• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Breaking my "rule and posting"

mspgunner

I read but don't post, I have to break my own rule because this is something I and others I "work" with on 2A issues in Missouri promoted. I went to the House public hearing for this bill and this is a win, more or less 2A related... More or less... A win is a win, and there are so few of them I'll share it.

We may have another "win" July 14th....More specifically pro-2A and OC.... If so I may come back to post again, dang this stuff gets me!

"Received call from Governors Office at 11:45A, July 6, the bill for Don't Tread on Me license plate, sponsored by Gatchenberger will be signed by the Governor today. The artwork looks beautiful; yellow tiger background with Gadsden flag on left side of plate, very visible, in exact replica of the flag with rattle snake sitting on green grass ready to strike. Size of replica is about 4" X 4". A replica of Missouri flag is located in upper right corner of license plate. Please don't ask how I got on the Governors call list on this. I have no idea."

KBCraig

I read but don't post, I have to break my own rule . . .

For the 1030th time? ;)

LOL, it's good information. Not really carry related, but nice to have.

Texas contracts out certain vanity plates to myPlates.com, and lets them be produced in a variety of colors and themes the state wouldn't normally approve (like Razorback and Sooners themes).

Among the choices are a yellow Gadsden flag, and a black & white "COME AND TAKE IT" Gonzales flag.

They're not cheap, though. They cost $85~ish+ per year, on top of the cost of your registration ($50-60~ish for most vehicles in most parts of Texas).

mechanicworkman

I too would like to know what kind of time frame we can expect for when they will actually begin taking orders for these plates.

I just put in my request for the "don't tread on me" the one with the stupid bird which i didn't really like but, it was only 15 bucks. The one with the snake and flag is the one i really wanted.

So if they will begin taking orders soon i may have to put some more thought into this and recall the plate i ordered.

REALteach4u

I don't mind the DTOM plates, nope, not a bit. What I do have a problem with are the LEOs that seem to still tout policy of MIAC and DHS that will use that to build a file or report the ownership of such a license plate to the Feds.

I almost want a license plate frame to accompany the plate that says, "If you're taking a picture of this as a LEO, then you're a terrorist." Or perhaps, "DHS and MIAC declared terrorist and proud of it!"

mechanicworkman

For the 1030th time? ;)

LOL, it's good information. Not really carry related, but nice to have.

I'm not sure if its just me but, people are sure quick to jump on the bandwagon saying something doesn't apply or telling someone to use the search tool. ---people doing this drives me nuts.

I will go out on a limb and say that there isn't hardly a topic to speak of that hasn't been covered at least once.So i have no problem re-visiting and issue a few more times heck ill talk about it a couple hundred more.

And in response saying that it isn't on topic! --- well i would say that talking about a 2A friendly license plate from Missouri in a Missouri sub-form is more related than talking about what the state of Texas does in a Missouri Form.

mechanicworkman

I don't mind the DTOM plates, nope, not a bit. What I do have a problem with are the LEOs that seem to still tout policy of MIAC and DHS that will use that to build a file or report the ownership of such a license plate to the Feds.

I almost want a license plate frame to accompany the plate that says, "If you're taking a picture of this as a LEO, then you're a terrorist." Or perhaps, "DHS and MIAC declared terrorist and proud of it!"

Realteach42--- When i read this i wasn't sure what the MIAC & DHS had said about the DTOM license plate but, after a some quick searches on yahoo WOW.......... thanks for the comment I learned a little today!