• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colorado Springs Meet & Greet! 2/28 RSVP Here Please!

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
We'd surely love to have a great turn out on Tuesday, February 28th, 6:30pm for a meet and greet.
We have a guest, Red Dawg, visiting town from Virginia and would dearly love to give him some of that shpadoinkle Colorado hospitality.

While this is really rather short notice, I just decided to put this thing together and here we are.

We'd like to have an idea how many folks can turn up for this event so we can arrange with the restuarant to seat everybody all together at one table big enough to accomodate everyone.

Place: Famous Dave's Barbeque
8330 Razorback Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80920

Date: Tuesday, February 28th
Time: 6:30pm MST
Dress: Casual! Come as you are, assuming you ain't naked!

Okay folks! Roll call time! Count off!

1. M-Taliesin & Wife (2)

Your turn now!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

since9

Campaign Veteran
I'm in...

And here's an idea: They don't mind you hanging around, so perhaps we can plan to do more than eat and scoot. I'm thinking perhaps we can discuss a breaking piece of legislation or something. Or perhaps just chill, discussing holsters, cleaning tips, etc.

I dunno. A hand of cards? Game of chess?

Last edited:

Red Dawg

I'm in!!!!

I'm way in. Love BBQ and meeting new people. Looking forward to it.
As for Since 9's idea. WEELLLLL, LOL, I'm thinking discussion of whatever. Cards and chess might turn some of us less than intelligent folks away. Just kidding....Keep your M-T smile...

Scott

M-Taliesin

I'm in...

And here's an idea: They don't mind you hanging around, so perhaps we can plan to do more than eat and scoot. I'm thinking perhaps we can discuss a breaking piece of legislation or something. Or perhaps just chill, discussing holsters, cleaning tips, etc.

Howdy!
Okay, so far we have 4 souls fixin' to show up! I'd like to see some more folks chip in here and join the festivities.

As for hanging out, we might consider a discussion of the effort to pass 'constitutional carry' again this year. Last I heard, we had a representative who was planning to introduce a bill this legislative season again this time around. Or we could simply throw the wool and just jaw jack awhile. Or, we could move from our meal to the nearst Starbucks in a continuing demonstration of support. Or, we might consider creating some sort of charitable effort that all gun carriers might participate in... like a toy drive for Children's hospital or, canned food drive for a local charity pantry or clothing drive for the homeless. Something of that ilk.

Think of the P.R. opportunity for promoting open carry when we do something, en masse, to help in our community!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Red Dawg

M-T. Excellent Idea. The guys here locally do that sort of thing. The last one I remember quickly was a trash pick up at a local State park. Had some press coverage, and all that. Defintely worth some discussion in person, and planning via our board here.

rushcreek2

Normally I am always back in Colorado Springs by the end of February - but this year I'll be in Texas probably until the middle of May. Hopefully I'll be in town for a future meet- up. I just want you all to know that my lack of participation doesn't equate to lack of interest. I (unfortunately)just happen to spend a good deal of time in Texas.

alang

Or, we might consider creating some sort of charitable effort that all gun carriers might participate in... like a toy drive for Children's hospital or, canned food drive for a local charity pantry or clothing drive for the homeless. Something of that ilk.

Think of the P.R. opportunity for promoting open carry when we do something, en masse, to help in our community!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

As of right now, I'm going to plan on making the drive down to the Springs for this. So one more can be added to the count. If that changes I'll let you know.

I really like the idea of trying to organize some sort of a charitable effort.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
For folks living in the Denver metromess, it might be nifty to consider riding down with another member who is certain to be going. I am going to offer that we will be certain to be there, and have room for a couple of folks that may need a ride down. The thing that might dissaude some is that the wife and I both smoke. And I favor a pipe myself. Just an FYI. But the principal is the same. Perhaps some of us can carpool down or give a lift to another member for the trip.

I'd like to see quite a turnout, and hope we can put a few tables to good use!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

If, it's a big if, I have a short day at work I'll be there. Would really like to make it to one of these.

I Tapatalked this.

Howdy Beau!
Wow pard, I haven't seen your smiling face since last summer. I sure do hope you can make your way to the event. I, for one, would be delighted to see you again! Give it your best shot! Try to make the event. This is intended to be a note of encouragement, suitable for everyday use, some contents may have settled during shipment. Wait... I got onto a tangent there!

All seriousness aside, I sure do hope you can join us Tuesday evening. Your coming will make the festivities all the more festive!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

ZackL

Well, I would love to get together with you all. It's been a good long time. However, I am only a tentative yes as it depends on a lot of factors, not the least of which is money with my recent layoff. So, for now, I hope to see you all there, I'll let you know on the 27th if I can make it.

Half Live

I would love to come down and party it up with you guys but I don't get off till about 5:30pm and I work like a mile south of DownTown Denver. So it might take me a while to drive down there since most likely I would be taking US85 down to Castle Rock and jumping on to I-25 there or, depending on traffic on I-25 might bring CO-105 down from Sedalia. If anyone would like to catch a ride I can take one person down.

M-Taliesin

I would love to come down and party it up with you guys but I don't get off till about 5:30pm

Howdy!
The place we're hitting is on the extreme north side of Colorado Springs. In fact, a short distance off I-25.
We may meet up at 6:30, but likely sit down to eat closer to 7pm. We've discussed lingering through our meal and after, possibly going to another location to close out the evening. You might arrive later than 6:30, but we should still be hanging around well beyond that!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

jskp229

M-T,

I'll be coming from Boulder (on business), but hope to be there by 7p. Don't know if I can stay late, but I'll try.

JSK

Howdy!
The place we're hitting is on the extreme north side of Colorado Springs. In fact, a short distance off I-25.
We may meet up at 6:30, but likely sit down to eat closer to 7pm. We've discussed lingering through our meal and after, possibly going to another location to close out the evening. You might arrive later than 6:30, but we should still be hanging around well beyond that!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

O2HeN2

Well, 7pm is safer for me since I have a complex dance of cabinet installers, seeing an account and a weather dependency all falling together late on that day.

Save two seats (GF too). I'll be there, as close to 6:30 as possible, if I'm not there by 7, still hold the seats.

O2

M-Taliesin

Well, 7pm is safer for me since I have a complex dance of cabinet installers, seeing an account and a weather dependency all falling together late on that day.

Save two seats (GF too). I'll be there, as close to 6:30 as possible, if I'm not there by 7, still hold the seats.

O2

Howdy Pard!
You got it! I figured we'd meet up around 6:30, and do that initial "get to know" one another phase and start ordering up around 7pm anyhow. Some will straggle in later, some will be there earlier, we just want to accomodate the majority. I understand folks are working on Tuesdays, and want to make this thing as accessible as possible to the greater number of folks wanting to attend.

I'll be looking forward to seeing you there, and getting to know you better come Tuesday night. Hey... that's tomorrow!

Don't fret too much about punctuality. We're a pretty laid back bunch!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

O2HeN2

Well that plan lasted all of a couple hours. No dinner, I'll try (just me) and come by for a little while to meet up and have a soda or something.

Ever have one of those days when you plan one thing (dinner with an out-of-town OCer) a long ways out and as the time approaches everything, and I do mean everything, lands on that one day? Tonight? Wide open. Wednesday? Wide open. Tuesday? The stuff keeps piling on.

O2