• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

US hunters begin boycott over Colorado gun laws

mobiushky

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/us-hunters-begin-boycott-over-colorado-gun-laws-141458794.html

"COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Hunters across the United States are boycotting Colorado because of recent legislation meant to curtail gun violence.

Michael Bane, a producer for The Outdoor Channel, announced he will no longer film his four shows in Colorado, and hunters are joining the protests."

Which just makes the left even more happy because they've been wanting to ban hunting for eons. The fact that this makes a de facto ban is mere icing to the cake.

Not that I disagree with the boycott. Maybe the economic impact will become more real.

OC for ME

FUQ
Meanwhile, Scott Willoughby, who writes an outdoors column for The Denver Post, wrote that the disenfranchised hunters' "sour grapes" may benefit local hunters.

He wrote, "if those jaded sportsmen from out of state and right here at home really do follow through with their threats to never spend another penny on hunting and fishing in Colorado, well, the hunting and fishing just got a lot better for those who do participate."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ycott-colorado-after-passage-recent-gun-laws/
How much is a non-resident hunting license and then multiply by 86,000. Then, it may be more if non-residents purchase more than one license. Do not forget about the potential hit to fishing license sales from OOS fisherman/hunters.

When every OOS dollar counts.....

carracer

How many hunters drink Coors in the evening? I wrote an email to Coors Brewing stating I would not be purchasing their product until such legislation was resolved in a favorable way. Stated that I enjoy their beverages and they should put pressure on legislators to correct the situation. They wrote back: "Thank you for contacting MillerCoors.

We are sorry to hear you feel this way. Consumer commentary is extremely important to us. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Your comments have been shared with Corporate Office.

Thanks again for contacting MillerCoors.

Sincerely,

MillerCoors Consumer Affairs Department
Ref: Case#N20867432

davidmcbeth

Banned
How many hunters drink Coors in the evening? I wrote an email to Coors Brewing stating I would not be purchasing their product until such legislation was resolved in a favorable way. Stated that I enjoy their beverages and they should put pressure on legislators to correct the situation. They wrote back: "Thank you for contacting MillerCoors.

We are sorry to hear you feel this way. Consumer commentary is extremely important to us. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Your comments have been shared with Corporate Office.

Thanks again for contacting MillerCoors.

Sincerely,

MillerCoors Consumer Affairs Department
Ref: Case#N20867432

I don't drink .. but if I wanted a beer and only Coors was available, i still wouldn't drink. Beeer yummy yummy

fighting_for_freedom

More elk for me!

But, seriously. I think it will be the same out-of-state hunters that I DON'T detest that will be the ones who boycott the state. The ones who I could do without will be the ones that keep coming back regardless.

I know that in my corner of the state, the majority of hunters are non-resident, and with the volume of hunters that we get, it adds up to a whole lotta money. If that source of money was suddenly removed, the backlash from the community and outcry from local businesses that depend on hunting and tourism would be tremendous. I'd say 70% of my business in the fall and early winter is from non-resident hunters, and I'm just a mechanic.