• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tracking Illinois Business with CCW

whowe82

Not sure if this is in the right category, if not, mod please move it. We have started a free website that is responsive so it works on mobile devices without an app that allows you to search and post the status of businesses in Illinois in regards to their stance on concealed carry:

http://www.il2a.com

If you have feedback, please use the contact form on the site. Thanks and I look forward to enjoying this community.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcome to OCDO.

Your site will be of some benefit, BUT it is important to remember that this is an open carry forum. It is that form of carry that we promote and defend.

It would seem you are just barely getting started:

Posted NO CARRY (1)

Carry Allowed (0)
http://www.il2a.com/business-listing/

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Thanks! Yeah, maybe one of these centuries we can get Illinois to open carry!
Acutely aware of your problems.

We will be looking for people like you to stand up and take the battle to the legislature and through the courts if necessary.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
As of now, the stores in Swansea (Belleville) and O'Fallon have NOT posted their stores.
HOWEVER, the managers at both stores have clearly stated that they will be putting up signs barring carry. One of the managers went so far to state that "Aldi's is a German-owned company. What do you think they are going to do?"
Aah, maybe honor the spirit and intent of the laws and Constitution in this country.

SteveInCO

Thanks! Yeah, maybe one of these centuries we can get Illinois to open carry!

It would have the side effect of inducing a lot of brain aneurysms in Chicago antis.

Please note I did not say undesirable side effect, though if one of the dropping-dead corpses should collapse onto a table at a restaurant or something like that, or perhaps block traffic for a while, it could be a problem. :p

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It would have the side effect of inducing a lot of brain aneurysms in Chicago antis.

Please note I did not say undesirable side effect, though if one of the dropping-dead corpses should collapse onto a table at a restaurant or something like that, or perhaps block traffic for a while, it could be a problem.
Please note that we (collectively) wish no harm on others.

When said jokingly, in jest, or sarcasm please include an emoticon or other explanation to make that point clear to others. We are a widely read public forum.

RANDYT

Your state almost had constitutional carry, shame your gun organizations and the politicians blew it.

it was actually the Chicago pols that screwed the pooch. the NRA lobbyist wasn't allowed to be a part of the negotiations, and was only given 4 hours to review the bill before the vote. There was so much horsetrading going on that it is a wonder we ended up with what we got. The speaker of the House even said on the house floor that he pulled votes from the good carry bill, so he could pass his bill. If Mike Madigan says something won't pass it doesn't even get called for a vote. Mike also the Dem leader in the state, and controls the purse strings for dem re election. if a chicago dem pisses off mike, and don't vote like he says they either don't get reelected or end up in prison.

Hopefully we can start rolling back some of the prohibited places in the near future, as well as lower the training requirement, and the cost of the permit. Constitutional carry would be nice, but I don't see that happening in the near future.

SteveInCO

Please note that we (collectively) wish no harm on others.

When said jokingly, in jest, or sarcasm please include an emoticon or other explanation to make that point clear to others. We are a widely read public forum.

It was in jest. Thank you for catching that. I stuck an emoticon in, one I often see used for "I'm kidding.") For what it's worth I know (and yes, even like, so let the flaming of me start) people in the Chicago area who are anti-gun.

Also (just in case someone reading this misses this minor point) my phrasing, even if taken seriously, doesn't advocate violence against anti-gunners--their over-reactions to open carry would be their own doing.

Last edited:

SteveInCO

it was actually the Chicago pols that screwed the pooch. the NRA lobbyist wasn't allowed to be a part of the negotiations, and was only given 4 hours to review the bill before the vote. There was so much horsetrading going on that it is a wonder we ended up with what we got. The speaker of the House even said on the house floor that he pulled votes from the good carry bill, so he could pass his bill. If Mike Madigan says something won't pass it doesn't even get called for a vote. Mike also the Dem leader in the state, and controls the purse strings for dem re election. if a chicago dem pisses off mike, and don't vote like he says they either don't get reelected or end up in prison.

Hopefully we can start rolling back some of the prohibited places in the near future, as well as lower the training requirement, and the cost of the permit. Constitutional carry would be nice, but I don't see that happening in the near future.

I agree it was a legislative near-miracle, in Illinois of all places. And your second paragraph is a good list of problems that need to be fixed, assuming pro-gun people in Illinois manage to go on the offensive instead of having to defend what you did actually get. (I'd add "allowing for reciprocity" to the list.)

Firearms Iinstuctor

As of now, the stores in Swansea (Belleville) and O'Fallon have NOT posted their stores.
HOWEVER, the managers at both stores have clearly stated that they will be putting up signs barring carry. One of the managers went so far to state that "Aldi's is a German-owned company. What do you think they are going to do?"

The last time I visited the closest Aldi's store to me in Wis I don't remember seeing a sign.

Thundar

Maybe I am wrong about what Walking Wolf was referring to, but from my point of view, it was screwed up by the people in Illinois trusting the NRA to stand up for your gun rights. In reality a "no deal" meant defacto open carry, which was the only outcome the NRA (Negotiate Rights Away) would dread more than a ban!!!

NRA got recognition and lots of C2I2 cash for all the training. (C2I2 = Concealed Carry Instruction Industry)

Do you really think the NRA will fight hard to repeal some of the prohibited places or the fees? Only grass roots will do that.

RANDYT

I wish it was a NRA sponsored bill because it would have FAILED. the NRA is not mentioned in the law, where not allowed to even be a part of the bill to law making. Mike Madigan would NOT have let any other bill become law other than his. Mike admitted on the IL house floor that he personal pulled 6 votes from the NRA bill so it would fail. This guy even pays Republican challengers to run against his pions, just to split the vote so his choice allows wins. Mike has been in the IL House for 42 years, his daughter is the IL attorney general. What Mike says is what happens. In the original making of the bill to law, He took one of his shell bills, and then had them vote on each sections as amendments, just so he could find out what would pass and what wouldn't. He even pulled amendments written by other house members, without there knowledge, like when there sponsored amendment was called, it was changed to out of the record.

This is and was a Mike Madigan bill, with no NRA input, and you can blame the NRA all you want, There was no way for any other concealed carry law to pass. The amendments for the bill were forwarded through the committees with witness slips like 500:1 against and they still passed. The Chicago democrat do not listen to the people, and probably never will.

The law will get better, but will take time, and Il concealed carry is very grassroots, but we are fighting a very uphill battle.