• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

liquor license

kameron454ci

ok I have been doing some reading and understand that I can not OC any place that has a liquor license now does the mean places that sell liquor like wallmart, mijjer or pretty much any gastation are off limmits to?

Last edited:

WARCHILD

ok I have been doing some reading and understand that I can not OC any place that has a liquor license now does the mean places that sell liquor like wallmart, mijjer or pretty much any gastation are off limmits to?

This may help:

Attachments

• Carry Chart 1.pdf
    8.6 KB · Views: 104

stainless1911

Banned
I walked into a Mobil gas station a few months ago, and was quite surprised to see a beer cooler next to the pop. I usually get all my gasoline at Mobil, but hadn't been to this particular store in years. The ones I frequent don't sell alcohol, so I would never have guessed that they might have a license to sell it. I have a CPL so it was really no problem, but I think this illustrates well why we encourage everyone who OC's to go ahead and get a CPL, even though we don't necessarily agree with the concept of needing a license to begin with. Meanwhile, we need to continually be moving this state towards constitutional carry.

A CPL turns a right into a privilege.

kubel

I agree with stainless1911.

Just because you have a CPL doesn't mean you always have to carry concealed. It just provides you with a little more flexibility when it comes to the law. The two biggest areas that would get me in trouble had I not got my CPL would be:

1) getting into a car while open carrying (that would get you busted since the law says carrying in a car is always considered concealed)
2) carrying into a place that is licensed to sell liquor (may of us shop at licensed stores even if we don't drink- Walmart, Meijer, Kroger, etc...).

Harry25

...and if you don't know if the restaurant, gas station, grocery store, etc. has a liquor license, just search for it here:

http://www2.dleg.state.mi.us/llist/

This is a GREAT link. I've had it saved in my phone, and I search it often. There are plenty of places you wouldn't think would have a liquor license (don't sell alcohol), but in fact do have one.