• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Post your SHTF gear here!

KurtTheMormon

So what set-up do you guys have? Here's mine:

CARRIED ON SELF AT ALL TIMES:

Open carry in bulldog holster glock 19 9mm with 30 total best possible LE quality hollowpoint rounds. (15 in first clip, 15 in second back-up clip).
View attachment 10387

plus

Concealed carry Pepper Spray including extra ingredient of military grade tear gas always on my key chain. My friend's ex-girlfriend accidentally sprayed herself in the face with this stuff. Worst hour of her life.
View attachment 10388

plus

Concealed Carry LEXAN Knuckle Dusters. These are made of hard-plastic lexan. They aren't metal because that would be illegal, but they HIT like they are made of metal.
View attachment 10389

3A rated ballistic tactical/concealable easy-on easy-off body armor under whatever I am wearing. Will stop all handgun rounds and a few low caliber rifle rounds. Wear this everywhere I go.
View attachment 10390

Whole system cost me about $800 including ammo. That's pretty darn good. Got the bullet proof vest on e-bay for $165+$15 shipping and handling. It was a bargain. That same seller is still selling them at that price I believe. Would recommend.

CARRIED IN TRUNK OF CAR AT ALL TIMES:

Loaded 30-06 semi-auto Rifle with scope and 100+ rounds of ammunition
View attachment 10393

Plus

Loaded .22 semi-auto rifle with scope and 100+ rounds of ammunition
View attachment 10391

Plus

Fully stocked EMT-B backpack kit to go with my EMT-B training, including specialty blood-clotting combat-gauze for gunshots:
View attachment 10392

Plus

Various tools, foodstuffs for 3 days, water for 3 days, loaded 33 round clip for glock 19, and two smoke producing fireworks plus a handful of road-flares for signaling a chopper or something.
View attachment 10394 View attachment 10395View attachment 10396

Also considering investing in urban camouflage overcoat, ballistic mask, ballistic helmet, and possibly ballistic chaps and groin protection. Also going to buy level 4 ballistic panels (will defeat even 30-06 rounds) for a vest. When I do, I'll keep them in the trunk of my car along with what's already in the trunk.

HOME GEAR:

<Will update soon>

So how about everyone else? What kind of prep set ups do you have? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to OCDO.

Suggest you Google Gecko45.

You are short some duct tape, a tactical wheelbarrow, some Cheetos, and your concealed carry badge.

And for the love of all that is sweet and dear, start taking your meds again.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Have moved this from Hot Topics, which it is decidedly not, and edited/modified the title with a deletion.

Suggest strongly that you review the Forum Rules, understand the intent/premise of OCDO, and conduct yourself accordingly.

I consider how much or how little gear I may have, nobody's business but my own. I am neither LE, military, nor a wannabe. My involvement here on OCDO is because I wish to normalize carry of a properly holstered handgun as I/we go through our normal everyday life. That is the reason for this site - do not stray too far from that.

This thread will be monitored in accordance with the above.

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I'm not totally sure about UT laws, but you might want to double check them. For example it is ILLEGAL to have a loaded long gun in your vehicle in WA state..

KurtTheMormon

Have moved this from Hot Topics, which it is decidedly not, and edited/modified the title with a deletion.

Suggest strongly that you review the Forum Rules, understand the intent/premise of OCDO, and conduct yourself accordingly.

I consider how much or how little gear I may have, nobody's business but my own. I am neither LE, military, nor a wannabe. My involvement here on OCDO is because I wish to normalize carry of a properly holstered handgun as I/we go through our normal everyday life. That is the reason for this site - do not stray too far from that.

This thread will be monitored in accordance with the above.

Sorry about that. I'm new here.

09jisaac

Glocks have clips now? Awesome!

They have ALWAYS had clips.

It makes reloading in an intense situation easier. Instead of loading the cartridges individually you just use a standard stripper clip to refill the magazine from the top.

Wait, no.... I was thinking about the M1 Grarand. Almost the same?

PFC HALE

all i have is a swiss army knife for my bugout gear. the tweezers can take down a grizzly bear from 100 yds!

u9udy7ad.jpg

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hey! Can't leave you all alone for a minute. You take a serious post and ridicule it making it something out of the Social Lounge.

Gonna have to think on this.......after I finish spam hunting. They're in season you know. :p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
How would you respond to this if you saw it in the middle of your street?

Gotta move this to the Social Lounge, just gotta.

Freedom1Man

My gear is none of your business.

You're better off working together with your neighbors for a base system of exchange rather than posting all of your toys in a forum such as this.

Last edited:

MKEgal

KurtTheMormon said:
So what set-up do you guys have?
Sexist.

