• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DoJ Emergency CCW Rules approved!

H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://wispolitics.com/index.iml?Article=250214
WisPolitics.com said:
“Given the short timeline between the promulgation of the rules by the Department of Justice and the implementation of the concealed carry law, we have little choice but to approve the emergency rules," Walker spokesman Cullen Werwie said in a statement. "Failure to do so could prevent the law from going into effect on November 1st. We’re hopeful that the Department of Justice improves the permanent rules substantially before sending them to the Administration and the legislature for approval.”

http://wispolitics.com/index.iml?Article=250279

Last edited:

Trip20

bah whatever

From the other article:

"The rules need to be reined in," Walker said. "We just got the rules dropped off - or the proposed emergency rules dropped off the other day - but I've talked to the attorney general (J.B. Van Hollen) about this, and I talked this morning to Pam Galloway, the state senator who authored it, and we both feel pretty strongly that the law was pretty clear-cut. There was a pretty limited role for administrative rules. It was more for the technical process that was used but that the parameters were very well set out in the state statutes."

Put your money where your mouth is Walker. Personally I'd rather Walker keep the garbage rules out of the picture even if it means delaying things. I've waited this long.

HandyHamlet

bah whatever

Put your money where your mouth is Walker. Personally I'd rather Walker keep the garbage rules out of the picture even if it means delaying things. I've waited this long.

Exactly. Coming from the guy who obliterated Constitutional Carry to begin with, his word means nothing.

Kc.38

If it makes us feel better, at least Gov. Walker said that he hoped that the DOJ would improve on the rules before they are put into permant law. He could have said that he liked the changes that they did. I know, I know, I am really stretching for a positive side to this.

Apet

Hunter safety

Just to confirm, hunter's safety satisfies this requirement?

HandyHamlet

Sarcastic Pessimistic poster is Sarcastic and Pessimistic....:dude:

When we quit getting stabbed in the back and have Constitutional Carry with optional permits I'll give you an extra 35% off my bridge. Because I like you.

Until then I call it the way it is playing out. Politics as usual with our input being the least of our elected employees' concerns.

So, mayor barrett would of done better?

This particular problem is Van Hollen's fault.

Walker wanted a permit system and he got it. And no one forced him to sign off on the DOJ's rules today. We have spoken and he has flipped us the bird twice now.

Last edited:

protias

Screw this. I'm signing the recall petition.

Why so a liberal can get in? I'm no fan of the Republicans over this, no fan at all, but remember, it could be far, far worse. I still need to do some research on the other proposals (like if you get denied, your name goes on a publicly available list on the DOJ site).

BROKENSPROKET

Screw this. I'm signing the recall petition.

Walker sent a strong message to DOJ to get there **** straight for the premanent rule-making process. If you would sign a recall petition at this point in the game, I would say you are a union demcrat. Several school districts have reported referrendums to bring property taxes back down. Wisconsin job growth has been more than half the national.

If we keep Walker in the Governors mansion and keep the majorities in the House and the Senate in the 2012 elections, we will see Constititional Carry in 2013. Several legislators have sworn to keep fighting for it. I have heard it said that is was the goal get Constitutional CArry before ORR lawsuits make it thorugh the courts and licensees information could be made public.

rcav8r

So, mayor barrett would of done better?

This particular problem is Van Hollen's fault.

Walker needs to be sent a message loud and clear.

First he said he'd sign any CC bill that came to his desk, so we got the Constitutional Carry bill...then he said he'd like training, so we got a permit system with training....then he signs these "emergency" rules, THEN says he doesn't want the training time limits. Now we can face up to 9 months of these rules before anything definitive happens, including permenant "emergency" rules that become law. That the DOJ would be unprepared for Nov 1st if he rejected them is total and utter BS. Even if that were true, I'd rather wait then be saddled with something that turns CCW into a joke.

Last edited:

rcav8r

When we quit getting stabbed in the back and have Constitutional Carry with optional permits I'll give you an extra 35% off my bridge. Because I like you.

Until then I call it the way it is playing out. Politics as usual with our input being the least of our elected employees' concerns.

Walker wanted a permit system and he got it. And no one forced him to sign off on the DOJ's rules today. We have spoken and he has flipped us the bird twice now.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.