• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

pistol permit soon... hopefully

Clawed

well its been 8 weeks and 2 days so far as of Nov. 14, 2012
i called the records department yesterday and asked about my pistol permit the lady on the phone said its "awaiting the chiefs signature"
hopefully he signs it soon

motoxmann

thats a common reply in many towns. sometimes its true, sometimes it's just a line to feed you to keep you waiting anxiously thinking it'll be ready any second now so you don't continue to call every day asking where it is.
call again tomorrow, and the next day, and probably once a day until you get it lol

Clawed

Congrats. It's a great feeling after that long wait isn't it?

yeah the wait felt like forever, now im gonna wait until the 2nd full week of december to get my 5 year at troop E in montville
(not going all the way to Middletown costs too much to get their)

motoxmann

yeah the wait felt like forever, now im gonna wait until the 2nd full week of december to get my 5 year at troop E in montville
(not going all the way to Middletown costs too much to get their)

can you do that? I thought you could only get the 5 year state permit from DPS in middletown?

davidmcbeth

Banned
9. You are an ILLEGAL ALIEN in the United States.

From DPS link above .... I wonder how long the demorats will change this provision ...