• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The forum is quiet these days

mspgunner

There are not many posts these days. The legislature is out till Jan. but I assure everyone the work for our OC rights is never ending. There are bills being written for the House and Senate, some to be filed in December, probably many more in January. Always stay in contact with your House amnd Senate members!!! They do get the emails and letters sent to their Jefferson City offices. Be sure to include your name and address, if you live in their district it makes a difference. Whether they are or were OC supporters, keep on them, if they were not... keep on them. We need all the help we can get to get this done!!!

For those who are new... The whole story behind the politics of OC is a very long and complicated one. It could be a paper back book by now in Missouri. With over a decade in the political arena I and others have made some progress in OC rights. We have come close twice, within one vote in the Senate this year. I and a couple of others (You probably know them from here) have made a sincere and dedicated effort towards reaching the goals of OC rights. Truely without their sacrifice we never would have made it as far as we have. There are others who are making real commitments to the future efforts of OC rights in Missouri, some are not on this forum but work through facebook sights. It is not easy to give time and pay the freight to go to Jefferson City and fight this fight. Remember it took 14 years of work to get CCW in Missouri. People put their careers, homes and farms on the line to fight the fight all the way to the Missouri Supreme Court. This was an expensive and time consuming effort. We've done well, even though not successful yet.

OC for ME

The only folks making OC "complicated" are the politicians in Jeff City. Don't let anyone tell you different. We are obligated to participate in the process as best we can and keep the pressure on our elected reps. A few bucks to a politician of your liking does help.

mspgunner

the only folks making oc "complicated" are the politicians in jeff city. Don't let anyone tell you different. We are obligated to participate in the process as best we can and keep the pressure on our elected reps. A few bucks to a politician of your liking does help.

mega ditto on both counts.

JEStucker

I've noticed the same thing, quiet forums abound in the firearm community right now, it's not just here. Is it because people are seeing items return to store shelves so the panic mode switched off? Or is it because there just hasn't been any loud anti- legislation making the news?

We should always be vigilant, when our efforts and communication are lacking is when they'll attack.

Oramac

I've noticed the same thing, quiet forums abound in the firearm community right now, it's not just here. Is it because people are seeing items return to store shelves so the panic mode switched off?

Unfortunately, I think this may be a significant part of it.

We should always be vigilant, when our efforts and communication are lacking is when they'll attack.

Also true. I haven't been OCing much at all recently since I moved into St Louis county. Bleh. But insofar as I'm able, I do, and I always try to educate as much as I can.

JustaShooter

I've noticed the same thing, quiet forums abound in the firearm community right now, it's not just here. Is it because people are seeing items return to store shelves so the panic mode switched off? Or is it because there just hasn't been any loud anti- legislation making the news?

Probably also a lot of the newer members that joined during the panic & after buying their first (or at least latest) firearm have stopped posting as much, the newness having worn off.

mspgunner

Also true. I haven't been OCing much at all recently since I moved into St Louis county. Bleh. But insofar as I'm able, I do, and I always try to educate as much as I can.

You moved from a liberated county to here? Sit down, take your temperature, check your pulse, there has to be some thing wrong some place.
I used to drive there to OC with you, now we are both in the Twilight Zone!

Oramac

You moved from a liberated county to here? Sit down, take your temperature, check your pulse, there has to be some thing wrong some place.
I used to drive there to OC with you, now we are both in the Twilight Zone!

Haha. Yea I did. I was getting really fed up with traffic on highway 40. Driving from Lake St Louis to Brentwood every day was brutal.

I'll probably be moving again in a few months a little further out. Maybe to the Maryland Heights area. Any idea what the OC stance is there? I haven't checked yet.

mspgunner

Haha. Yea I did. I was getting really fed up with traffic on highway 40. Driving from Lake St Louis to Brentwood every day was brutal.

I'll probably be moving again in a few months a little further out. Maybe to the Maryland Heights area. Any idea what the OC stance is there? I haven't checked yet.

ou are correct about the traffic, that's why working here we never moved across the river. Maryland Heights used to be OK, no longer. The same attorney for Ollivette, Maplewood, Rock Hill... he was a "Consultant" to M.H. and the right went away! we used to have OC legilslative planning sessions at the Steak-n-Shake in M.H., then the boot fell.

mspgunner

Just some thoughts.... Nothing changes the laws on forums. Jefferson City is where the action is. You can go there and talk to your elected offcials, that helps. You can contact them by mail, email or phone year around. You should volunteer for campaigns! This is the best way to assure access in the future. You can write up suggestions for changes in the law, this may actualy get a bill to a hearing! You do need to do your home work and know the "process". Change on 2A rights can happen, it takes people, it takes action. You "CAN" make it happen, but it doesn't happen on forums! Not to brag, but little citizen me working with a few other regular citizens here nad other places actually got an OC bill within one vote in the Senate of becoming law in Missouri in 2013. Do the deed, take the time, it can happen!

OC for ME

Reiterating the complaints lodged shortly after the Veto Session are not a effective use of the Interwebs, and the next session is not for a little while. It's hunting season and my elected vermin ain't too interested in anything that has to do with Jeff City right now.