• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

For the gear heads in our midst

mtlhdtodd

There is a muscle car show at the XXX on Sun and I'll be there, OC of course, with my car so if anyone wants to see some nice cars and have a good burger come on out.

joeroket

XXX is a smokin burger place in Issaquah that has old car memorabilia inside. They host car shows all the time. It is much more high end than the lowrider show that had the shooting. I have never heard of anything going awry at one of their shows.

Lammo

XXX? What is the XXX?

Last car show there was a shooting! Is this a La Raza car show?

As the others have said it's a root beer joint. Used to be lots of them, along with A&W root beer places. I remember ordering from the car as a kid and they'd bring the food out to you. This link says there's only two left in the country, Issaquah and Indiana: http://www.triplexrootbeer.com/history.htm

mtlhdtodd

My bad. It is the XXX place in Issaquah on front street. I have been there to numerous shows and cruse-ins OC and have never had an issue. Oh and the food is actually quite good.

OrangeIsTrouble

We used to just call them "Triple X". Used to go to them, not because of the food quality, just that it was cheap.

Holy chip, are you centuries old or summin??? It's anything but that!

Any one else,

Oh and bring cash unless you like using suspicious looking old ATMs. Always a good time to get out and look at shiny cars! And remember, look with your eyes not your head :dude:

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
There is a muscle car show at the XXX on Sun and I'll be there, OC of course, with my car so if anyone wants to see some nice cars and have a good burger come on out.

I show my car there every summer. Great food and great people! I'd come meet you but am working on the car tomorrow for a track day next friday. ;)

sudden valley gunner

They once upon a time were cheap. Back when there was a lot more than just 2 in the Country. Were favorite "cruising" spots back before cruising was outlawed just about everywhere.

Like Herfy's in Bellingham, when I was teen we had the downtown "cruising" strip.

They outlawed cruising no more Herfy's and downtown became the hangout for some pretty wacked out folks.

amlevin

Like Herfy's in Bellingham, when I was teen we had the downtown "cruising" strip.

They outlawed cruising no more Herfy's and downtown became the hangout for some pretty wacked out folks.

Herfy's is back in some areas. As for "cruisin", it became a problem in Everett about the time the 10 gigawatt stereo became common and some people decided that all the front yards on the cruising strip had imaginary "Restroom" signs on them. Some people never had to water their lawns or bushes.

Probably the same in every other town.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Herfy's is back in some areas. As for "cruisin", it became a problem in Everett about the time the 10 gigawatt stereo became common and some people decided that all the front yards on the cruising strip had imaginary "Restroom" signs on them. Some people never had to water their lawns or bushes.

Probably the same in every other town.

Our cruising strip really didn't have that problem wasn't residential, there was the occassional fisticuffs though, but their laws made everything worse and downtown became Crip territory for a long time (they don't care about silly laws).