• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attorney General Eric Holder just announced his resignation

Griz

You can count how many times "Fast and Furious" was mentioned with no hands.

F350

If (when) the Republicans take the senate I bet they will try to ram through his replacement with Dingy Harry still in control with the "new" rules on nominations during the lame duck session and we wind up with something just as bad. At this time I see nothing to celebrate, the face may change but nothing else will.

Sir Diealotz

What if....

What if this is just one step of many in the near future to nominate Holder for Supreme Court... Hope not but I'll bet it's in the works.

Redbaron007

Does this mean he can be indicted for the "Fast and Furious" debacle, as well as all the race baiting and hatred he's been responsible for?

I was thinking along the same lines. I'm not sure he can be....I've tried to research this over the last day....nothing conclusive either way. King Obama will more than likely evoke executive privilege to protect him.

Redbaron007

Presidential pardon.

Guaranteed! However, before it even gets to that point; I can see him evoking his executive privilege....even if it isn't constitutionally sound; he'll allow it to go through the courts; then he'll be long gone.