• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wal-Mart to support gun control?

EMNofSeattle

Wouldn't shock me, read this article from The Washington Post

the White House is developing strategies to work around the National Rifle Association that one source said could include rallying support from Wal-Mart and other gun retailers for measures that would benefit their businesses.

This of course from the same corporate giant with a known history of oppression against their workers and for signing on to the Mayors Against Illegal Guns plan for "responsible retailing"

I have been boycotting Wal-Mart for years, it's time the gun community stands up to this retailer behemoth and starts supporting stores and shops that actually care about our rights.

Last edited:

Aknazer

Wouldn't shock me, read this article from The Washington Post

This of course from the same corporate giant with a known history of oppression against their workers and for signing on to the Mayors Against Illegal Guns plan for "responsible retailing"

I have been boycotting Wal-Mart for years, it's time the gun community stands up to this retailer behemoth and starts supporting stores and shops that actually care about our rights.

I would like to point out that Walmart has "yet" to sign on to the new restrictions. The article simply states how the White House's goal is to divide and conquer on this subject because they know that if they don't turn us against each other then they stand no chance of getting it passed. It then uses Walmart (and by extension any other retailer that sells guns and signs on) as an example of their plans.

EMNofSeattle

I would like to point out that Walmart has "yet" to sign on to the new restrictions. The article simply states how the White House's goal is to divide and conquer on this subject because they know that if they don't turn us against each other then they stand no chance of getting it passed. It then uses Walmart (and by extension any other retailer that sells guns and signs on) as an example of their plans.

maybe so, but the white house likely wouldn't post it unless Wal-Mart was already open to just talking to them about it.

As far as I'm concerned if Wal-Mart says anything to the government other then "HELL NO" to these ideas then they're not worthy of business. the fact they're even willing to consider it means that they're not to be trusted.

F350

maybe so, but the white house likely wouldn't post it unless Wal-Mart was already open to just talking to them about it.

As far as I'm concerned if Wal-Mart says anything to the government other then "HELL NO" to these ideas then they're not worthy of business. the fact they're even willing to consider it means that they're not to be trusted.

Bombard Wal-Mart NOW with letters letting them know we will stop all shopping and dump any stock we have if they sign on to any anti-second amendment effort from this administration. Hit them before they even have a chance to seriously think about it; if we are this angry on the news they MIGHT be thinking about it, make 'em wonder how mad we will be if they do anything!

rscottie

You can send Wal Mart a message like this.

I sent the following message to WalMart Corporate Headquarters concerning the White House announcing that they would seek WalMarts help with implementing their anti-gun legislation.

"It has come to our attention that the White House is attempting to subvert the Constitution and institute gun bans and legislation that would take away law-abiding American Citizens Rights.

According to sources, they intend to seek Wal-Marts help in this anti-gun legislation. I quote, "To sell such changes, the White House is developing strategies to work around the National Rifle Association that one source said could include rallying support from Wal-Mart and other gun retailers for measures that would benefit their businesses."

Please understand that any support Wal-Mart gives to any bans on sporting firearms or magazines will not sell well with your customer's. You have become the largest retailer in America because people like the value and convenience of shopping at your stores. But if you support anti-freedom gun control, that support will go away quickly.

It would be advised that you should respond to the White House and their attempt to group you in as one of their pawns in the scheme to disarm law abiding citizens by putting out a statement in support of the Second Amendment, our Constitution, and Law Abiding Citizens Right to Keep and Bear Arms. This includes law-abiding citizens rights to keep AR15's, the most popular sporting rifle in the nation, as well as possess magazines that have capacities exceeding 10 rounds.

This announcement of support would go along way with customer relations and keep you from being labeled as UN-American and suffer subsequent loss of business.

Your support is needed in this fight for America and our Freedom.

I look forward to your response."

We should all send them some letters that they should not be Obama's biotch.

If you would like to email them, the address is: https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback

eye95

maybe so, but the white house likely wouldn't post it unless Wal-Mart was already open to just talking to them about it...

They wouldn't??? Which White House you talkin' 'bout? The one with the current honest-as-the-day-is-long resident? The one who wouldn't ever deceive us to attain his objectives?

OC for ME

Walmart not selling guns and ammo will have no significant effect on gun and ammo sales. Now, if Cabelas, Bass Pro, Gander Mountain ect. signed onto this idea the small "mom & pop" gun stores would experience a financial boom of unprecedented proportions.

Walmart is the world largest retailer, are they the worlds largest gun & ammo retailer? Hardly.

motoxmann

Walmart not selling guns and ammo will have no significant effect on gun and ammo sales. Now, if Cabelas, Bass Pro, Gander Mountain ect. signed onto this idea the small "mom & pop" gun stores would experience a financial boom of unprecedented proportions.

Walmart is the world largest retailer, are they the worlds largest gun & ammo retailer? Hardly.

