• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Miller MO OC....banned?

Torquemaster69

Hey guys, I have family coming in from Colorado and I live in Neosho. What I would like to know, since we are having a family reunion in Miller, is whether OC is banned in Miller or not.

McLintock

Hey guys, I have family coming in from Colorado and I live in Neosho. What I would like to know, since we are having a family reunion in Miller, is whether OC is banned in Miller or not.

What is the date of the event?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEStucker

I would recommend a search for their city/town ordinances, if there's no law on the books restricting it, then you're good to go. Also, if you have a CCW (permission slip) and they do have an ordinance, then you're still good to go. I tried a quick google search, but didn't really find anything. Maybe someone that lives in the area will chime in with more information, but that's about the best I've got from up here in Kansas City.

xdmcompact

Remember SB656 takes effect on October 11th, so if Miller has an OC ban OC'ing before Oct. 11th is illegal. Best bet to verify their ordinance would be to go to the police department and ask to see the weapons offenses.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Remember SB656 takes effect on October 11th, so if Miller has an OC ban OC'ing before Oct. 11th is illegal. Best bet to verify their ordinance would be to go to the police department and ask to see the weapons offenses.

Perhaps best to clarify for the OP that SB656 preempts local OC ordinances only if one has a CC license/permit.