• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL class as a fundraiser for MOC vs CADL appeal.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
CPL class as a fundraiser for MOC vs CADL appeal. Looking for students

Skip Coryell has offered to conduct a CPL class with all profits going to the MOC appeals case. Skip has done fundraisers before for MOC, Inc and the Second Amendment March. The classes are very well done and many OCers on this forum have taken theses courses.

We have done a pot luck lunch at the class and I believe that all that have participated in past class had a great time.

At this time I would like to get people from the SW part of the state interested in taking a CPL class which benefits both the student and the cause. Of course you can take the course even if you live elsewhere.

The class would be $115 (A great price, for a great class) with a date to be

CPL Class with all profit going to the MOC Legal Fund.

To find out about the case go here. http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php/board,1.0.html

Update on CPL class fund-raiser.

COST: $115

Date: September 24[SUP]th[/SUP], 2011
Time: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. Come early to sign in.
Where:
Classroom portion-

THORNAPPLE TOWNSHIP HALL
E. Main St.
Middleville, MI49333

Range portion- 10 minute drive from Classroom.
7741 Bowens Mill Rd Middleville, MI

Instructors: Skip Coryell http://www.mwtac.com/mwtac/901.html Legal portion by Sheriff Dar Leaf

Classroom portion 9:00 am-3:00 pm
Range Portion 3:00 pm-6:00 pm
Lunch about noon (1/2 hr. lunch)

Class will fulfill
Michigan requirement for CPL application.

Students will need to bring:

ALSO NO POT-LUCK as there is no food allowed in the Township classroom. So bring a lunch. Sorry about that.

No Loaded firearms allowed in the classroom (NRA rule).

Dress for the weather, the classroom is inside, range is outside.

Bring eye and hearing protection. We may have a few extra ear plugs and glasses.

Pistol: Some will be available to rent for $20.00. 100 rounds of ammo:

There will be some ammo you can buy at the class.

Eye and ear protection.

I will need a minimum of $60 in advance, by September 10th. The remainder can be paid the day of the class. Make checks out to Brian Jeffs. PM me if you want to make alternative payment arraignments.

Send check or MO and a brief note with your name, address and a contact number to:

Brian Jeffs
High St.
Bath, MI 48808

Last edited:

HKcarrier

Where will the class be done? What are possible dates? I would be in for sure if the date is right... and it's not TOO far away. Guessing it would be a saturday...

Venator

Any more interest? We are looking at mid September in facilities in Middleville (north of Hastings). This area is 30-40 miles from Lansing, Battle Creek Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids.
If in the Lansing area I can arraign ride-a-longs for 6 people.

I need to get at least 12 students. All profits will go for attorney fees in the Appeals Process.

Will follow up with two dates soon.

Venator

Update on CPL class fund-raiser.
Please PM me if you plan on taking this class. We need a head count soon.
We also need range officers to help instruct on the range. Let me know if you want to help.

Middleville is between Hastings and Grand Rapids. It's about a half hour from GR, Battle Creek, Kalamazoo and Lansing.

COST: $115

Date: September 24[SUP]th[/SUP], 2011
Time: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. Come early to sign in.
Where:
Classroom portion-

THORNAPPLE TOWNSHIP HALL
E. Main St. Middleville, MI49333

Range portion- 10 minute drive from Classroom.
7741 Bowens Mill Rd Middleville, MI

Instructors: Skip Coryell http://www.mwtac.com/mwtac/901.html Legal portion by Sheriff- Dar Leaf

Classroom portion 9:00 am-3:00 pm
Range Portion 3:00 pm-6:00 pm
Lunch about noon (1/2 hr. lunch)

Class will fulfill
Michigan requirement for CPL application.

Students will need to bring:

ALSO NO POT-LUCK as there is no food allowed in the Township classroom. So bring a lunch. Sorry about that.

No loaded firearms allowed in the classroom (NRA).

Dress for the weather, the classroom is inside, range is outside.

Bring eye and hearing protection. We may have a few extra ear plugs and glasses.

Pistol: Some will be available to rent for $20.00.
100 rounds of ammo:
There will be some ammo you can buy at the class.

Eye and ear protection.

I will need a minimum of $60 in advance, by September 10th. The remainder can be paid the day of the class. Make checks out to Brian Jeffs. PM me if you want to make alternative payment arraignments.

Send check or MO and a brief note with your name, address and a contact number to:

Brian Jeffs
High St.
Bath, MI 48808

Last edited:

Venator

Reminder. Need to know who wants to take this class.

So if you or you know someone that wants to take a CPL class and are in the area please keep this class in mind. All profit goes to the CADL v MOC fund. Would love to have 10 or more students.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
For anyone thinking of taking this class I HIGHLY recommend it. I helped out at the one that was held at Hunts With Double in Shelby a while back and it was a huge success. Skip and Dar are top notch and Brian isn't too bad himself (JK buddy). We had a great turn out and had a lot of fun.

So sign up and help support a great cause!

ChuckWagon-SMVM

attending

I am interested in taking the class, again as it has been 10 years since i originally took a cpl. course. My original instructor was Mike Hoban of Brass Roots the class was very well done IMHO. I have one other person who would like to take the class and am waiting to hear from 2 others A friend of mine is also contacting several women that she took a self defense course with I let her know that they need to confirm asap

Venator

I am interested in taking the class, again as it has been 10 years since i originally took a cpl. course. My original instructor was Mike Hoban of Brass Roots the class was very well done IMHO. I have one other person who would like to take the class and am waiting to hear from 2 others A friend of mine is also contacting several women that she took a self defense course with I let her know that they need to confirm asap

Thanks so much. I hope you can get all of them to take the course. It will be educational and fun. PM me if you need any info, etc...

Venator

Time is growing near. I need to know how many plan on taking this class. If we don't get enough people we will cancel it. We need at least 6 more students for this to happen.

PM if you are interested.

Venator

UPDATE ON CLASS. I have extended the sign-up date to September 21st. If you have trouble with this date PM me for an alternate plan.

Venator

Time grows near. The class is this weekend. Still time to sign up. We have 5 spots open. PM me for details and to sign up for the class. So far half of the students signed up are women which is a great mix to have.

This is a great class for a great cause.

Venator

The CPL class was a big success. We raised a bit over $1000 for the CADL vs MOC, Inc. Court of Appeal case.

The students said they enjoyed the class and learned a lot about self defense and shooting their handguns. We had a student with some limited physical strength and she was gently instructed by Skip. During her final drill all her shots were well within the 8"x11" center of mass. She was so happy she was close to tears when she received her certificate.

Of course while were were in the classroom the weather was warm and sunny, and the moment we arrived at the range a downpour opened up and we all got rained on for the first 15 minutes or so, with a drizzle off and on throughout. All the students prevailed rain or shine and I was proud of them all for sticking it out.

I want to thank Skip Coryell for the donation of his time and effort in leading the class.

I want to thank Joel Fulton of Freedom Firearms in Battle Creek and his law instructor Chuck. They both are excellent instructors and Joel adds humor and passion to his lectures. Chuck added his experience with his life and death struggle with a criminal during his LEO days. Chuck is still here to tell the story, the criminal is not.

I highly recommend these instructors for the basic CPL course and any advance courses you may want to take.

I want to thank The Q for his help in assisting me in setting up the class and his help during the class and on the range.

I also want to thank all the students, some of which travelled hours to attend this class. While they received an excellent CPL cause they also knew they were helping out the cause of protecting our 2A rights.

Thank you all for your efforts.