What kind of prep set ups do you have?
I didn't know there were kinds.
Is there a "new to this & don't know what I'm doing" kind, and an "extremely obsessed bordering on psychotic" kind, and...?
I just have a little food, a little ammo... Nothing much. :rolleyes:

Grapeshot said:
after I finish spam hunting. They're in season you know.
Are they kinda like snipes, or are they closer to clay pigeons?
Hunting with a pistol, or is a shotgun more effective?

KYKevin

So what set-up do you guys have? Here's mine:

CARRIED ON SELF AT ALL TIMES:

Open carry in bulldog holster glock 19 9mm with 30 total best possible LE quality hollowpoint rounds. (15 in first clip, 15 in second back-up clip).

plus

Concealed carry Pepper Spray including extra ingredient of military grade tear gas always on my key chain. My friend's ex-girlfriend accidentally sprayed herself in the face with this stuff. Worst hour of her life.

plus

Concealed Carry LEXAN Knuckle Dusters. These are made of hard-plastic lexan. They aren't metal because that would be illegal, but they HIT like they are made of metal.

3A rated ballistic tactical/concealable easy-on easy-off body armor under whatever I am wearing. Will stop all handgun rounds and a few low caliber rifle rounds. Wear this everywhere I go.

Whole system cost me about $800 including ammo. That's pretty darn good. Got the bullet proof vest on e-bay for $165+$15 shipping and handling. It was a bargain. That same seller is still selling them at that price I believe. Would recommend.

CARRIED IN TRUNK OF CAR AT ALL TIMES:

Loaded 30-06 semi-auto Rifle with scope and 100+ rounds of ammunition

Plus

Loaded .22 semi-auto rifle with scope and 100+ rounds of ammunition

Plus

Fully stocked EMT-B backpack kit to go with my EMT-B training, including specialty blood-clotting combat-gauze for gunshots:

Plus

Various tools, foodstuffs for 3 days, water for 3 days, loaded 33 round clip for glock 19, and two smoke producing fireworks plus a handful of road-flares for signaling a chopper or something.

Also considering investing in urban camouflage overcoat, ballistic mask, ballistic helmet, and possibly ballistic chaps and groin protection. Also going to buy level 4 ballistic panels (will defeat even 30-06 rounds) for a vest. When I do, I'll keep them in the trunk of my car along with what's already in the trunk.

HOME GEAR:

<Will update soon>

So how about everyone else? What kind of prep set ups do you have? :)

When the SHTF the smartest thing you can do is stay home. You know the area and the environment and you have every thing you need if you are prepared. I see so many people who plan to bug out in such situations that they might as well form a train. I know my neighbors and I know the neighborhood. When we had the big Ice storm here we all banded together to help each other out. That is what you are looking for.

That being said if you have to bug out as some put it. Get a 3 day pack. Only pack the essentials you will need to survive. Remember ounces = pounds and pounds = pain. Prepare to lose anything else you pack into a vehicle as you may have to abandon it. Once you have it. Take just it out for a camping trip for the weekend and see if you can survive with what you have for 3 days. So many people pack a 3 day back and never test it.

Next. All those weapons. Pick a main rifle and a side arm. Plus a knife and a saw or hatchet. Rambo you are not.

Next. Take all those survival shows with a grain of salt. Just because such and such happen to them odds are your situation is going to be completely different. And those doomsday shows? Well I enjoy watching them but remember no matter how well you prep you can not prep for every thing unless your extremely rich. Also remember some of those people are trying to sell you something. Buyer beware.

I live in an earthquake prone area. I plan on staying home unless my home is deemed unsafe after a quake. Other than that I have a 3 day pack. And plan on taking a short drive out of the area to my brothers.

I don't see armageddon or the walking dead coming any time soon. Well I take that back. The new season of walking dead is coming this fall and I am prepared. :)

I am not going to run around all paranoid that things like this are going to happen. Neither should you. But it is your choice. Fear is a thought. It is not a physical thing. You can control it. Get out and enjoy life. What happens will happen and there is probably a 99% chance you will not have any control over it or be prepared for it no matter how much you do prep.

EMNofSeattle

My SHTF gear.... One (1) Bryco .25 automatic

Six (6) .25 caliber hollopoints

Plan..... Sneak up on mall ninja and knock him out with my less then lethal weapon (the Bryco .25)

Then take all his stuff .

Total cost. 60 bucks

We-the-People

My SHTF gear.... One (1) Bryco .25 automatic

Six (6) .25 caliber hollopoints

Plan..... Sneak up on mall ninja and knock him out with my less then lethal weapon (the Bryco .25)

Then take all his stuff .

Total cost. 60 bucks

You're way over prepared. Two hands, one mall ninja, you've got WAY more than you need. If there are two of you, just find another ninja.

First thing I'm doing is locking (amost) all my guns in the big heavy safe.