• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bay area Radio station debates gun rights.

kwikrnu

Banned
According to that program unless you are a "chosen" plantiff you shouldn't challenge a law in court. The audacity of these NRA types is overwelming.

Gundude

IMHO, by "chosen", I think they mean that there are certain cases that need to be filed before others. A careful step by step process to establish favorable decisions before proceeding to the next one. If they don't do it that way, there can be decisions made that need to be overturned.

kwikrnu

Banned
IMHO, by "chosen", I think they mean that there are certain cases that need to be filed before others. A careful step by step process to establish favorable decisions before proceeding to the next one. If they don't do it that way, there can be decisions made that need to be overturned.

So, I should get the approval of the SAF, NRA, GOA, and the TFA before I should file a lawsuit to protect my rights in Tennessee? Maybe I'll only have to wait a couple of hundred years before I'll have a right to carry a gun in Tennessee.

Gundude

So, I should get the approval of the SAF, NRA, GOA, and the TFA before I should file a lawsuit to protect my rights in Tennessee? Maybe I'll only have to wait a couple of hundred years before I'll have a right to carry a gun in Tennessee.

I don't know about your case or Tenn. law, but you might check with them first. They may take your case for you. A little expert advice goes a long way.

kwikrnu

Banned
I don't know about your case or Tenn. law, but you might check with them first. They may take your case for you. A little expert advice goes a long way.

The NRA didn't approve of Heller and at the last second cut in on the McDonald case. The NRA can go to Hell as far as I am concerned. These gun groups talk big, but aren't doing anything about it. I'm not so sure they want "constitutional carry". It seems as if they want rules and regulations, in other words infringement.

kwikrnu

Banned
“Unfortunately there’s also, I think one of the biggest threats to actually advancing the Second Amendment right is that there are some people out there that think litigating a Second Amendment case should be easy now. So, there is a lot of ill conceived litigation being filed…They think anybody who has a strong opinion about the Second Amendment is qualified to be a plaintiff or be a lawyer for such a plaintiff. The problem is those lawsuits aren’t being chosen necessarily as wisely as they should be, those plaintiffs aren’t being picked as wisely as they should be, it’s really not a good strategic move. The NRA and CRPA are trying to advance strategic litigation with the right plaintiffs picking the right issues.”
Chuck Michel, civil rights attorney and spokesperson for the California Rifle and Pistol Association minute 4:12

Army

The NRA didn't want Heller at first, because it wasn't a slam-dunk, no-doubt total win 2nd-A case. As proven, Heller dealt SPECIFICALLY with DC, and NOT "the people". As such, they were forced to add on to McDonald, which was more close to a full 2nd-A case than Heller, and was helped by being nearly identical.

Still, neither decision unequivocally demands 2nd-A adherence from ALL government forms. As such, we have Chicago re-writing their gun ban to comply with "reasonable restrictions". Anyone can see that city, county, state, and federal laws are NOT falling into line with the 2nd or the 14th amendments as hoped for or predicted by some.

Where exactly do you think we would be RIGHT NOW without the NRA? Certainly not with CCW in most states, certainly not with reciprocity, certainly not with open carry, and certainly not with our vast hunting and target shooting resources.

We, you and I, are the NRA.
We, you and I, should be fighting for our Constitutional rights every day.

If you simply expect the NRA, or GOA, or CRPA to poop out your rights to you just because you own a gun, while you do nothing but complain on web forms, then you need to go to the back of the line because you aren't ready yet.

kwikrnu

Banned
If you simply expect the NRA, or GOA, or CRPA to poop out your rights to you just because you own a gun, while you do nothing but complain on web forms, then you need to go to the back of the line because you aren't ready yet.

What has the NRA done in Tennessee? They've done nothing, I've done more than they have. I'm not an attorney and have a TN constitutional challenge pending. According to the CRPA they haven't picked me so I shouldn't even have filed.

RussP

Yes, Gundude, you are correct.

RussP

What has the NRA done in Tennessee? They've done nothing, I've done more than they have. I'm not an attorney and have a TN constitutional challenge pending. According to the CRPA they haven't picked me so I shouldn't even have filed.
Yep...