^x2^

and to be totally honest, I don't know what it's like in other parts of the country, but here in CT Walmart has very very limited selections of guns. on average I see maybe 5 rifles/shotguns at a time in the display case, and they are drastically overpriced. their ammo prices are also higher than every other store I've been to in the entire state. based on what I've seen just for prices and selection at Walmarts here in CT, I never have and never would buy guns or ammo at Walmart. though I do shop at walmart frequently for all the other necessities of life, and am proud to know they support 2A rights

cbxer55

Don't know about in other states, but here in Oklahoma Wally World does not prohibit concealed or open carry of firearms. If they were to join this anti-gun effort, one would think the first sign of that would be gun-buster signs on their facilities. Myself, I rarely ever go to Wal Mart, hate the places. Never bought anything gun related there either, and will not. I go there maybe twice a year to buy certain things only, nothing else. I can buy them in other places if this company decides to go anti-gun on us.

Aknazer

Walmart here in OKC used to have the bushmaster AR for sale, but the majority of their guns were more "accepted" models. Though their ammo prices weren't bad (comparible to prices on base) and were cheaper than the majority of other stores unless you were looking for bulk 5.56 (since Walmart doesn't sell it by the ammo can like a lot of places).

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I do not think this will happen. Money talks.
No worries in Wa Walmarts OCing, I do it all the time. They had about twentyfive rifles on display the last time I was in there. A few AR clones of various cals and a bunch of wood guns. They even carry a fair selection (for a box store) of accessories. No machine guns, suppressors or grenade launchers tho.

LibertyDeath

That is like having the White House say that they are trying to get with Exxon-Mobil and Shell to convince OPEC raise production for lower gas prices.

LibertyDeath

Does the article say anything about Walmart being a party to this. The article I read stated that they want to woo WalMart into this disgusting crap.

Barnett3006

EMNofSeattle

Not sure why anyone is surprised that Walmart would cater to gun control...

Is Walmart still part of Bloomberg's private gun registry?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/2411414...-log-guns-sold-then-used-crimes/#.UO0AqawxFAQ

When was the last time anyone bought a handgun from them? 1993?

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/12/23/business/wal-mart-to-end-sales-of-handguns-in-stores.html?src=pm

...as they have a history of it already.

Didn't Wal-Mart get hammered for one of their clerks selling a pistol to a woman under 21, who was visibly upset and she then killed herself with that gun?

I can't remember specific details, or if it was Wal-Mart, but Mas Ayoob has talked about such an incident that led to a "national chain of big box stores" pulling handguns from the shelves as a result of a settlement involving a sale to an underage woman who killed herself with the gun in the late 1980s-early 1990s. Was that Wal-Mart? or does anyone know if this anecdote even is factual?

Barnett3006

Didn't Wal-Mart get hammered for one of their clerks selling a pistol to a woman under 21, who was visibly upset and she then killed herself with that gun?

I can't remember specific details, or if it was Wal-Mart, but Mas Ayoob has talked about such an incident that led to a "national chain of big box stores" pulling handguns from the shelves as a result of a settlement involving a sale to an underage woman who killed herself with the gun in the late 1980s-early 1990s. Was that Wal-Mart? or does anyone know if this anecdote even is factual?

I had never heard of that, wouldn't surprise me though considering the average Walmart employee can't spell their own name.

I've heard that K-Mart decided to (slowly) get out of the gun business after one of its mouth-breather employees sold a gun to a heavily intoxicated moron who then shot someone in the parking lot. Seems to me it was around the same time period that you mention above, though I don't recall that the intoxicated shooter offed him/herself.

Last edited:

crazydude6030

http://news.yahoo.com/wal-mart-join-biden-gun-170139471.html

"Wal-Mart Stores Inc. will join talks at the White House on Thursday about gun control and safety.

Vice President Joe Biden is conducting a series of gatherings this week aimed at building a consensus around proposals to curb gun violence following the deadly shooting at a Newtown, Conn., elementary school last month.

The vice president is meeting Wednesday with victims groups and gun-safety organizations. On Thursday, Biden will meet with the National Rifle Association and other gun-owner groups. Meetings with representatives from the video-game and entertainment industries are also planned.

Wal-Mart said it previously had not planned to attend the meeting because of its senior leaders' schedule and had spoken in advance with the Vice President's office to share its perspective.

"We underestimated the expectation to attend the meeting on Thursday in person, so we are sending an appropriate representative to participate," company spokesman David Tovar said in a statement Wednesday. "We take this issue very seriously and are committed staying engaged in this discussion as the administration and Congress work toward a consensus on the right path forward."

The world's largest retailer said it has had ongoing conversations with the Obama administration, Congress, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg's office, sportsmen groups, suppliers and others. The company said it has tried to strike the right balance between serving hunters and sportsmen and ensuring that it sells firearms responsibly.

President Barack Obama wants Biden to report back to him with policy proposals by the end of the month. Obama has vowed to move swiftly on the recommendations, and a proposed package is expected to include both legislative proposals and executive action.
"