• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NJ Court Says Beaten Man Has "No Need" for Firearm

Thundar

He was blindfolded, beaten and threatened with death. Fortunately, he was finally able to escape and the kidnappers were arrested.

The Superior Court judge who ruled in the case said Mr. Muller provided “no proof of justifiable need” to carry a firearm!

Muller was severely beaten, electrically shocked, abducted, held captive hundreds of miles from his home, threatened with death, and now fears future reprisals. And that demonstrates “no justifiable need?” That is outrageous!

Link: http://www.gunreports.com/news/news/NJ-Court-denies-beaten-man-gun-permit_2863-1.html?typpf

MKEgal

As Reader's Digest says... "that's outrageous!!"

Just when I thought NJ couldn't get any nuttier, I read this... :cuss: :banghead:

Someone in the comments section here posted this info on the judge:

Judge David Ironson. Like all Superior Court and Supreme Court justices, he is nominated by the Governor and approved by the State Senate Judiciary committee. You can get a bio and a pic of him here:
http://www.nj.com/morristown/index.ssf/2008/01/new_judges_ready_for_job.html

stuckinchico

Time for Judges to get retired

Ladies and gentlemen. There is a way for citizens to have judges removed. Here in Alabama, we have to write to a Judaical review committee which consists of a panel of 3 members. Basically you state how you feel that they have violated their judical Code of ethics preferably with documentation.
Every state has a cannon of ethics for their judges and its spelled out in black and white. They violate this, by some much as to even having a bias or opinion on a stand, they can get canned Ive complained on 3 judges and now we have 3 judge spots open. We do not have to sit back and take this. If they violate state law US Supreme court rulings they can be fined huge

Start send a message to your local judges, Enough is enough Do your job right or look for a new job

district9

I think a judge (not one named in the complaint) has granted him a permit. Anyone able to confirm?

fjpro2a

Permit Grantd

I think a judge (not one named in the complaint) has granted him a permit. Anyone able to confirm?

Although I am not an authoritative source, I remember reading yesterday in the papers that a Morristown County judge did, in fact, grant him a permit. Big Deal!!!! Any qualified person should be granted a permit. When did "NEED" become a requirement? I though it was the bill of rights, not the bill of needs.

district9

Yes, that is correct. But the lawsuit is stll in place. They have other plaintiffs who are regular Joes who just want to carry just in case.

Good. Hope they prevail. I'd like to apply to NJ as a non-resident, but I suspect right now it's a waste of time and money, even though they do allow non-residents to apply (unlike CA and NY).

Gilly

correct

Good. Hope they prevail. I'd like to apply to NJ as a non-resident, but I suspect right now it's a waste of time and money, even though they do allow non-residents to apply (unlike CA and NY).

You're right. You would be wasting your time. Carry permits for residents are as rare as hen's teeth. I can't imagine there are very many non-resident permits for regular citizens out there.

tyc

He was blindfolded, beaten and threatened with death. Fortunately, he was finally able to escape and the kidnappers were arrested.

The Superior Court judge who ruled in the case said Mr. Muller provided “no proof of justifiable need” to carry a firearm!

Do us all a favor ... post a picture of the "judge" so we can all see what "the enemy" looks like.

tyc

Fallschirjmäger

I can understand the judge's reasoning.
It's rare for anyone to get beaten to within an inch of his life, right?

So the odds of it happening TWICE must be approaching infinitesimal. With such vanishingly small odds, why would he need a permit?

.... Of course, to believe that reasoning you'd have to be within an inch of being brain dead.

Last edited:

tyc

... That is outrageous!
Link: http://www.gunreports.com/news/news/NJ-Court-denies-beaten-man-gun-permit_2863-1.html?typpf

Experience has shown me that most lawyers who are appointed or elected as judges are in fact legal "flunkies" who couldn't survive in the competitive world of legal practice. So they either leave town, choose another way to to make a living or all else failling, they become employees of the employer of last resort - government. There are in my opinion just too many of these "priests" in government - at all levels. As I see it, they are essentially on a glorified version of welfare.

I for one am of the firm conviction that we need far fewer lawyers in our courts and involved with our government. They should be replaced by historians, people who understand the lessons which history has to offer.

Just my opinion.

tyc

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

Hi Folks

Is there any more available information regarding this case?

The whole gun permit process in NJ should be challenged in court.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to this forum.

Best regards.

CCJ