemeteries, or the library. there is nothing they can do about private.

Please explain more why you think Forsyth is so anti? Just curious. I havent had no problems but I do respect the laws that are in place although I dont agree with them.

papa bear

Please explain more why you think Forsyth is so anti? Just curious. I havent had no problems but I do respect the laws that are in place although I dont agree with them.

1. most of the city board is against self defense (see GRNC against the w-s board)

2 all cemeteries are posted against defensive carry

3. all government properties are posted against self defense

4. all libraries are posted

5. all parks are posted against state laws by calling them "athletic" feilds

the cheif of police has told me they do not want carry in town and the sheriff has tried to break the law and keep 18-20 from getting PPP

there's more but that should be enough

Last edited:

SEO

1. most of the city board is against self defense (see GRNC against the w-s board)

2 all cemeteries are posted against defensive carry

3. all government properties are posted against self defense

4. all libraries are posted

5. all parks are posted against state laws by calling them "athletic" feilds

the cheif of police has told me they do not want carry in town and the sheriff has tried to break the law and keep 18-20 from getting PPP

there's more but that should be enough

Fair enough. Thanks for the extra info. Im still gonna carry anywhere possible that is not posted or prohibited.

papa bear

just to clarify, i would be surprised in Surry, Yadkin, Stokes, Alleghany,so many others, if anything anti were done. i am very relaxed in these counties

i am always on my guard in Forsyth, Guilford, Mecklenburg, Wake. you just don't know about those people

travisrugerfan

first post

Hey guys im new here but been on alotof of forums. I was in Winston Salem Kmart yesterday and I was walking to the back and a guy stopped me he said I am head of security and is that firearm loaded. I said yes sir. He asked if I would unload my firearm wile I was in the store. I said no sir its my right to opencarry my gun. There are no signs posted there saying I can not open carry. Was I in the wrong?

SEO

Hey guys im new here but been on alotof of forums. I was in Winston Salem Kmart yesterday and I was walking to the back and a guy stopped me he said I am head of security and is that firearm loaded. I said yes sir. He asked if I would unload my firearm wile I was in the store. I said no sir its my right to opencarry my gun. There are no signs posted there saying I can not open carry. Was I in the wrong?

Welcome to NCDO

As long as there was NO Gun Buster signs than you are good!!! You do not have to empty your weapon, whats an unloaded arm gonna do if you a situation arrives and need to defend yourself? Do remember though, if you are asked to leave the premises you must comply or you could be charged with trespassing. I am an armed security officer myself but I enjoy having other people OC at my post, I know if sh@* hits the fan I have some backup! lol Although I keep a backup weapon loaded and 3 mags full for each weapon. I don't understand why some security personel is that way, I assume they let some things go to their head, but I DO NOT. Enjoy and Happy OC'ing.

travisrugerfan

Welcome to NCDO

As long as there was NO Gun Buster signs than you are good!!! You do not have to empty your weapon, whats an unloaded arm gonna do if you a situation arrives and need to defend yourself? Do remember though, if you are asked to leave the premises you must comply or you could be charged with trespassing. I am an armed security officer myself but I enjoy having other people OC at my post, I know if sh@* hits the fan I have some backup! lol Although I keep a backup weapon loaded and 3 mags full for each weapon. I don't understand why some security personel is that way, I assume they let some things go to their head, but I DO NOT. Enjoy and Happy OC'ing.

Yeah he watched me forever then walked up I figured he wanted to ask what I carry lol... Love to OC my ruger SR9C.. thanks for the info.