• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is the prosecution of Z an attempt to ban self-defense against blacks?

Are the TPTB trying to use the Z trial to de facto ban self-defense against blacks?

• Total voters

eye95

From post # 3 (your post): "some groups of people", "their actions", etc.

You have used vague language and have failed to provide a one-to-one mapping from said vague language to the specifics of how liberals have reacted to Zimmerman's clear-cut self-defense. I am not a mind reader. Beyond a vague sense that you're saying that society coddls blacks (which I agree with), I don't see anything in post # 3, vague as it is, that refutes my thesis.

I don't care if you think it is vague. I don't care if you say it is vague. That is an opinion, and you are entitled to it.

I care when you misrepresent what I and others say, which you have also done. That you are not entitled to do. I will call you on it. I will remain moved on from discussing with you on topic until you post responsibly and stop this dishonest tactic. I will, however, continue to point out your dishonest actions.

notalawyer

<guffaw>

Objection. Absurdity to assert facts-not-in-evidence against a post that didn't offer facts, but was clearly two evaluations.

<raucous, jeering laughter>

I realize you have a difficult time recognizing facts, so I'll help you. You also fail to understand the difference between evalualtion vs opinion.

A fact is a statement that can be proven true (or false) with some objective standard.
An opinion is a statement that a person believes to be true but it cannot be measured against an objective standard.
An evaluation is a spoken or written statement of the value, quality, importance, extent, or condition of something.

This is a statement of two facts:
Zimmerman was negligent and at fault for the death of Martin.
Both can be proven false with objective standards, such as the evidence presented in a court of law.

cteaglesfan

LOL Yeah, when I was a hippie kid I read Black Like Me. I was much more influenced by Thomas Merton that Griffin discovered only late in life. Too late to save him from Jacko's vitiligo and Methoxsalen.

WOW, find it very hard to believe and refreshing at the same time that a lover of Thomas Merton is on OCDO. I never read any of his work but I know of him.

My dad made me read that same book when I was probably 14 after I did or said something that a typical 14 year old would. After I was done with it he asked me "what it meant to me". Basically, Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his moccasins, things aren't always what they seem. I was reminded of that by a comment about how 'society coddls blacks'

Have Gun - Will Carry

Someone here apparently doesn't comprehend what it means to "move on"...

Post #11:
No. I don't think that. I posted what I think. Try reading it.

Moving on.

I did. I also moved on. Read my post. I have nothing further to say on topic to a person who just misrepresented the opinions of everyone who disagreed with him. There is no point in debating with a person who is being dishonest.

I post again only to point out again that either you cannot read or you are being deliberately dishonest about what I am writing.

Again, I will remain moved on, and not discuss with you on-topic, but only point out your dishonesty, until you can begin posting responsibly again.

Near as I can figure, you are upset that so many folks here do not see things the same way that you do, prompting some foot-stomping.

I don't care if you think it is vague. I don't care if you say it is vague. That is an opinion, and you are entitled to it.

I care when you misrepresent what I and others say, which you have also done. That you are not entitled to do. I will call you on it. I will remain moved on from discussing with you on topic until you post responsibly and stop this dishonest tactic. I will, however, continue to point out your dishonest actions.

"I will remain moved on"??? WTH does that even mean? Especially when posted in reply to a poster who had posted what was supposedly moved on from?

Am I the only one who thinks that when a person "moves on", they should actually... you know... move on? Just sayin'.

Eye95-ing on...

cteaglesfan

I lived thirty years near Mepkin Abbey in Berkeley County, SC, and was gently acquainted with Abbot Fr. Kline that steered me back towards Thomas Merton, also a Trappist.

In college, at San Jose State, I studied under a geneticist that had fallen prey to higher criticism Biblical criticism while taking his Bachelor of Divinity postgraduate at seminary in Germany. I was at SJS at the same time as Tommie Smith of the Olympic Project for Human Rights (Harry Edwards) and Edwards was acquainted with Snell Putney (Normal Neuroses/Adjusted American), also a tutor in my program (I learned to sail aboard his Troika) . While in Wisconsin I worked to renew my knowledge of Alexander Meiklejohn and his student Mervyn Cadwallader that founded the program at SJS.

Duality, you have to love it.

My hat is off to you sir.

papa bear

some of you guys have not realized that EYE95 is a troll. a very good troll, he has had a lot of practice

mov'ng on

i really don't think that trhey are trying to make it more difficult to defend against blacks, of course barring the "Sharpton crowds". i think it is an assault on "stand your ground" laws, or self-defense period. these are the same people that tell you to relax and enjoy it.

Z will not be aquited of this. the best the prosecution will hope for is a hung jury then they will hang it over his head the rest of his life.

Have Gun - Will Carry

Someone does not know how to read. I moved on from discussing the topic with that poster. I stated that I would continue to point out his dishonesty. I will.

I will also continue to point out the stupidity of your posts.

Your turn.

No thanks; I have neither the time nor the inclination to point out the stupidity in all of your posts. Holy crap, that would take weeks, possibly months! Got better things to do.

Besides, I'm fairly sure that, with a few notable exceptions, most people on this forum are somewhat intelligent - they don't need me to point out the stupidity in one who repeatedly claims to be moving on, but whose ego is so immense they just can't bear to do so.

Eye95-ing on.

No... on second thought, I've already wasted enough time and energy on this useless exchange. There's no point in prolonging it. Feel free to rave on in my absence.

Moving on...

minarchist

Of course someone like you doesn't care about clarity.

I find it interesting that you're sticking up for the anti-Zimmerman lynch mob.

Red Dawg

As we in VA know, facts don't always mean a fair trial, or aquitals. There was such outrage over the killing Of martin, that they HAD to do something. So they are doing something. I'm not sure they really care if the jury convicts, or cuts him loose. They "did something"....When Z gets aquitted, there actaully will be blood in the streets, and fires as well. And that my friends, is why high cap mags, and other guns not to be mentioned on OCDO...(against the rules to discuss long gun carry)..

countryclubjoe

Manslaughter charge is a possibility. I believe TM mother is due to testify tomorrow and then the state will rest its case. Manslaughter could mean 20-30 year sentence.

CCJ

countryclubjoe

How did this case get passed a Grand Jury?

One issue is certain. The media is playing this case up for all its worth.

The prosecutor clearly has higher political ambitions.

Defense counsel alto giving a fairly easy case to defend, parades his client in front of the media (fox news Hannity 7/2012) after charges are filed.

A bunch of greedy minded people sensationalizing a tragedy and setting back the races yet again.

CCJ

WalkingWolf

It's an effort to ban citizen self-defense PERIOD, regardless of the color of the aggressor.

This case has several factors. It is not a effort to ban self defense, but a attempt to ban carry, and using a firearm for self defense. On top of that add Jackson and Sharpton trying to stay relevant in this day and age after Obama stole their thunder. And alas it is political because of those who cater to the ultra liberal base.