• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is it hard to get a carry permit in GA?

fherrada

I was wondering if it was any difficult to get a permit to carry in GA and if anybody was turned down even meeting the criterias on the application??

aadvark

fherrada:

Fallschirmjägers' Advice is Factually Correct.

Under Georgia Law 16-11-129, if You Qualify, The Probate Court Judge HAS to Issue a Georgia Weapons Carry License to The Applicant.

Under Georgia Law, EVERYONE Qualifies under Georgia Law, unless; The Probate Court Judge can PROVE a Licensing Exception under Georgia Code 16-11-129(b).

aadvark

Last edited:

fherrada

nother question

I am a legal permanent resident so i have a green card and will apply for citizenship in September..could that be an issue for the issuance of the permit?
Thank you guys again and great forum...
Fabien

Last edited:

rmodel65

welcome to the forum and make sure you join www.GeorgiaCarry.Org they are fighting for your rights and its the best 15$ you can spend to protect them :)

by the way where are you from?

Last edited:

fherrada

applied for permit today

Well here we, my name is Fabien and I am from France. I have been in GA for the last 10 years an married to a GA girl lol.... I also applied to a permit this morning and the dammage was :
$93 app fee at the probate court
$15 at the sheriff department
so a total of a $108.....
wow! But anyway they said it would take 2 weeks to come in the mail...

Last edited:

bigtim6656

congrats and you will feel alittle wierd at first with the gun on your. I did a few weeks later I feel weird without it, I still get looks without it. I leave my slip on holster on my belt when I carry or not. made for a fun look from the postal employee :dude:

07gtimyfast

wow that is expensive!

Is that the norm now in Ga for cost of a permit?

I got mine ~2 years ago and payed $20