• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC in car without a CC permit

Gunslinger

Yours is one of the many shameful examples that we honest, law-abiding citizens must endure through pain, misery, and thousands of dollars, just to see the wheels of justice adhere to the laws upon which they're riding.

Hope you don't mind, but I've been keeping a record of yours and similar efforts in the hopes of one day presenting measures before both my state and our country which would require either the state or the department of justice to pay for any and all legal expenses associated with any city/county/state legal action taken against a justifiable shooting.

When I lived in WA, I read about three such incidents which were dismissed before they ever became an issue. It's a monetary incentive for local/state prosecutors to NOT tackle self-defense issues unless they're dang sure the defendant acted well outside the bounds of the law.

You can recover costs if bad faith was involved. Even in the criminal trial, the judge may impose sanctions against the prosecutor. In civil court, e.g., 1983 actions, all costs are covered as well as real damages in addition to any punitive damages you're awarded. I would like to see this law for any prosecution ending in a NG verdict, personally, even if bad faith wasn't involved.

since9

Campaign Veteran
You can recover costs if bad faith was involved.

You are a lawyer.

Even in the criminal trial, the judge may impose sanctions against the prosecutor. In civil court, e.g., 1983 actions, all costs are covered as well as real damages in addition to any punitive damages you're awarded. I would like to see this law for any prosecution ending in a NG verdict, personally, even if bad faith wasn't involved.

At least a paralegal.

Sigh. No, you're a lawyer, and your handwriting is on the wall, so to speak, six ways to Sunday.

So, Gunslinger, What's Up? Why are you at this, and if you're NOT a lawyer, I would ask you file such asap. That gives you less than 30 days.

Gunslinger

You are a lawyer.

At least a paralegal.

Sigh. No, you're a lawyer, and your handwriting is on the wall, so to speak, six ways to Sunday.

So, Gunslinger, What's Up? Why are you at this, and if you're NOT a lawyer, I would ask you file such asap. That gives you less than 30 days.

I'm not a lawyer, just have legal education. Not following you on "filing." File what?

JamesB

Yours is one of the many shameful examples that we honest, law-abiding citizens must endure through pain, misery, and thousands of dollars, just to see the wheels of justice adhere to the laws upon which they're riding.

Hope you don't mind, but I've been keeping a record of yours and similar efforts in the hopes of one day presenting measures before both my state and our country which would require either the state or the department of justice to pay for any and all legal expenses associated with any city/county/state legal action taken against a justifiable shooting.

Sadly this is only one of many examples I've encountered in just my own experience. This particular case happened because Denver PD was called to investigate a traffic accident in which I was the victim. He was charged with unsafe lane change, me with unlawful carry.
That was the thrid time the Denver PD took this particular firearm in their posession.

I have literally spent in excess on $10,000 to prove my ability to carry lawfully.

If you're keeping records, my own file is more than an inch thick.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I have literally spent in excess on $10,000 to prove my ability to carry lawfully.

I'm sorry to hear about that. If I were rich, I'd pick up the fight monetarially. As it is, We'll have to settle for encouragement.

Sorry, Gunslinger - I was getting confusing over which of you was fighting the legal battles in Denver.

Gunslinger

Not a problem...you were confusing me, too. It is an unspeakable affront to freedom when you can only secure the amount your bank account can afford. We need the equivalent of that pos soros bankrolling our side.

bomber

I was actually charged with this one year ago in denver. It took nine months to work its way through the court system.eventually everything was dismissed.

My point is that sadly you can spend literally thousands of dollars to prove that everything you did was legal.

can you elaborate on what happened?

i'm very interested